What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sounding +'ve regarging Packer

denis preston

First Grade
Every successful club has a leader in there pack. The guy who is full of mongrel, the guy who leads by example and shows the others the way. The leader, when he hits the defence they stay hit. Packer is our leader and a good one. It would be a tragedy to loose him

Based on eating up our cap money Packer may be a higher priority than Dugan. ( Packer 450 - 550k compared to Dugan's 1 million ) It also means we have a chance to retan Mann & Lafai.

The calm one

Juniors
Based on eating up our cap money Packer may be a higher priority than Dugan. ( Packer 450 - 550k compared to Dugan's 1 million ) It also means we have a chance to retan Mann & Lafai.
Just remember this. You can have all the Dugans, Widdops, Hunts and Manns you want. If your forward pack isn't going forward your star studded backs are going NOWHERE. Packer is a priority get it done NOW

Belta

Juniors
I'm enjoying the tough mercillous (perhaps even vicious) approach by the forwards, both in attack and defence, which IMO is inspiring the backs to create some fantastic attacking football. I think Mikeylane described them as tough and uncompromising and for mine it's these types of forwards that we need, Packer has definitely been part of this pack mentality, working together to savage their opponents, let's hope the pack stay together

Bench
I do not post rumours in here, but there is a Facebook post alleging to have been personally told by Russell that he has extended his contract, will be announces possibly on Wednesday this week.
It is not confirmed but thought I would post it here just for information.
Personally I hope he signs Packer is awesome player and would love it if he stays

Minh

First Grade
It'd be terrific news if we can retain Packer and Dugan and a monumental effort if both Lafai and Mann are retained as well.....I know that's asking a lot lol

Minh

First Grade
Just love that snarl that he has on his face when he is really motoring along .
It's almost as if someone has taken a bite out of his Wagon Wheel , and that someone is going to pay for it , big time ! :eek:

We lacked players with mongrel in the past, our forwards were on occasions sadly...soft and I remember the day Willie Mason laughed at all our forwards like they were little kids.....now we have Packer, Sims, Frizzel, Vaughen and co and nobody stands over us anymore.....

Gareth67

First Grade
We lacked players with mongrel in the past, our forwards were on occasions sadly...soft and I remember the day Willie Mason laughed at all our forwards like they were little kids.....now we have Packer, Sims, Frizzel, Vaughen and co and nobody stands over us anymore.....

Totally agree Minh , our forwards just did not have the size and bulk that most of the other teams did . Mercisely pushed around the park , week after week , by the larger packs .

They tried , but we all know the 'ole saying - a good big team , will always beat a good small team . Besides the Anzac Day victories over the Roosters , I can only remember a few other games , in particular the semi against the Bullgrubs , where the Dragons actually got the better of the larger teams .

As you say , we now have some big boys of own , who also possess that much needed ' mongrel ' - better days to come .

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It'd be terrific news if we can retain Packer and Dugan and a monumental effort if both Lafai and Mann are retained as well.....I know that's asking a lot lol
Ive said all along Minh Im super confident we will sign Dugan and Packer........whilst it would be great to have Lafai and young Mann, in this day of topsy turvy caps and TPA Im convinced you sign your MUST haves first then work down....I know thats tough but unfortunately thats the nature of the beast today

Last edited:

Dragon for life

Juniors
Every successful club has a leader in there pack. The guy who is full of mongrel, the guy who leads by example and shows the others the way. The leader, when he hits the defence they stay hit. Packer is our leader and a good one. It would be a tragedy to loose him
I think frizell is our leader! Plays hard but fair. Is a great example for kids to look up to. I never heard a bad report about him. Hopefully loyal to the dragons as well.