What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
the NRL said they were rorting the cap when Ricky was coach and got the spoon
That's more an indictment on your club than Ricky's coaching lol.

Rort the cap before Stuart
Ricky head coach for 6 months
Keep rorting the cap after Stuart leaves
So obsessed with rorting the cap that you sign Michael Jennings while under investigation

Get busted, team goes to shit. Its all Rickys fault! :cry:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yep, things were just rosey at Parramatta before Ricky got there. Everything bad that's ever happened at the Eels is because of the 1 season he had there.

Apey

Staff member
So what you're saying is that in 5 games we've won as many games as your club has in the last 29?
Cool

Yeah we're not this geniused about our place though

We hold the ball, we win the comp. That's all Ricky has to get these guys to do.

The only thing that can beat Canberra is Canberra....and maybe Melbourne. I am confident we can beat any other team in the comp. Like someone else said, we hold the ball, we win the comp.

Paullyboy

Coach
He was the coach FFS. Who do we blame - the ballboys?

Your club has been a basketcase for the best part of 30 years. You just look to blame whoever is convenient. It's why your club is a perennial cellar dweller, that attitude never results in success.

ed-grimley

Bench
Your club has been a basketcase for the best part of 30 years. You just look to blame whoever is convenient. It's why your club is a perennial cellar dweller, that attitude never results in success.
I was unfair criticising Ricky - he just became part of the overall problem at Parra.
Good luck this year - you'll need plenty. Canberra are a rabble - a talented one - but still a rabble.

Paullyboy

Coach
I was unfair criticising Ricky - he just became part of the overall problem at Parra.
Good luck this year - you'll need plenty. Canberra are a rabble - a talented one - but still a rabble.
Are you talking about the way the club is run, or the current playing roster? You seem to have blurred the line between the two.

The Eels are in a two-horse race with Manly for the most dysfunctional board in the country (I'm not just talking about sporting clubs here by the way).

wibble

Bench

I agreed with most the sentiments of the author.

I also really enjoyed his interview on "League Life".

I didn't think he was terrible for us, but obviously he had a bad run and had to go (Though let's face it, Sharks are right up there with Raiders and Eels in the last 15 years in terms of difficulty to coach, perceived board and cultural issues, and trouble attracting players. He didn't always have a cruisy coaching job)

Before this article, one thing I was impressed with was that Stuart made us a great "grinding" team, something we are still known as (but now it is seen as a positive).

But with the Raiders, he has done none of that (you could argue the Raiders are one of the least grinding teams, and it actually hurts them sometimes against grinders), and that shows he is prepared to work with the squad he has, and tries to get the best from it.

By the way, I have seen a few of the interviews on "League Life", and maybe I'm just getting sappy in my old age, but I have found them all excellent, as well as quite emotional. I hope they keep it up.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Needs to have a word with his halves. Go missing or run the wrong play far too often.

We lose momentum when boyd and paulo go off together

Too many dummies.

Blokes like Hodgson and BJ act like they've already made the finals

A lot of work to do for the angry ant.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've come to the conclusion that Ricky isn't interested in winning the comp, he just wants to get paid the big bucks.

Latest posts