What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Hooper Next immortal.......

The_Shield

Juniors
The immortals has been around for 35 years just disposing what's been a treasured Rugby League relic because you think it's 'stupid' is not good enough reason.
It's stupid because there are a lot of players that deserve that kind of recognition but are never gunna be immortals. Guys like Webcke, Lazarus, Menzies etc all deserve to be hall of famers, but will probley never be immortals. Just because it's been around for a while doesn't make it a treasured relic, it's a made up award from a magazine

jk13

First Grade
Cam never tackled a night club owner or spent devious nights at wendels

davi

Juniors
Provan deserves it he won 10 premierships with St George...Which other player has done that.

Provan was before my time and I never saw him play, so I can't say if he deserves to be there or not. But I do know that he was considered on four occasions and all occasions they decided against it. Does Provan deserve to be there, for those who suggest 'it's his turn' or to do it for sentimental reasons is not a good enough reason. But like said he was before my time, so I can't argue with you.

Valheru

Coach
I hope Lockyer is bypassed, the tears of Brisbane fans will be delicious.

On a serious note, his name is always bandied about but no one has been able to tell me why he is a better candidate than Brad Fittler unless they want 1 per 'generation' and Johns is that man for Fittler's generation?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The Lockyers,Thurstons and Smiths only started winning Origin series when Andrew Johns and Brad Fitler retired.

Those 3 scrubs couldn't beat proper NSW teams,had to wait until Johns and Fitler retired to beat up some donkey NSW teams.

Andrew Johns and Brad Fitler way better than those 3 overrated Queenslanders

adamkungl

Immortal
I hope Lockyer is bypassed, the tears of Brisbane fans will be delicious.

On a serious note, his name is always bandied about but no one has been able to tell me why he is a better candidate than Brad Fittler unless they want 1 per 'generation' and Johns is that man for Fittler's generation?

Yep... Fittler achieved everything possible in the game. As good as anyone in the last 30 years

JJ

Immortal
It's stupid because there are a lot of players that deserve that kind of recognition but are never gunna be immortals. Guys like Webcke, Lazarus, Menzies etc all deserve to be hall of famers, but will probley never be immortals. Just because it's been around for a while doesn't make it a treasured relic, it's a made up award from a magazine
Lazarus should be neck deep in the debate IMO - he won everywhere he went, literally - not a coincidence

but yeah it's a dumb concept, Hall of Fame a much better notion

davi

Juniors

Fair point, the Props are particularly getting overlooked. The only Prop that has been awarded a immortal is Arthur Beatson. Thats it.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I refuse to take the immortal concept serious when you have biased judges like Rothfield on the panel.

Latest posts