What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rep Round

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What letting the competition sign all their best players?

Best players? Mitch Moses and Aaron woods aren't exactly the best players the club has to offer. Tedesco is a big loss but they've recruited extremely well so f
What letting the competition sign all their best players?

Lost Tedesco, woods and Moses. All extremely overrated players and not worth the money they're being paid

Gained Ben Matulino, Chris Mcqueen, josh Reynolds.

Also gained some depth players in Alex twal who is one of the most promising up and comers as well as Malakai Watene Zelezniak which looks like he'll be ready in a season or two.

He is also looking at lolohea, Mitchell, Gagai, basically every decent player that's on the market.

Tigers will easily be a top 8 team next season. Whilst we are still on the slide.

Maguire consistently sticks with the same team week in week out. If there's no one better then go out and start recruiting. The fact is our team statistically sucks in almost every area which is an individual performance problem. I don't know when the foot is put down and a clean out starts to happen. It's obvious that we have all these young forwards coming through who try much harder than some of our established players and are paid peanuts where is the fairness in that? Salary cap needs to be sorted out so we can start enticing people to south Sydney.

Pommy

Coach
Most doggies fan I know are more than happy Josh Reynolds is leaving.
Although I agree Woods is probably overplayed but with the salary cap increase I'm not sure what he should be getting paid now.
Losing Tedesco is huge.
I haven't watched a lot of Chris McQueen this season he was bang average for Su in 2015 and he was shocking in red and white on Saturday night and I was one of the few England fans willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Most doggies fan I know are more than happy Josh Reynolds is leaving.
Although I agree Woods is probably overplayed but with the salary cap increase I'm not sure what he should be getting paid now.
Losing Tedesco is huge.
I haven't watched a lot of Chris McQueen this season he was bang average for Su in 2015 and he was shocking in red and white on Saturday night and I was one of the few England fans willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Josh Reynolds is a massive loss for the Bulldogs. He's one of the best 5/8ths in the game. Their biggest mistake was overpaying someone like mbye. They had two running 5/8ths and f**ked up. I would of definitely of taken josh Reynolds if we could. The only reason that moving on josh Reynolds was okay was because they got the only other player who could be considered better than Josh Reynolds in Foran.

Mcqueen has been pretty solid for the Titans and is a solid first grader. Probably better than turner but no better than Sutton.

I don't think the loss of Tedesco is as big as people make it out to be. He is gonna be the highest paid player next season so the tigers would of had to offer him 1.5mil a season to stay? I don't really think his even worth near that much for what he has shown. When was the last time he even played finals football? His played 1 origin game against a depleted queensland side who had already won the series.

Pommy

Coach
Josh Reynolds is a massive loss for the Bulldogs. He's one of the best 5/8ths in the game. Their biggest mistake was overpaying someone like mbye. They had two running 5/8ths and f**ked up. I would of definitely of taken josh Reynolds if we could. The only reason that moving on josh Reynolds was okay was because they got the only other player who could be considered better than Josh Reynolds in Foran.

Mcqueen has been pretty solid for the Titans and is a solid first grader. Probably better than turner but no better than Sutton.

I don't think the loss of Tedesco is as big as people make it out to be. He is gonna be the highest paid player next season so the tigers would of had to offer him 1.5mil a season to stay? I don't really think his even worth near that much for what he has shown. When was the last time he even played finals football? His played 1 origin game against a depleted queensland side who had already won the series.

He was at Tigers how can you judge him on not playing finals. It was/is a total mess.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He was at Tigers how can you judge him on not playing finals. It was/is a total mess.

I don't really believe that is a real excuse. He had the players around him to perform but he didn't.

He's not even in the top 3 fullbacks in the game right now and he's going to be the highest paid fullback in the competition next year. Darius Boyd, Billy slater, RTS and i'd argue even Dugan are all superior players to Tedesco. The tigers would be better off letting him go and chasing someone like Dugan. The amount of players that the roosters are gonna have to shed to accomodate Tedesco isn't going to be worth it.

Pommy

Coach
I don't really believe that is a real excuse. He had the players around him to perform but he didn't.

Come on Tigers are a total basket case of a club I don't think you can hold not making the finals against any one of the players it's a mess.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Come on Tigers are a total basket case of a club I don't think you can hold not making the finals against any one of the players it's a mess.

Alright fair enough. I think you'll find as soon as those players leave though they'll make the finals. Then the big 4 will look like the overpaid 4.

Pommy

Coach
Alright fair enough. I think you'll find as soon as those players leave though they'll make the finals. Then the big 4 will look like the overpaid 4.

Yeah but that's not the only change though is it?
They had a one club player in open feud with the manger.
The manger was shit anyway.
Add a board that's been locked in civil war for a decade +.
Plus they have been paying players to play elsewhere for years.
The entire club is a mess and I just feel sorry for the fans.

If those four players leave and then they suddenly make the 8. You can't put 2+2 to get 4 unless your an idiot.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yeah but that's not the only change though is it?
They had a one club player in open feud with the manger.
The manger was shit anyway.
Add a board that's been locked in civil war for a decade +.
Plus they have been paying players to play elsewhere for years.
The entire club is a mess and I just feel sorry for the fans.

If those four players leave and then they suddenly make the 8. You can't put 2+2 to get 4 unless your an idiot.

To act like the tigers are the only team with management problems is ridiculous though. Souths had extreme internal problems in 2015 but still made the finals, Manly have had internal problems for the last 5 years and they've made the finals in that time.

The main reason why they haven't made the 8 isn't the management it's the players performance. To say that it's majorly affected by off field drama is quite extreme. Good teams don't focus on off field drama they just play footy like they're paid to do. It's the players' fault at the tigers just like it's the players' fault at Souths.

Pommy

Coach
To act like the tigers are the only team with management problems is ridiculous though. Souths had extreme internal problems in 2015 but still made the finals, Manly have had internal problems for the last 5 years and they've made the finals in that time.

The main reason why they haven't made the 8 isn't the management it's the players performance. To say that it's majorly affected by off field drama is quite extreme. Good teams don't focus on off field drama they just play footy like they're paid to do. It's the players' fault at the tigers just like it's the players' fault at Souths.

Just made the finals, just.
We had a great start to the season where I assume we didn't have the issues. If those issues had been there all season and we performed like we did int he second half of the season we wouldn't have been close.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Just made the finals, just.
We had a great start to the season where I assume we didn't have the issues. If those issues had been there all season and we performed like we did int he second half of the season we wouldn't have been close.

There were reports of problems within the camp from the beginning of the 2015 season. we had to rebuild and we still haven't.

Pommy

Coach
There were reports of problems within the camp from the beginning of the 2015 season. we had to rebuild and we still haven't.

We demolished Broncos 6-36 in round 1 after a very convincing WCC hardly signs of an unsettled camp.
You are right we need a rebuild.