What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Respect goes both ways.

When the NRL starts treating all clubs equally, Im tipping all clubs will be a lot more enthusiastic about assissting the NRL.

If I were a club CEO or owner, I wouldn't trust HQ to be unbiased, fair or impartial in any decisions they took on behalf of the game.

How are they not treating them equally? The clubs are selfish money pits. Simple. They only care about themselves and that is it. Everything they do is to benefit them individually. They don't care about the Nrl as a whole.

As a CEO of a club you have to be biased to your club or you wouldn't last. If I was CEO of the Nrl I wouldn't trust the clubs as far as I could throw them.

mave

Coach
How are they not treating them equally? The clubs are selfish money pits. Simple. They only care about themselves and that is it. Everything they do is to benefit them individually. They don't care about the Nrl as a whole.

As a CEO of a club you have to be biased to your club or you wouldn't last. If I was CEO of the Nrl I wouldn't trust the clubs as far as I could throw them.

Anthony Watmough and Parra say hello...
Isreal Falou and Parra say hello....

The list of inconsistent rulings is literally endless

Valheru

Coach
This is the only week of the season where there should be a Monday night game and what do the NRL do, not schedule one.

The Canberra game would be the perfect one as well. A lot of people won't work Monday to make it a long weekend, Canberra traditionally embraced Monday night footy and the next day is a day off! Add to that, they could kick start ANZAC celebrations early with the game being in the nations capital and maybe start a tradition of the ANZAC eve game being down there annually.

user_nat

Coach
Would be nice if they made an effort to share the Anzac round games around a little. 5 games in Sydney seems a little excessive.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Anthony Watmough and Parra say hello...
Isreal Falou and Parra say hello....

The list of inconsistent rulings is literally endless

Let parra know I said hello! Haha are you seriously using parra as a example?? The same team that broke the salary cap in 2013 without getting falou? I'm glad the nrl was incompetent. The same team that forced watmough to retire to try and fit under the cap? Then the insurance company denied him a payout? Another club showing how amazing their boardroom dealings are? Nice example

mave

Coach
Let parra know I said hello! Haha are you seriously using parra as a example?? The same team that broke the salary cap in 2013 without getting falou? I'm glad the nrl was incompetent. The same team that forced watmough to retire to try and fit under the cap? Then the insurance company denied him a payout? Another club showing how amazing their boardroom dealings are? Nice example

Whoosh....straight over your head....the point is not Parramatta per se`.

Whatmough gets let go with cap concessions from the NRL immediately so Parra get under the cap....NRL STILL deciding on the same about Matai for Manly after months of deliberation.

Parra cant have Falou cause the NRL decide Parra cant just pay him unders for the first few years and back load the contract, but were happy to have Lockyer on the books for a paltry $250 k per year and happy to see Gasnier back on a heavily front loaded deal (who also happened to retire after a season or so).

Inconsistency of what the NRL let clubs get away with and how they adjudicate on them is the theme...and the examples are endless

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Whoosh....straight over your head....the point is not Parramatta per se`.

Whatmough gets let go with cap concessions from the NRL immediately so Parra get under the cap....NRL STILL deciding on the same about Matai for Manly after months of deliberation.

Parra cant have Falou cause the NRL decide Parra cant just pay him unders for the first few years and back load the contract, but were happy to have Lockyer on the books for a paltry $250 k per year and happy to see Gasnier back on a heavily front loaded deal (who also happened to retire after a season or so).

Inconsistency of what the NRL let clubs get away with and how they adjudicate on them is the theme...and the examples are endless

Your point is not parra per se but you still use parra as an example? Hmmm

Whatmough wasn't let go immediately at all. He was injuried and wasn't playing anyway. Due diligence should of been done with falou as well. Parra was doing the dodgy and the nrl caught wind of it and force conditions on parra to show equality across the comp and not show favoritism. If they couldn't stay salary cap compliant in 2013-2016 how would they of with falou? We can agree to disagree. Endless you reckon? You had to go back to 2010 to use an example. I guess back in 1974 joe blow signed with blah blah blah blah. If you think the clubs are in the right and the nrl are showing favoritism you need to get your head out of the news ltd papers.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Anyway, about these amazing crowds this weekend. 5 games in Sydney is probably a bit too much but Townsville, Canberra and Melbourne all get a run. Brisbane game would of helped numbers though.

jc155776

Coach
Sharks game should be an alright crowd. Most seating areas single seat only when trying to book.

Decent weather might crack 14k which is good for a Titans game as they won't have supporters there.

T-Boon

Coach

This is so true.
Whats worse is the clubs totally lack self awareness about how slow they are on things (membership etc)
They are great at surviving not good at thriving.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I am actually not having a shot here Dave, but grid lock in Canberra? That actually happens?

Every time I go there for work, I have never seen it.

it doesn't last long ... an hour
from 8.15 to 9.15
5.15 to 6.15
but its pretty heavy ... like Northbourne is a car park

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
and parksway east bound in the morning & west bound in the evening can be bumper to bumper for up to 5K's

lol
its not Sydney
but it happens

mave

Coach
Yes Canberra traffic can be pretty pitiful at times.
Spent 5 years at Chisholm and the parkway and Monaro could be a nightmare getting home.

F3 runs better tbh, unless there is an accident.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gus having a whinge about the fixture this weekend, might be better spending his time working on out getting more than 14k along to a Penrith game I'd suggest?

Speaking on the Six Tackles with Gus podcast on Nine's wwos.nine.com.au website, Gould fired a broadside at the NRL's scheduling of the marquee clash.

"They're only playing each other once this year and it's at ANZ Stadium, Homebush, at 3pm on a Saturday when junior league is being played all over western Sydney," Gould said.
"Could you pick a worse time to pick a game between the western Sydney derby? And why haven't Penrith got Parramatta at Penrith this year? Why don't those two teams they play each other twice?

"They talk about western Sydney strategy but they've got no respect for the west whatsoever; you couldn't stuff it up more if you tried."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eels-scheduling-stuff-up-20170419-gvnrd7.html

He's got a point.

Why would Penny only play Parra once? Seems like a no brainer they'd play twice every year.

Maybe it's so they can play a f**king trial game at Penrith in the pre-season, because that's what the game needs.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Parramatta is Penrith's highest drawing crowd each year. A huge mistake by the NRL for these teams not to meet twice this year.

Raiderdave

First Grade
its ridiculous that Parramatta & Penrith are only playing each other once in 2017

there should be some consideration given to zoning the comp to ensure .. derbies ... always take place twice a year.

Western
Parramatta
Penrith
Bulldogs
Tigers

Southern
Dragons
Souths
Sharks
Roosters

Northern
Broncos
Titans
Cowboys
Storm

Eastern
Manly
Newcastle
Canberra
Warriors

you get the other 3 sides in your zone every year , plus 9 others from the other zones
you should never miss out on playing your historical & geographical neighbours
its a no brainer