What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop or Dugan? and who replaces them?

Old Timer

Coach
Where did I say that I want them to go? They're both playing great at the moment but they played shithouse last year as did the whole team and now they've strung a few wins together they think they're top shit. Our forward pack is what's winning us games because forward packs always win games. Backs simple decide the margin. If they go anywhere else except Melbourne and maybe the Roosters, they'll go backwards.
By any normal logic it is obvious that if you think we shouldn't pay what the going rate is for the 2 players then you are happy for them to leave. You also keep bringing up the inference that last years form or the year before's form has some relevancy in the negotiation and that somehow they should discount themselves to us.

Now on the basis of your argument that forwards win games that therefore means the forwards also were responsible for all the losses last year and the backs merely accounted for the margin of the loss.
A loss is a loss so the margin had no real meaning, so anything that Dugan and Widdop did was therefore pretty much irrelevant.
So on the basis of your argument that the forwards lost all the games then what did you really expect from Dugan and Widdop? Maybe make the margin of the loss less?
For the record I would love to know how you worked out that Dugan played shit-house last year because if that's what you think I believe your judgement is completely flawed and your football knowledge extremely limited.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The unfortunate situation is that it is not only the players who have lost the plot, I think its deeper issue, the world has gone mad, property values in Australia have gone through the roof, through foreign buyers, even the average NRL player these days will struggle to afford a decent home, the average fan has no hope of ever owning a home, I think its time for the NRL to increase the Salary cap to 10 million, so then we can keep our Dugans and Widdops of the world.

1.2 billion Chinese, 10% of there population can come and buy whatever they want in this Country, sad state of Affairs I say!

Well said St Georgio
A villa near me was sold the other day for 1.75million.
I live in Connells Point it has 3 bed room 1 bathroom and a single garage. And fronts onto conells point road wich is busy road .
So what chance dose kid have.

possm

Coach
I imagine there are a lot of possible young five-eighths out there who would love a run in first grade at the Dragons. Problem is that we have already signed up a host of juniors and I'm sure Millward wants to slot them into first grade positions the next few years.

St Georgio

Juniors
Well said St Georgio
A villa near me was sold the other day for 1.75million.
I live in Connells Point it has 3 bed room 1 bathroom and a single garage. And fronts onto conells point road wich is busy road .
So what chance dose kid have.
And what does the average NRL player have in getting a home in Sydney.
How lucky were those players btw 1996 - 2005 when property values were normal, like my first home I bought in the Parramatta area for $180000,now is worth over a million.
I cannot see anything wrong with Gaz and Duges chasing the big dollars, considering dumb ass Tallis probably owns 50 houses in QLD!

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
image.jpg As Dragonsammy61 has mentioned about Cleary giving Woods and Tedesco 24 hrs. to let him know , which is a great idea IMO , perhaps the other dominoes may also fall , let's hope so . In the meantime may I suggest that we . . . . .

Bench
The NRL needs to look at the cap, is it enough. The bar had been set with Hunt and the rest of the players signed on million dollar contracts.
The rich clubs are going to get these players because of TPA. What will happen to the poorer clubs, they will end up with reserve grade players and will not be able to compete on a level playing ground

thebigredv

First Grade
Rothfield has suggested Dragons are interested in Gagai from the Knights. Yes please, I'd swap him with Dugan if it means we save a few bucks to keep Widdop or Packer, or someone else.

Gareth67

First Grade
Haven't got my specs with me mate, are you saying we should all have SEX ???

What can I say - if you like Doris Day , go rattle the gal's bones ! :)
But between you and me , she looks a hell of a lot better than my Ethel , with or without my glasses .

yassdragon

Juniors
Paul Kent just announced on Marty Johns show that Tedesco has signed woth Roosters with Woods and Foran to join the dogs. Widdop and Duges value just went up.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
f**k me what a frenzy. The player market is on steroids at the moment.
The Roosters will be an absolute powerhouse with Tedesco at fullback next season, Teddy's game will reach a whole new level with them.
No idea why the Dogs went after Woods with the forwards they have but Foran is a great pick up for them.
I do feel awful for the Tigers though, losing 3 of their 4 best players like that... They'll be in tatters.

As for this Gagai thing, where the hell did that come from?