What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

possm

Coach
One wonders if the Dragons would have made a play for Bird now we understand that Widdop is returning to Melbourne.

We have an uncertain mess at the Dragons.

TruSaint

Referee
And when Bennett says your playing centre?

Thats where he will play.
Like when Mundine went and won a comp with the Broncos. Left us as a 6 and played at 3.
Bird is an overpriced centre. Good luck to him for taking the $$$, but it wont be easy street under Wayne.

Crush

Coach
One wonders if the Dragons would have made a play for Bird now we understand that Widdop is returning to Melbourne.

We have an uncertain mess at the Dragons.
Geez I wonder if other clubs fans are like this too???
"We have an uncertain mess"
What do tigers have then?
Knights?
Manly?
I mean every club has players going, others coming. Its just the nature of the game mate.
We are looking very good Possm!
We have a forward pack.
We have one of the comps best halfbacks coming.
If Widdop leaves it will not be ideal but we will find a replacement.
Its not all doom and gloom.
Be positive mate!
If you cannot be positive about the future from here then I would hate to imagine how you would be if McInnes turned out to be a lemon, Vaughan was a plodder, Widdop was still in 2016 form kicking the ball into opposition players legs and Lafai was still playing like the tin man from wizard of Oz!!!!

We are in a good place. Even if Widdop and Dugan leave! Hopefully it doesn't come to that though......

possm

Coach
Like when Mundine went and won a comp with the Broncos. Left us as a 6 and played at 3.
Bird is an overpriced centre. Good luck to him for taking the $$$, but it wont be easy street under Wayne.
Just look at the Broncos line up, how can they be under the cap? It's a joke and if Doust had any balls he would register a protest.

getsmarty

Immortal
Just look at the Broncos line up, how can they be under the cap? It's a joke and if Doust had any balls he would register a protest.

Well if the Bulldogs get Woods/Foran/ and then possibly Cronk...Questions need to be asked. Beyond a joke.

possm

Coach
Well if the Bulldogs get Woods/Foran/ and then possibly Cronk...Questions need to be asked. Beyond a joke.
And it should be up to Doust to lodge an official protest but he never does. Why doesn't Doust lodge a protest publically? Maybe the NRL are covering for his incompetence and because of this, he is reluctant.

getsmarty

Immortal
And it should be up to Doust to lodge an official protest but he never does. Why doesn't Doust lodge a protest publically? Maybe the NRL are covering for his incompetence and because of this, he is reluctant.

I Think a majority of the Ceo's should complain. The clubs that are struggling Titans/Newcastle are owned by the NRL so probably have little say.Tigers/Manly/Saints/Penrith/ should all be making some noise if this eventuates. It is clearly not an equal playing field for all sides in the Comp. Teams like Bulldogs/Broncos/Roosters never seem to struggle to keep the players they want and then inevitably are able to always recruit the Marquee players when other sides miss out.

TruSaint

Referee
I Think a majority of the Ceo's should complain. The clubs that are struggling Titans/Newcastle are owned by the NRL so probably have little say.Tigers/Manly/Saints/Penrith/ should all be making some noise if this eventuates. It is clearly not an equal playing field for all sides in the Comp. Teams like Bulldogs/Broncos/Roosters never seem to struggle to keep the players they want and then inevitably are able to always recruit the Marquee players when other sides miss out.

Getsmarty / passm u know the answer will be " TPA's", even though bling Freddy can see they are rorting the system.

I dont know the answer but its the same clubs that get their players, year in year out, if they want them.

possm

Coach
Yes most CEOs should be a party to a petition or complaint. But we don't have access to most of them, we have access to Doust. He should get the other CEOs to sign onto a petition and vote/support him bring about change.

This goes to the heart of a viable salary cap.

possm

Coach
Maybe he will just accept Bennett's decision since he is on a life changing salary of close on 1m p/a.

BennyV

Referee
Because next time we go to NRL to help cover our debts, they will laugh and tell us to bugger off?

possm

Coach
Widdop ain't going anywhere mate, just spoke to him on skype from North Beach :)
Could you please speak to him again on skype and tell him Possm wants him to stay at the Dragons. Millward has the money but he's a miser. JUST DEMAND A CONTRACT AT 850K and you'll get it. No need to sell up house and move.

ALSGI

Bench
Could you please speak to him again on skype and tell him Possm wants him to stay at the Dragons. Millward has the money but he's a miser. JUST DEMAND A CONTRACT AT 850K and you'll get it. No need to sell up house and move.
Hahaha, lol possm.
What sort of TPA you offering mate, happy to step up as Third Party Arsehole
If required.

hazzbeen

Bench
Getsmarty / passm u know the answer will be " TPA's", even though bling Freddy can see they are rorting the system.

I dont know the answer but its the same clubs that get their players, year in year out, if they want them.
Tru maybe we should smarten up and follow or we will be left behind ....

possm

Coach
Yes I know, all we need is for someone to dig and publicise this scam and things would become even again.

Publicise the salary cap
Publicise the TPAs

And let the questions be answered.

Latest posts