What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kit clashing

Paullyboy

Coach
Que?

"If it makes a profit, it's not worthwhile"

JFC

If it's making a minimal profit for the sake of selling our souls, then I stand by my point.

Honestly, how many kids are you expecting to see running around in an IronFist jersey? The Hulk one was kind of cool, it fit the colour scheme and was a character everyone knows - but now they're just scraping the barrel and dragging down the credibility of teams in the process.

I can't see how they'd make anything more than about a grand in profit from these jersey sales - and I think that's being generous. For the sake of a grand, I'd much rather teams kept their identity.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If it's making a minimal profit for the sake of selling our souls, then I stand by my point.

Honestly, how many kids are you expecting to see running around in an IronFist jersey? The Hulk one was kind of cool, it fit the colour scheme and was a character everyone knows - but now they're just scraping the barrel and dragging down the credibility of teams in the process.

I can't see how they'd make anything more than about a grand in profit from these jersey sales - and I think that's being generous. For the sake of a grand, I'd much rather teams kept their identity.
You're basically saying because you're not aware of something or interested in something that nobody else should be.

That's ludicrous.

LineBall

Juniors
I was watching some highlights of Cliffy Lyons recently, and what struck me was how easy it was to identify which teams were playing. Glance at any game now and it takes a few seconds to work out who's who. I don't like teams diluting their identity, whether it be Marvel Jersey's, away jersey's etc.

hrundi99

First Grade

What a load of tripe.

RockWheel

Bench
I was watching some highlights of Cliffy Lyons recently, and what struck me was how easy it was to identify which teams were playing. Glance at any game now and it takes a few seconds to work out who's who. I don't like teams diluting their identity, whether it be Marvel Jersey's, away jersey's etc.
Any game?

Timmah

Staff member
Actually, more teams are wearing traditional, recognisable jerseys now than previously.

LineBall

Juniors
Actually, more teams are wearing traditional, recognisable jerseys now than previously.

Last round, the Broncos(A), Roosters(H), Manly(A), Sharks(H), Knights(A), Raiders(H), Panthers(A), Storm(H) Titans(A), Dragons(A) and Tigers(H) all wore a jersey that wasn't their main or home jersey. Five of those teams were the Home team!. With the Away teams, perhaps only the Panthers could justify having an alternate against the Storm (if they would have worn their normal home jersey).

Paullyboy

Coach
You're basically saying because you're not aware of something or interested in something that nobody else should be.

That's ludicrous.
Comprehension is a real issue for you I'm discovering.

I've said that unless it's making a considerable amount of money, we are selling our souls for less than they are worth. And the point about the characters is that if people don't know who they are, they'll sell less.

You've missed the point in 2 different threads now, I might be better off leaving you to play with the trolls...

hrundi99

First Grade
Why? Because you personally like Marvel stuff?

It's not making a minimal profit. There have been plenty of people in the crowds over the last few weeks wearing IF jerseys, and lastly, Iron Fist is known to anyone who watches Netflix, which is more and more people.

As the other poster said you're burying your head in the sand.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Last round, the Broncos(A), Roosters(H), Manly(A), Sharks(H), Knights(A), Raiders(H), Panthers(A), Storm(H) Titans(A), Dragons(A) and Tigers(H) all wore a jersey that wasn't their main or home jersey. Five of those teams were the Home team!. With the Away teams, perhaps only the Panthers could justify having an alternate against the Storm (if they would have worn their normal home jersey).

Sharks were wearing their original jersey when they started the comp to celebrate their 50th anniversary so I think that's a good excuse yeah?

LineBall

Juniors
Sharks were wearing their original jersey when they started the comp to celebrate their 50th anniversary so I think that's a good excuse yeah?

Absolutely fine. The problem is clubs seem to find other "excuses " to have an alternate or 1 off jersey too easily.

Timmah

Staff member
Not sure how one round which still had teams wearing marvel kits is a good sample size but whatever you reckon...

The point I was trying to make, your recency bias aside, is that most clubs generally do wear traditional jerseys the bulk of the time. Off the top of my head Canterbury, Dragons and Cronulla all wear their 'main' or 'home' kit as you'd call it in 75%+ of games.

Could that rate be higher? Sure, but it's a good direction to be going in after all the wacky rubbish that was around last decade.

LineBall

Juniors
Not sure how one round which still had teams wearing marvel kits is a good sample size but whatever you reckon...

The point I was trying to make, your recency bias aside, is that most clubs generally do wear traditional jerseys the bulk of the time. Off the top of my head Canterbury, Dragons and Cronulla all wear their 'main' or 'home' kit as you'd call it in 75%+ of games.

Could that rate be higher? Sure, but it's a good direction to be going in after all the wacky rubbish that was around last decade.

Alternate jersey's so far:

Round 1. Canterbury(H), Roosters(A), Penrith (A), Newcaste(A), Parramatta(A).
Round 2. Melbourne(A), Nth QLD(A), Gold Coast(A), Wests(H), Parramatta(A).
Round 3. Brisbane(A), Roosters(A), Wests(A), Manly(A), Parramatta(A)
Round 4. Newcastle(A), Brisbane(H), Canberra(A), Manly(H), Nth QLD(A), Wests(H), Melbourne(A), Dragons(H), Warriors(A),

Heading in the right direction, but still a long way to go.

Timmah

Staff member
5/16 isn't a bad strike rate, I don't see what the complaint is. We are never ever going back to an era where each club just wears one jersey.

LineBall

Juniors
5/16 isn't a bad strike rate, I don't see what the complaint is. We are never ever going back to an era where each club just wears one jersey.

One jersey, no. Having an alternate to be used only when teams have very similar colours? Ideally yes, currently no.