What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL commentators

Worst NRL commentator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Vossy is king
Smith is good
Stereo is great

Then daylight, thought ennis went ok tonight as long as he stops arguing ref decisions

retch

Juniors
Does the NRL pay the wages of the Fox League commentators or does Fox pay them.

Vossy
Smithy
Sterlo
Brandy
Anasta
Blocker
Billy Moore
Johns M
Fletch
Hindy
The Professor
Finchy
Vonny
Lara
Hannah
Meeegs
Tallis [just]

Life's Good

Coach
Does the NRL pay the wages of the Fox League commentators or does Fox pay them.

Vossy
Smithy
Sterlo
Brandy
Anasta
Blocker
Billy Moore
Johns M
Fletch
Hindy
The Professor
Finchy
Vonny
Lara
Hannah
Meeegs
Tallis [just]
Employed by Fox/News, paid by Fox/News. Looking at your list though makes realise they are carrying some sh*t in their line up and you left out Raymond, Yates to name a couple more. And let's not forget those on Qld(home of tards)only.

Blues Riff

Bench
Vossy is starting to shit me with his reminiscing during his commentary. Every kick or tackle is "a'la Jo Blo in the 82 quarter final", or some shit. Who gives a rats?.

Vee

First Grade
Do we [as a forum] actually like any commentators.
As others noted, Sterlo, Andrew Moore and Jimmy Smith. I'd also add Ryan Girdler, makes good points on panel shows though I haven't heard him commentate.

I know this will be rubbished but I like Gordie. Talks like he played, straight and hard with no bullsh*t. He often looks embarrassed to be sharing the couch with dribblers like Hindy and Fletch.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Kevin Walters is deadset one of the worst commentators I've listened to. Doesn't seem to have much clue at all and has a real redneck voice. He reminds me of those 2 guys in the Spongebob movie that ran that gas station.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Roach is quickly becoming the worst of the pack. He is getting almost unbearable. .

It's amazing how few of them can actually analyse a game as it's unfolding and point out different teams tactics.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Roach is quickly becoming the worst of the pack. He is getting almost unbearable. .

It's amazing how few of them can actually analyse a game as it's unfolding and point out different teams tactics.
The front rowers are going forward

Fox have got to Ch 9 cricket proportions of too many on the couch and too many in the booth/on the sideline.

1 caller, 1 tactician, 1 colour/sideline clown. There's your recipe for success.

Then again, you have to create jobs for all these blokes post-football so they can earn their TPAs. In the old days, they were just kicking coaches and waterboys for a few years after they retired.

mongoose

Coach
Phil Gould has the potential to be the best commentator and analyzer of any sport in the country but his constant negativity and crappy banter with Rabs makes him one of the worst. He is too sydney centric as well and rarely gives non sydney teams any credit when they win.

Latest posts