What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Now imagine if that otto bin had HIV, and some of the syringe scabs on your arm broke and you got a bit of mince in you. There would be some of me inside you inside me, Snake.

There wouldn't be any lube. We'd both lose a bit of skin I reckon.

Happy MEel

First Grade
TPAs that require the player to play for a particular club are illegal.
They certainly are. But there's every possibility that a company based in Parramatta, a locality that is about to increase tenfold and whose potential customer base is likely to reside, will only be prepared to sponsor a superstar of the game to associate with their brand if they play for the Eels.

This can quite easily be communicated to the player agent and they can take it or leave it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They certainly are. But there's every possibility that a company based in Parramatta, a locality that is about to increase tenfold and whose potential customer base is likely to reside, will only be prepared to sponsor a superstar of the game to associate with their brand if they play for the Eels.

This can quite easily be communicated to the player agent and they can take it or leave it.
Max and co would need to approve though.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Because they don't want to do anything the slightest bit dodgy. And if it isn't that it could easily be construed as being so. We're hamstrung atm.
If this is the current attitude of the senior management and board then I'm off the bandwagon. We are competing against clubs that have TPA's coming out of their ass. we should be in the business of winning premierships...period!!

If there is a company out there genuinely keen to provide a player a legit TPA, dot all the f**king "I"s and cross all the f**king "t"s and get it done. If the people in charge are too weak to even consider it then we bloody well need to get the right people in there that are.

If this is the current attitude of the senior management and board then I'm off the bandwagon. We are competing against clubs that have TPA's coming out of their ass. we should be in the business of winning premierships...period!!

If there is a company out there genuinely keen to provide a player a legit TPA, dot all the f**king "I"s and cross all the f**king "t"s and get it done. If the people in charge are too weak to even consider it then we bloody well need to get the right people in there that are.
I think the problem is that even if the club has f**k all to do with a TPA, it's still against the rules to have a TPA that requires a player to play at a certain club. Which almost all TPAs require. But the NRL has no problem with this as long as it's not going to blow up in their face. It brings money into the game and it keeps stars in the game. And it keeps the powerful clubs happy enough that the current NRL admin can stay in their cushy jobs. This is just my take on the situation and is IMO the downside of having Max at the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I think your 'genuinely' is a significant qualifier that is probably not too realistic. The club has plenty of sponsors, but they are not the same as TPA providers.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think the problem is that even if the club has f**k all to do with a TPA, it's still against the rules to have a TPA that requires a player to play at a certain club. Which almost all TPAs require. But the NRL has no problem with this as long as it's not going to blow up in their face. It brings money into the game and it keeps stars in the game. And it keeps the powerful clubs happy enough that the current NRL admin can stay in their cushy jobs. This is just my take on the situation and is IMO the downside of having Max at the club.
Let's use Hayne as an example...There's nothing stopping a company telling a player agent that they would be prepared to sponsor him for $200k per season if he is a Parra player, otherwise they won't offer the sponsorship.

As long as the club had nothing to do with it there's nothing really the NRL can do.

I have no evidence but I'm fairly confident this is how the vast majority of TPAs are organised (think Uncle Nick and his friends).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Let's use Hayne as an example...There's nothing stopping a company telling a player agent that they would be prepared to sponsor him for $200k per season if he is a Parra player, otherwise they won't offer the sponsorship.

As long as the club had nothing to do with it there's nothing really the NRL can do.

I have no evidence but I'm fairly confident this is how the vast majority of TPAs are organised (think Uncle Nick and his friends).
But the fact of 'Uncle Nick' (or whomever) arranging this is technically against the rules. Now, the Uncle Nicks of the NRL clearly don't have a problem with letter-of-the-law vs spirit-of-the-law, but Uncle Max certainly does.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think your 'genuinely' is a significant qualifier that is probably not too realistic. The club has plenty of sponsors, but they are not the same as TPA providers.
Thanks Captain obvious. However, I think it's conceivable that a Parramatta based company could see value in associating with "Jarryd Hayne the brand" if he was prepared to actually front up to the sponsor's gigs. At least this way you're guaranteed a superstar rather than some NYC nuffies signing some autographs on behalf of the club.

Latest posts