What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NFL Draft

nick87

Coach
Really REALLY happy with those eagles picks today

Sidney Jones is the best corner in the draft imo. Everything ive read suggests his achillies isnt going to be an issue long term, and he could even be back playing by Oct. Getting him in the 2nd is amazing value

I wanted Jourdan Lewis in the 3rd but the stinkin f**king cowboys took him. Very happy with Douglas though, he is a bit slow but the dude can play press and handle WRs at the line and he's got great ball skills

Great work Eagles

kurt faulk

Coach

can't complain about what the rams did today.

gerald everette is a jordan reed clone that mcvay obviously wanted for his offense.

cooper kupp is an excellent route runner who can catch the ball. the kind of wr the rams haven't had for a decade.

and john johnson is a safety/slot corner backup who can develop into a starter.

DC_fan

Coach
Really REALLY happy with those eagles picks today

Sidney Jones is the best corner in the draft imo. Everything ive read suggests his achillies isnt going to be an issue long term, and he could even be back playing by Oct. Getting him in the 2nd is amazing value

I wanted Jourdan Lewis in the 3rd but the stinkin f**king cowboys took him. Very happy with Douglas though, he is a bit slow but the dude can play press and handle WRs at the line and he's got great ball skills

Great work Eagles

Oh well, you can't have everything.

DC_fan

Coach
For the first time since 2012 (when they had 1st, 2nd & 4th round picks) the Cowboys went defense with their first three picks. You have to go back to 1983 for the last time they used their 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks on defense.

Would not surprise me if they go defense again tomorrow.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Yup... they showed...

And they took so much time that they showed Mixons actual football tape instead of taking any time to discuss the kid Tampa just picked up.

I was f**king livid about it mate. We get hardly any media attention as it is, we make a draft pick, espn want to focus on that idiots punch from 3 years ago and nothing is mentioned about Justin Evans for us or Ryan Anderson for the redskins. It took 2 draft picks for espn to blow their load about Mixon before they decided to talk about anyone else. There was no need to show the punch footage either.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I like the Steelers haul, no complaints considering what was on the board, I'm glad they stayed away from the QBs. Would like a safety or TE early tomorrow, expecting a QB in the 4th.

Frederick

Staff member
I like the Steelers haul, no complaints considering what was on the board, I'm glad they stayed away from the QBs. Would like a safety or TE early tomorrow, expecting a QB in the 4th.
QB 4th
CB 5th
6th...Long Snapper?????????

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Happy with the 9ers draft. First 2 are obviously instant starters with Witherspoon, Kittle and Williams likely to get a fair chunk of game time too.

The rest are typical later round boom or bust type players or solid fringe squad guys.

Only questionable move might be reaching for CJ but if Shanahan sees something he really likes who am I to argue?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Love the mad UDFA scramble after the draft. Always interesting to observe even if very few if any will make a significant impact in the short term.

DC_fan

Coach
"...soakin' up the hate and spittin' it back. That's red meat for that draft party!"

:joy:

Can someone enlighten me on the history there please? How did the Iggles give him a career?

Outside of the fact, that Pearson played his first NFL game again the Eagles, to the best of my knowledge there is little if anything to support his statement. My feeling is that he was just rubbing it in to the scum fans of Philadelphia.