What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

I'm best mates with James Packer.

How do you know I'm not telling the truth?

You could be for all we know. That said, considering James Packer is co-owner of Souths, and has no involvement with the Roosters anymore, it is highly unlikely he would know what is happening at the Roosters.

Reactions: OVP
Back to a more serious note. The rolling coverage on the Daily Telegraph's website has the following report regarding Tedesco and Woods -

TIGERS ISSUE DEADLINE FOR TEDESCO, WOODS

THE Wests Tigers will know by Friday whether they will retain NRL stars Aaron Woods and James Tedesco.

Coach Ivan Cleary said he had put a Friday deadline on the contracts offered to the duo.

Woods is believed to be in talks with Canterbury, while Tedesco has been linked with the Sydney Roosters.

"The constant speculation has led us as a club to put deadlines on the offers to James Tedesco and Aaron Woods. That’s for Friday," said Cleary. "It’s in the interest of certainly the players and all the stakeholders."

Vic Mackey

Referee
Seems woods to dogs and teddy to roosters is fait accompli

Woods I can understand but how a club with Ferguson, SKD, tupou, keary, Pearce, JWH, friend, napa, cordner etc can pay over $1mil for an incoming player I have no idea

Vic Mackey

Referee
Don't blame the Chooks mate. Blame that idiot you have got running the Club. She didn't even know who Laurie Daley was :thinking:. Teddy rang Mini asking to get out.
I agree with you that it's wrong that great juniors move on. I can hear your frustration. But that Tigers board only have themselves to blame.

I guess we will never know how it actually happened. The DT reported Tedesco phoned Mini but Mini denied that on NRL 360 so who knows who's telling porkies

yobbo84

First Grade

Woods I can understand but how a club with Ferguson, SKD, tupou, keary, Pearce, JWH, friend, napa, cordner etc can pay over $1mil for an incoming player I have no idea
I'll take Latrell Mitchell off them. GI can spend the end of his career mentoring him to take over the #1 role. Yeah, I like that. No, it won't happen.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Except Ferguson, SKD will not be at the club next season, Topou is also a good chance of leaving and Guerra and Kane Evans will also be gone. Dale Copley was on a stupid $400k for this year and next year, gone already. Their replacements will be much cheaper and the cap is going up.

Evans may be released right away, he has signed with Parramatta for 3 years. Kodi Nikorima is being shopped around.. There is an absolute clean out taking place.

Really?! The Broncos are shopping Kodi around are they? What that has to do with the Roosters is beyond me though..... :p

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Really?! The Broncos are shopping Kodi around are they? What that has to do with the Roosters is beyond me though..... :p

Woops, wrong brother, Jayden is being shopped around.. The strange one is that the Roosters are in talks with George Burgess. It appears Souths are shopping him around and Trent Robinson is interested in a replacement for Kane Evans.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
You could be for all we know. That said, considering James Packer is co-owner of Souths, and has no involvement with the Roosters anymore, it is highly unlikely he would know what is happening at the Roosters.

Lol

I was making the point that anyone can just say something as fact.

Unless they can provide proof, its bullshit.