What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.41pm

Shredder

Juniors
Leigh, I read something in the papers about Mr Moses today. Apparently he is quite a large player manager and has half the broncos in his den as well.

Its funny, you dont really know who managers who until something stupid like this happens.

simmo05

Bench
Disapointed to lose tedesco, but f**k him. Dogs the raiders, now us. Hope he chokes on politis' c**k. Years gone now thanks to these grubs, stand them all down to nsw cup,moses and tedesco at prop, woods full back. Lets sit back and have a laugh!

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I just hope we are not going to help Bulldogs and Roosters out of their salary cap messes they have created by signing our players. Word is that the NRL has written to clubs warning them of spending more than has been advised for next year,

I have read Tigers will chase Reynolds now for pretty much his asking price, apart from possibly Newcastle nobody else would be looking at Reynolds at this price. I reckon if the Tigers sit on their hands for a couple of weeks regarding any potential Bulldogs or Roosters players, they may be able to get them to kick some of the coin in and get a discount as they surely will become nervous they will be over the cap next season especially if they have overestimated what the cap will be as most have.

Wouldn't that be a novel feeling, having someone else paying for someone to play for the Tigers instead of the other way around. Might be a sign we have turned a corner in some way.

stryker

First Grade
Im not too concerned....

Moses is a chocky soldier of a half. Very rarely if ever stands up under pressure. Poor defender with a silly passing game...thinks highlight reels are the measure of a good player. Every bit the rocks n diamonds player Benj was except Marshal won us many games whereas Mitch hasnt. Parra have overpaid him.

Woods has been de-evolving as a player for a couple of years now. He never takes the dirty hitups coming out of trouble and instead waits till others have started to roll. He makes good meters still but this work is negated by his ultra slow play the balls. Whoever takes the next run after Aaron usually gets belted as he allows the line to be set with his lumbering actions. As a captain he has been extraordinarily poor. Not a leader of any sort. Seems more concerned with his public profile these days also. I shudder whenever i see him on telly resplendant in his shoulder length woman's wig and hairband which has been freshly blowdried, trying to string words together into a cohereant sentence....ugly stuff.

Tedesco is high quality if slightly over rated. His running game and tackle busting strength is top echelon however his defensive positioning is still only moderate and his ball playing is sometimes hopeless. He is also a huge ballhog and is injury prone. That said he was worth keeping, but he has form in the past of disloyalty and has acted like a prick right throughout these negotiations. Im glad we didnt over pay him.

We now have a board with a spine, a no nonsense coach and millions to spend. Time to rebuild.

glockers

Juniors
My first comment in years...

Our club's cultural issues go back to the late Sheens era. I thought Potter had started to fix it, but his removal firmly set us back. The rot set in then. The mismanagement and lack of professionalism of our club has hurt us attracting and retaining players.

Also do not underestimate how much the Farah situation and to some extent the Siro situation has influenced what we have just seen. If the players see no loyalty to them then why be loyal the other way?

If Benji is cheap I see no harm in bringing him back in the centres since Idris/Chee Kam are not good options. Plus he can be a back up half. Benji may help some fans heal, it is a good pr move. Plus alot of the young guys would look up to him.

But if you want a mentor, why not bring Heighnington back.

We need a fullback, I am not sold on Dugan at big money. Why not Alex Johnstone? Slightly cheaper but a good off contract fullback with speed.

Similarly I favour McCrone at 500k then Reynolds at 850k.

Lastly. How are Bayley Sironen and Marshall-King going in the lower grades?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I hope everyone is at Leichhardt next Saturday to absolute give it to that treacherous prick, Woodsy 2192.

Has there ever been a weaker captain in the history of the sport?!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
My first comment in years...

Our club's cultural issues go back to the late Sheens era. I thought Potter had started to fix it, but his removal firmly set us back. The rot set in then. The mismanagement and lack of professionalism of our club has hurt us attracting and retaining players.

Also do not underestimate how much the Farah situation and to some extent the Siro situation has influenced what we have just seen. If the players see no loyalty to them then why be loyal the other way?

If Benji is cheap I see no harm in bringing him back in the centres since Idris/Chee Kam are not good options. Plus he can be a back up half. Benji may help some fans heal, it is a good pr move. Plus alot of the young guys would look up to him.

But if you want a mentor, why not bring Heighnington back.

We need a fullback, I am not sold on Dugan at big money. Why not Alex Johnstone? Slightly cheaper but a good off contract fullback with speed.

Similarly I favour McCrone at 500k then Reynolds at 850k.

Lastly. How are Bayley Sironen and Marshall-King going in the lower grades?
I'm giving you your first "like".

you never forget your first.

Ok I get they may be interested in signing elsewhere,but where is the common decency in letting the WT know that they wont be re-signing with the club,very unprofessional imo.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If it helps at all, I won't be signing with the Tigers for next season.

I'm officially better than Aron* Woods now..

*he doesn't deserve his 2nd 'a'

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Ok I get they may be interested in signing elsewhere,but where is the common decency in letting the WT know that they wont be re-signing with the club,very unprofessional imo.

If you can believe the Channel 10 news, they reported both Woods and Tedesco refused to comply with responding to the deadline because they were pissed their good mate Moses was not given an immediate release....petulant players trying to rule the club again.

I am so glad the coach has taken back control of the team....piss 'em off to reserves, I don't think too many fans will get annoyed at doing that.

axl rose

Bench
If you can believe the Channel 10 news, they reported both Woods and Tedesco refused to comply with responding to the deadline because they were pissed their good mate Moses was not given an immediate release.

Seriously? I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If you can believe the Channel 10 news, they reported both Woods and Tedesco refused to comply with responding to the deadline because they were pissed their good mate Moses was not given an immediate release....petulant players trying to rule the club again.

I am so glad the coach has taken back control of the team....piss 'em off to reserves, I don't think too many fans will get annoyed at doing that.

To be fair, if I played with Moses in the second half against parra last week I'd be filthy that he wasn't immediately released too

Vic Mackey

Referee
The teddy and woods things will at least be interesting. Both have really had it easy at the Tigers. Going to these high profile clubs might bring out the best in them but they might get a rude shock too. If woods puts in some of the soft cock performances we've seen (particularly if the dogs lose crowd favourites Graham and Reynolds) he will cop it mercilessly from their fans and the media. It will make Trexs pastings look tame.

Tedesco on the other hand, he might be a sensation, if he isn't sure he isn't going to cop anything from the fans, the majority won't even know who he is, however the roosters club will dump him in an instant if he doesn't play like a $1mil a year player or if he gets a serious injury and the media won't make the smallest deal about it. His precious manager holds zero weight with the media when compared to Politis. They'll simply tell him he's not wanted and buy The Turbo kid from Manly instead.

I think Moses probably has the least pressure on him as parra will always do something ridiculous to take the headlines and pressure away from his performance. Plus he isn't nearly as high profile as the other two, despite what he thinks of himself.

The zero accountability and player power at the Tigers is like nothing else seen in Professional Australian Sport, I have a sneaky suspicion these guys might be in for a bit of a shock when they hit their new clubs.

Tiger05

First Grade
Im not too concerned....

Moses is a chocky soldier of a half. Very rarely if ever stands up under pressure. Poor defender with a silly passing game...thinks highlight reels are the measure of a good player. Every bit the rocks n diamonds player Benj was except Marshal won us many games whereas Mitch hasnt. Parra have overpaid him.

Woods has been de-evolving as a player for a couple of years now. He never takes the dirty hitups coming out of trouble and instead waits till others have started to roll. He makes good meters still but this work is negated by his ultra slow play the balls. Whoever takes the next run after Aaron usually gets belted as he allows the line to be set with his lumbering actions. As a captain he has been extraordinarily poor. Not a leader of any sort. Seems more concerned with his public profile these days also. I shudder whenever i see him on telly resplendant in his shoulder length woman's wig and hairband which has been freshly blowdried, trying to string words together into a cohereant sentence....ugly stuff.

Tedesco is high quality if slightly over rated. His running game and tackle busting strength is top echelon however his defensive positioning is still only moderate and his ball playing is sometimes hopeless. He is also a huge ballhog and is injury prone. That said he was worth keeping, but he has form in the past of disloyalty and has acted like a prick right throughout these negotiations. Im glad we didnt over pay him.

We now have a board with a spine, a no nonsense coach and millions to spend. Time to rebuild.

This is pretty spot on. The club has handled this in my opinion as well as possible. The players have been complete merkins. Your assessment of them is fairly spot on but I think Teddy is the best fullback in the comp at the moment. He could though drop off at any point.

I honestly am not sure if I'm going to watch them this weekend. I don't want to see these muppets running out for our great club anymore.

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope everyone is at Leichhardt next Saturday to absolute give it to that treacherous prick, Woodsy 2192.

Has there ever been a weaker captain in the history of the sport?!

Honestly his actions as captain show what a dog human being this guy is.

Latest posts