What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons' innovations adopted by the NRL

f**k me. Fire up you sad merkin Round

Every club has bandwagon fans. Or folks who "love" the game but never go.

You can spot em easily. New shiny jerseys or artifically aged retro logo tees. Cronulla 2016 GF...yep, they fired up.

So with that in mind, inspired by Gaz's call to arms, get to a game you sad merkins. That includes Souffs fans who've been MIA since tge 2014 GF.

Prometheus

Juniors
So one of the only teams no not really change their jersey over their history is the team that started the craze of having 5+ jerseys a year...

Ironic, isn't it.

Rugby League has been played on ANZAC day since the 1920's

But the same two teams playing each other every year on ANZAC Day didn't start until 2002.

trying to say you started women in league round because of a jersey to raise funds for breast cancer is ridiculous

Well, no it isn't. It happened exactly as I wrote.

heritage round is a toss and wasn't started because of some jersey either

I didn't say it was started because of a jersey. I said it was started to honour the St George and Illawarra regions. It just included a retro-design jersey. They even used the term "heritage round" before everyone else started to do it.

Every club has bandwagon fans. Or folks who "love" the game but never go.

You can spot em easily. New shiny jerseys or artifically aged retro logo tees. Cronulla 2016 GF...yep, they fired up.

Perhaps you shouldn't make assumptions about people based on what they choose to wear. I've been a season ticket-holder for 16 years and I buy and wear shiny new jerseys each year. I also like artificially aged retro tees. In fact, most people do. That's why you can find them in just about every casual fashion retailer in the country. Because they are popular.

Wearing a new jersey doesn't make somebody a bandwagon fan and wearing your old cotton jersey, complete with 20 year-old meat pie stains and an iron-on player number half peeling off the back doesn't make your love of your team any more valid than anybody else's.

Perhaps you shouldn't make assumptions about people based on what they choose to wear. I've been a season ticket-holder for 16 years and I buy and wear shiny new jerseys each year. I also like artificially aged retro tees. In fact, most people do. That's why you can find them in just about every casual fashion retailer in the country. Because they are popular.

Wearing a new jersey doesn't make somebody a bandwagon fan and wearing your old cotton jersey, complete with 20 year-old meat pie stains and an iron-on player number half peeling off the back doesn't make your love of your team any more valid than anybody else's.

This reply is worthy of a themed round of its own.

Gosh darn you Saints fans are sooooo inspirational.

El Diablo

Post Whore
we should also have Merge Round

another Dragons invention

in Merge Round teams merge with each other instead of playing each other

To be fair to JVs, I always thought Canterbury and Bankstown were the progenitors.

And the first to have one - Canterbury - conveniently "forget" the other.