What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

possm

Coach
I know mate... System stinks.. We are being left behind, just at a point when we are building on some cohesion and success. Irks me big time matey.
You can see it, I can see it, so why can't our Club management see it. For me it is a very frustrating thing.

We have built up a good roster, changed our style of play, no very successful 'top of the ladder', recruited a solid halfback and it looks like all turning to crap because the fools in charge have messed it all up.

TruSaint

Referee
You can see it, I can see it, so why can't our Club management see it. For me it is a very frustrating thing.

We have built up a good roster, changed our style of play, no very successful 'top of the ladder', recruited a solid halfback and it looks like all turning to crap because the fools in charge have messed it all up.

We have taken great strides in 2017 with our on field game. Some new and very talented signings, Vaughan and McInnes ... ( add Hunt for 2018 ), ... we have depth as well... I enjoy our brand of footy, our off loads , support play and energy in general if 1st class so far.

The off field issues, contracts, cap, TPA's etc are keeping us from taking the next step. These need to be addressed as it would be a shame to have gone through 5 years of so called re-building, get to this stage, only to lose key / marquee players .

NRL is party to all this indecisiveness, as they havent yet confirmed a cap. Billion dollar TV deal, and we cant get a figure to work on... Sad really.

possm

Coach
At the moment we have a great team and with Hunt coming next year it could be even greater. The problem is that we are a risk now of losing out two marquee players - the hub of our great team. It is my opinion that if we do not replace like for like, our spine will be much weaker and so it is likely our team may be less than great.

The back office rubbish should be sorted and Coyne should go back in and sort it out.

possm

Coach
Anyone know who our club has in mind to replace Widdop and/or Dugan. At one stage I had Bird to replace Widdop or Dugan. Roosters have Tedesco now, Dogs have Foran, looks like Cronk is going to retire, so which marquee player can we sign?

Crush

Coach
Anyone know who our club has in mind to replace Widdop and/or Dugan. At one stage I had Bird to replace Widdop or Dugan. Roosters have Tedesco now, Dogs have Foran, looks like Cronk is going to retire, so which marquee player can we sign?
Has there been an announcement that Widdop and Dugan are officially leaving us?

possm

Coach
Exactly Crush, honestly all this speculation, not one credible piece of info suggest they're going anywhere.
Well the Tigers have lost a fullback, five-eighth and a prop.
We have a marquee fullback, marquee five-eighth and a great prop still unsigned.

And then there is Melbourne who are looking for a five-eighth.

ALSGI

Bench
We have a marquee fullback, marquee five-eighth and a great prop still unsigned.

So are we !

Dragonslayer

First Grade

The Tigers have already signed Chris McQueen from the Titans and I can see them making a play for James Graham as they need a captain and a leader and they have a few young props coming through. They also just re-signed Nofoaluma who can play fullback and a young guy named Heleta.

I'm confident about re-signing Widdop and Packer, it's Dugan who is the difficult one to predict.

possm

Coach
The Tigers have already signed Chris McQueen from the Titans and I can see them making a play for James Graham as they need a captain and a leader and they have a few young props coming through. They also just re-signed Nofoaluma who can play fullback and a young guy named Heleta.

I'm confident about re-signing Widdop and Packer, it's Dugan who is the difficult one to predict.
Great post, all good news. Maybe we really do have a chance to extend all four Widdop, Dugan, Lafai and Packer

thebigredv

First Grade
I was going to start a 'what did Jack Bird have for breakfast' thread but I guess I will just comment in here.

He had Weet-Bix.

possm

Coach
I was going to start a 'what did Jack Bird have for breakfast' thread but I guess I will just comment in here.
What can I say ............... it wasn't shark bait that's for sure. Maybe a bit of that Broncos grass.

He had Weet-Bix.

Latest posts