What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

I wasn't to keen on BJ aswell because of his defence last year against Manly - which was totally disgraceful but he hasn't been as bad since. I think he's worth a shot but id make a final call after this weekend since they're playing Manly again. Let's see if he can handle Trbojevic flying down that edge.

Clifferd

Coach
I reckon Daley has given BJ the heads up that they are strongly considering him for origin and therefore his defense will improve dramatically

davi

Juniors
Enter Mitchell Pearce in a sky blue jersey.

According to Gus Gould on the podcast, he's tipping they will stick with the side that got them the job done in game 3 last year. A Maloney/Moylan combo would seem more likely. However Gus works for Penrith so take it with a grain of salt.

adamkungl

Immortal
What formline is anyone who wants Hayne picked using to justify his selection.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

On that note, Panthers players have neither, except for Wallace. The other pretenders shouldn't get near a shirt. Merrin Tamou Peachey Moylan, all soft merkins.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

On that note, Panthers players have neither, except for Wallace. The other pretenders shouldn't get near a shirt. Merrin Tamou Peachey Moylan, all soft merkins.

I'd give Moylan a go, he played really well in his last game. Idk about Hayne and I'm his biggest fan.

fourplay

Juniors
If merrin doesn't get his shit together soon then Josh Jackson back in.

Why would you have Jackson over Jake Trbojevic at 13? Jackson doesn't even play as a middle forward, and is no way near the level of Trbojevic's defensive skill, running game or general all around skill level.

big hit!

Bench
None. It's a David strategy.
QLD have the better team, especially in key positions. NSW best hope is to put as many absolute game changers in the side as they can. Hayne is one of few guys who has proven at his best he can win a series.

NSW Backline should be this imo:
1. Tedesco
2. Turbo
3. Bird
4. Leulia
5. Hayne

as long as the halves can catch and f**king pass, that backline is going to up 20.

BJ & Bird both right centres. jennings will get the left centre spot, and frankly, he can also turn a game on its head.

otherwise, yes it is farkin lethal - as long as daley doesn't select the same old ploods, plodou & plodson in the forwards.

Life's Good

Coach
I am firmly in the camp of NSW needing to attack. F*ck this defensive mentality of trying not to lose and playing to systems/structures BS. The likes of Canberra, Sharks and dare I say it, us this year, have shown that playing what's in front of you works. With players like BJ, Bird, Tedesco, TT running off a generally better NSW pack the points are there if Daley throws caution to the wind and lets the boys play.

TheFrog

Coach
The likes of Canberra, Sharks and dare I say it, us this year, have shown that playing what's in front of you works.
The trouble with singling out the teams that are going the best at the moment (and presumably filling the NSW team with their players), is that they might not still be going the best in a month or two months. This happens year in and year out.

nick87

Coach
I am firmly in the camp of NSW needing to attack. F*ck this defensive mentality of trying not to lose and playing to systems/structures BS. The likes of Canberra, Sharks and dare I say it, us this year, have shown that playing what's in front of you works. With players like BJ, Bird, Tedesco, TT running off a generally better NSW pack the points are there if Daley throws caution to the wind and lets the boys play.

Yep. As i keep saying, NSW have tried for a decade to out grind QLD and failed miserable.
Pick a team that can drop 30, and see if QLD can win a shoot out. Maybe they can, and NSW will lose again but at least you're trying something different

NSW is redefining insanity otherwise.

Life's Good

Coach
The trouble with singling out the teams that are going the best at the moment (and presumably filling the NSW team with their players), is that they might not still be going the best in a month or two months. This happens year in and year out.
I hear what you are saying but the likes of Teddy & TT have been in form despite how their respective teams are travelling. Add BJ, Bird, Croker etc and for the first time in a while NSW have some backs that are strong in the area that we have lacked - genuine strike & points. My opinion anyway.

Life's Good

Coach
Yep. As i keep saying, NSW have tried for a decade to out grind QLD and failed miserable.
Pick a team that can drop 30, and see if QLD can win a shoot out. Maybe they can, and NSW will lose again but at least you're trying something different

Yep. With you on this one.

TheFrog

Coach
According to Gus Gould on the podcast, he's tipping they will stick with the side that got them the job done in game 3 last year. A Maloney/Moylan combo would seem more likely. However Gus works for Penrith so take it with a grain of salt.
Gus is just another onlooker like the rest of us and has no inside information. He's relying on the manner in which Daley has chosen his teams previously, which has not been to make wholesale changes and not to change a winning side unduly. Maloney of course is a certain selection. Daley has probably made up his mind already between Moylan and Pearce (and possibly Reynolds), but you'd have to think Matt needs a couple of dominant games very soon otherwise he's going to be under pressure from the get go, if Daley does go his way.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach

Nah mate let's pick 17 Josh Jackson's and try to play the most boring style of football imaginable that's Lozza's big plan.

image.jpg

Latest posts