What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mann

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I don't want to try and take some sort of high ground here or seem like i'm saying "I told you so", but Mann was never capable of playing in the halves at First Grade level. Just because you've played a few games in the halves in juniors doesn't mean you can make that step up.
He's a natural footballer sure, but he's utility player, always has been.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
So Nona or Field? Nona is a pretty good defender, good short kicking game and can kick goals. Field is a live wire, should be unreal at support play and can also kick goals.

Gippsy

Bench
I don't know how anyone can make that assessment after that game.

He spent a short time in the halves and then was shifted to the wing for a period. Also, McCrone took over the playmaking duties and if anything this game showed that McCrone is not a playmaker.

gitano

Juniors
I don't know how anyone can make that assessment after that game.

He spent a short time in the halves and then was shifted to the wing for a period. Also, McCrone took over the playmaking duties and if anything this game showed that McCrone is not a playmaker.

Where's the dislike button?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't want to try and take some sort of high ground here or seem like i'm saying "I told you so", but Mann was never capable of playing in the halves at First Grade level. Just because you've played a few games in the halves in juniors doesn't mean you can make that step up.
He's a natural footballer sure, but he's utility player, always has been.

Tom, with respect your comment is to say the least very unfair.

Mann has had zero game time, and has not trained with the team as a half during the first 8 games of the season.

Both you and Gitano have for some reason been death riding Mann all season.

Judge him after half a dozen full games playing 7 or 6.

If Mary plays him at 6 and he doesn't play to FG standard within 6 games, solution simple, don't re-sign him.

To rubbish him based on his performance today makes no sense.

True_Believer

Juniors
Irrespective, at this point in the season, I wouldn't be taking a chance with him slotting into the halves if he hasn't been training there. If he is a half, then I daresay he's pretty rusty.

I'd be sticking with Field or Nona at this stage. More than likely Nona.

BennyV

Referee
Irrespective, at this point in the season, I wouldn't be taking a chance with him slotting into the halves if he hasn't been training there. If he is a half, then I daresay he's pretty rusty.

I'd be sticking with Field or Nona at this stage. More than likely Nona.
Strange use of the word 'sticking' considering they have less than 10mins of first grade between them.

Crush

Coach
Lol

10 minutes in the halves when our forwards are being dominated and the ball came his way twice = not a half.

Derp thread.
Wake up Benny.
He isn't a half. He is a winger.
I've said it from the start. A good winger, nothing more nothing less