What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
As others on here have said, if we miss out on Bird we should try to get Widdop instead. The Dragons will struggle to keep him imo because they're paying over $1m to Ben Hunt and may not be able to afford another player on similar coin and so far this season Widdop has been one of the best halves in the comp so will expect that sort of money to stay.

Noname36

First Grade
So after all the criticism from some of their supporters now the Sharks are going to pay around a million a season for a centre?

LOL.

Spot On

Coach
Giddy up! Love to see a NSWelshman be the top earner at the Broncos.

So that'll be Milfasaurus, Darius Bennett and Tweety Bird all on at least a million each a season. Sounds doable.

Pythian might be a half prospect for us. He's a long way of playing and his future depends on how he recovers.
Advantage is we won't have to pay him much. No other clubs will want him.
Disadvantage is we'd need to contract him again while injured.

Spot On

Coach
Like a Sydney auction....

f**k it, let's offer 3.6 mill over 3 yrs just to see what Wayne's really got. If he fails to put his hand up again, we simply renege. Let's see if we can't help get 4 million out of the Broncs for Jacky Boy.

May as well have some fun with it.

Poor Corey Parker - origin, test and the Broncs best player took 250K a year. He must be effing furious watching this money suddenly appear at his old club after only a few months into retirement???

K-Man

Bench
Yeah, well that just kinda makes you want to give up completely. Our spine consists of 3 rookies and Hodkinson, and the Broncos can outbid us to add Bird to Darius, Milf and McCullough. Plus all those rep forwards and Roberts.

What's the point of us even trying to sign quality...

K-Man

Bench
Seems like we're basically out of the race now. That all happened rather quickly from when we were shoe-ins two days ago.

Back to the drawing board then i.e. the far less talented rookie spine players we already have.

perverse

Referee

PhilGould

Bench
Chris Garry (most reliable Broncos reporter IMO) said just yesterday that Brisbane's offer is less than what both us and Cronulla are offering. As far as I can tell this $3.6m over 3 years figure has come from a vague Triple M article that doesn't even allude to a possible source, it just says 'it's understood to be $3.6m'. Wayne is notorious for not overpaying players, something tells me he's not going to give an unproven fullback/half $1.2m per year when he's currently haggling with Milford over $800k.

This whole thing reeks of BS. I'm almost certain it's Bird's management trying to squeeze a few extra dollars out of us and Cronulla.

perverse

Referee
Chris Garry (most reliable Broncos reporter IMO) said just yesterday that Brisbane's offer is less than what both us and Cronulla are offering. As far as I can tell this $3.6m over 3 years figure has come from a vague Triple M article that doesn't even allude to a possible source, it just says 'it's understood to be $3.6m'. Wayne is notorious for not overpaying players, something tells me he's not going to give an unproven fullback/half $1.2m per year when he's currently haggling with Milford over $800k.

This whole thing reeks of BS. I'm almost certain it's Bird's management trying to squeeze a few extra dollars out of us and Cronulla.
Yeah, it seems unfathomable to me. Wouldn't surprise me if it's Birds management drumming up business. Still, we probably won't get him.

K-Man

Bench
I think I got more excited about this one than I should have. It was the feeling it was a bit of a perfect storm recruitment wise - the Mooney Sharks connection, Ponga already over the line, offering him his preferred position, lots of cash to make it happen, Brown at least looks like he has a plan unlike previous coaches we've had throwing money around. It felt right for once.

But nope. The nice things and the not having them and all that... what was I thinking?

K-Man

Bench

Hopefully you're right. Even so, it's starting to appear like it won't be us anyway and he might actually stay at the Sharks. That would definitely be a better result than him going to the Broncos though.

We need the halves that are off contract to go to other teams with off-contract halves to worry about, so the merry-go-round keeps going and maybe someone lands at our feet. If Bird ends up at Brisbane he fits right in and nobody makes way. Like Moses going to Parra, fits right in and Gutherson goes to the outside backs or depth.

Somebody has to be squeezed out somewhere that's worth us looking at. Maybe. What are the Dogs going to do about the fact Frawley is their best playmaker but they've got Mbye and Reynolds to deal with? Surely Reynolds is the one to make way, possibly to the Sharks from media talk, and then the Sharks have yet another spine player in Bird's way.

It's chaos.

K-Man

Bench
Go back in hard for Maloney. His clutch play has won the Sharks the match 2 weeks running.

First choice. But I highly doubt a winner like Maloney would come to us at this point in his career. He'd be after more premierships I reckon. And he knows he's elite level now.

Latest posts