What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Agreed.

Could do a hell of a lot worse than Tolman.

Tolman is a BA type player too. Tough as nails, gives everything he has in the tank every week, makes metres and stops merkins in defence. Plus he actually has a bit of ball playing about him.

I'd have him in a heartbeat, I really rate the guy.

Noise

Coach
With all that talent off contract they should have plenty of cap space to plug the holes in their roster.

They will but I have a feeling they are going to have to do what we did in 2011-2013. Pay massive overs for average (lussick) to below average first graders (Daniel Harrison)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hey hey hey, wait a minute. Did I see one page back that SKD was on his way to Newcastle? So its a like for like replacement....

Geez, Nathan Brown had undone some of his good work if he has agreed to take SKD. Merkin has worse hands than Matthew Wade and Peni Terepo combined!
Period!!!

Forty20

First Grade
They will but I have a feeling they are going to have to do what we did in 2011-2013. Pay massive overs for average (lussick) to below average first graders (Daniel Harrison)

It feels like that. At least they have a real coach in place instead of the likes of Anderson and Kearney. What won't help Cleary is that their ISP and NYC teams are both really weak. Still, he did fair jobs building up the Warriors and Panthers so you would back him to get something of a job done at the Tigers.

Chipmunk

Coach
Probably but if the Dogs are shopping props around he'd be a likely candidate. With Woods, Graham, and Klemmer as starting middle forwards they won't want Tolman IMO.

The impression I got was that Tolman only re-signed like last week, which is after Woods was supposed to have signed up. If they've got the cap space why would they get rid of him? You still need a min of 5 middle forwards a match.

Bazal

Post Whore
The impression I got was that Tolman only re-signed like last week, which is after Woods was supposed to have signed up. If they've got the cap space why would they get rid of him? You still need a min of 5 middle forwards a match.

He re-signed in December for 3 years. So yeah, I'd say he'd be available if a club came knocking.

Johnny88

Juniors
If you believe the rumours the Dogs are not done yet they have offered Dugan a contract. Gee they must have a big fire sale at end of season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No doubt Greenberg will publish each teams TPAs that are registered. ( as a total only ) , I mean that would explain to mere fans how certain teams can continually sign elite players invariably not losing any star power themselves

Having said that wouldn't trust him to be anywhere near sensible given his connection with the Dogs and friendship with those at the Roosters and Broncos

His statement that the cap evens out the competition is so flawed it's not funny, and we haven't even mentioned the ineffective John Grant and his willingness to open the TPA issue :grinning: Then again, when will we see the full transcript from Seward?.
Some teams are obviously spending more on players than others, but if there was no cap do you think competition would be more even or less?

Bazal

Post Whore
They will match any sane offer for JWH. He is a key leader in their squad.

That's the issue. People want us to sign these big props, JWH and Klemmer and Fifita style, but they just aren't available. You've basically gotta put in the time and money when they are juniors or settles for the next best and use three blokes who make 130m instead of one who makes 200m.

That's why I hope we look at Tolman. He regularly makes 150m plus and is capable of over 200 (did it in 4 games last season). And he plays big minutes. He's no Klemmer, but he's an outstanding player

Chipmunk

Coach
That's the issue. People want us to sign these big props, JWH and Klemmer and Fifita style, but they just aren't available. You've basically gotta put in the time and money when they are juniors or settles for the next best and use three blokes who make 130m instead of one who makes 200m.

That's why I hope we look at Tolman. He regularly makes 150m plus and is capable of over 200 (did it in 4 games last season). And he plays big minutes. He's no Klemmer, but he's an outstanding player

Only one of those three you list above played Under 20s for their current club.

Nonetheless, Tolman would be handy.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
Some teams are obviously spending more on players than others, but if there was no cap do you think competition would be more even or less?
In reality there already IS NO CAP. Its absolute bullshit all these TPAs are really 3rd party independant of the team being played for .... there would be little difference

Bazal

Post Whore
Only one of those three you list above played Under 20s for their current club.

Nonetheless, Tolman would6be handy.

Yeah that's the time and money. JWH was poached for big money, and Fifita was inconsistent and the Sharks definitely paid overs at the time....