What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

skeepe

Immortal
Good to see Leilua wasn't charged, surprised Roache got off for his spear tackle though.

And no suspension for Bodene Thompson is ridiculously light. He attacked a defenceless player with a deliberate elbow to the head. Yet a shoulder charge where a player just braced for contact is 2 weeks. Surely that's something that we want to rub out of the game?

Clifferd

Coach
Good to see Leilua wasn't charged, surprised Roache got off for his spear tackle though.

And no suspension for Bodene Thompson is ridiculously light. He attacked a defenceless player with a deliberate elbow to the head. Yet a shoulder charge where a player just braced for contact is 2 weeks. Surely that's something that we want to rub out of the game?

Lol win quite convincingly yet still something to complain about. Never change

Try losing with about 3 tough calls going against you that cost you the game no doubt like we did

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I do agree with the gist of skeepes post though. I really dont think a grade 1 shoulder charge should carry a 200 point base load.

Would anyone be happy if they had a player wiped out for that tackle just before the grand final. It really is a nothing sort of hit.

Basically id have it so a grade 1 shoulder charge (ie no contact with the head, not late, not malicious) was a fine at most. The nrl also lets players shoulder charge in certain places. They are a lot more tolerant if a player is defending his goal line.

yobbo84

First Grade
The ridiculousness of the Shoulder Charge rule is that they set high base point levels for each grading back when shoulder charges were only for contact with the head (which was fair enough) - now that they are charging everything they should be adjusted accordingly.

There was nothing wrong with shoulder charge to the body = penalty on the field, and shoulder charge to the head = charged at judiciary. But like everything with the NRL they ruined it.

nick87

Coach
I think they got it absolutely right with Bodene Thompson. But agree the Shoulder Charge penalties are a little excessive.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just use your arms and you don't have a problem. Over players whinging. They should know the rules by now.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Haha you would be so butthurt if Brisbane had a player wiped out for a grand final on such a nothing hit.

Lots of things are illegal. Mistakes happen. Grade 1 careless high tackles are only a fine. Burgess hit was more careless than reckless and it's silly to suspend a guy over a nothing hit. How does it help the game ?

The NRL suits f**ked up massively with their fake shoulder charge report and ridiculous ban and have been smashed over it from almost all players and former players so they respond by going completely over the top on it. That's what happens when you have an admin that doesn't understand or even like the sport but sill has a massive ego to feed.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Haha you would be so butthurt if Brisbane had a player wiped out for a grand final on such a nothing hit.

Lots of things are illegal. Mistakes happen. Grade 1 careless high tackles are only a fine. Burgess hit was more careless than reckless and it's silly to suspend a guy over a nothing hit. How does it help the game ?

No I wouldn't. I'd say the same thing. Don't care if it's a Brisbane player or another player. Use your arms, it really isn't rocket surgery here.

I don't miss the shoulder charge anyway, the game is still played hard without it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
No I wouldn't. I'd say the same thing. Don't care if it's a Brisbane player or another player. Use your arms, it really isn't rocket surgery here.

I don't miss the shoulder charge anyway, the game is still played hard without it.

Bullshit mate. It would be a crime if a player missed the grand final for the burgess hit. You would be pissed off and rightfully so.

Nobody is saying make the shoulder charge legal in this argument. What im saying is that its ridiculous a grade 1 shoulder charge has a base loading of 200 points. A grade 1 careless high tackle is a fine. Why is a careless hit to the noggin a fine where a shoulder charge with no contact to the head 2 weeks ? Why is a fullback using his shoulder to defend his goalline normally let go (see jack wighton on semi a couple of weeks ago) but what burgess did worth rubbing out for two weeks.

I feel that the burgess hit should be a penalty on the field and at most a fine

Pete Cash

Post Whore
A grade 1 dangerous throw is worth 100 points

A grade 1 shoulder charge is worth 200 points

Can anyone argue with a straight face that these loadings make sense ? The potential for risk in a dangerous throw is much higher than a shoulder charge. The nrl bizarrely thinks a shoulder charge is worse than a dangerous throw

Nice Beaver

First Grade

More importantly - who are these people doing surgery on rockets???

Latest posts