What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
To recruit a dominant NYC player from another club is extremely rare, and would have to take significant cash. We obviously signed him for a reason.

From what I read from some Titans' fans they said he had a poor attitude towards training. From what I've heard from some Parra people is that he was training the house down here. Maybe he just needed a change of scenery to start taking it seriously?

Stevie

Bench
Re wingers, can we just (assuming he is found not guilty) open get Max to open the f**king moth filled wallet and give Semi the 600k or so needed to make him stay.

He can stay with his mates, forget about learning French and being even further away from Fiji and we can all f**king move on!

Get it done Max you stupid merkin!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think there are plenty of centres who are ordinary defenders, and you can often cover them. As mention, Cheyse Blair and Will Chambers aren't great defenders...neither are Latrell Mitchell and Joseph Manu. Or James Roberts and Tautau Moga. BJ Leilua is an awful defender....
These guys are only poor defenders compared to other centres. Stick a winger, halfback or edge forward in their position and you will see them do worse. And if the centre's lateral movement is poor enough the coach can just have him shoot against an overlap rather than slide. It's higher risk but it's one way of carrying one of these more cumbersome outside backs at that crucial spot second man in from the sideline.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Wingers are extremely important these days. A top 17 winger is somewhere you might save some money but you shouldn't be banking on it.

And we already have an entire top 17 contracted for next year apart from Moeroa and Radradra. I don't expect us to recruit more than two top 17 players (especially if Moeroa re-signs). So getting a goalkicking winger (since we need a winger anyway) means we don't need to get a goalkicker in that second recruit. We can just focus on the quality of his general play.

relatively speaking they are still the least important across the park.

we have critical needs at halfback and hooker which are positions where goalkicking is commonly associated.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
relatively speaking they are still the least important across the park.
No they're not. That distinction goes to many of your middle forwards.

Some wingers take the most runs of anyone on their team. Even the ones who don't are 80 minute players essential to your edge defence and kick coverage.
we have critical needs at halfback and hooker which are positions where goalkicking is commonly associated.
Dunno about goal kicking hookers (who is there beside Smith?), but given how important halves are do we want to restrict our recruitment to only those who can kick goals?

Bazal

Post Whore
No they're not. That distinction goes to many of your middle forwards.

Some wingers take the most runs of anyone on their team. Even the ones who don't are 80 minute players essential to your edge defence and kick coverage.

Dunno about goal kicking hookers (who is there beside Smith?), but given how important halves are do we want to restrict our recruitment to only those who can kick goals?

Issac Luke kicks goals....otherwise I can't think of too many goal kicking hookers.