What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex Johnston!!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Latrell Mitchell:
Pros - 19 years old so he has youth on his side. Strong, fast, footwork, good under the high ball, looks to have a decent pass in him too. If you don't get a quality fullback out of him then you're getting a great centre at best.
Cons - He can be inconsistent but I guess that comes with the youth.

Michael Gordon:
Pros - Big game player, an abundance of NRL experience, goal kicking.
Cons - Will be 34 this year, only a short term fix (1 year contract)

Jarryd Hayne:
Pros - Arguably one of the greatest fullbacks to ever play the game in his prime. Not overly old just yet but he's sneaking up on 30. When he shows up, there's not a lot of players who are better in the competition.
Cons - Inconsistent, egomaniac, lazy, arrogant, will come with a massive price-tag.

Ben Barba:
Pros - Fast, fantastic ball-skills, seems to be hungrier in recent seasons. Great player.
Cons - Too much baggage, price tag will be very high.

Alex Johnston:
Pros: None.
Cons: It's Alex Johnston.

God sone people are f**ked in the head
Let's buy someone else's 20 year old who has been in and out of 1st grade since he was 18 and has just returned to first grade after poor form and at the same time not give our own 20 year old a chance despite having being impressive in U/20's which is exactly how Mitchell got his crack 2 years ago
Wake up people and get with the programme of looking and promoting within
Now to top off all that ridiculous thinking Mc Fookknuckle picks KFFL on the wing
The place is doomed if this keeps up
Mitchell would be a great replacement for Dugan regardless of your shallow assessment.
Let me dumb it down for you. 2 years ago he was only 18 years old. Now he is 20.
If you can't see his potential then that is your problem.

Old Timer

Coach
Mitchell would be a great replacement for Dugan regardless of your shallow assessment.
Let me dumb it down for you. 2 years ago he was only 18 years old. Now he is 20.
If you can't see his potential then that is your problem.
Let me dumb it down for you stupid
The thrust of my post is we already have some 20 year olds that deserve there chance before we buy another 20 year old from another club
If you can't see we already have people with potential that deserve their chance then that is your problem f**kwhit

sco22

Juniors
The club is still a mess...how can any club let the recruitment/ pathways manager dictate how the team will be chosen and who plays where. An absolute joke

Hey twinkletoes
The dragons structure is base on the NFL , in saying that recruitment section and coaching work together putting together a team which the coach wants and recruiting go out and get the players required. You already know what to spend on players. But it looks like neither the coach or recruitment don't talk at all.

Here in the NRL it's Mickey Mouse and unprofessional and no knows the salary cap or do they ask the the rich clubs they know.

The thrust of my post is we already have some 20 year olds that deserve there chance before we buy another 20 year old from another club
If you can't see we already have people with potential that deserve their chance then that is your problem f**kwhit
Your post does not need to be dumbed down - it is just plain dumb
Furthermore you obviously did not understand the "thrust" of my post.
We already know about our 20 years olds der - Dufty, Field who Millward has earmarked as our fullback for 2018 - God help us.
Who's fault is it that they don't get a go?
Maybe Dufty is just not up to scratch. Have you ever contemplated that?
Speaking purely about the fullback position, how can you even compare Dufty to Mitchell?
Mitchell is a class above and has the potential to be a real match winner. He also already played a number of FG games.
Looking at things objectively, a signing like Mitchell would give us some real strike power.
Your entitled to your slant on things but calling people names shows what a low grade moron you are.

possm

Coach
Old Timer,
Dufty and Field have had no first grade experience and our coaching staff apparently have no confidence in their suitability for selection at fullback in first grade.

Mitchell has not only been selected in first grade, he performed very well and was the talk of the town at the time. Recent problems revolving around Mitchell has been all to do with the recruitment of Tedesco as the Roosters long term fullback. Mitchell was of the understanding he was being groomed for that job and so had a heated argument with the coach and subsequently was rested for a week and then dropped to reserve grade. Mitchell wants out and it is believed the Roosters will let him go as they have salary cap issues.

Old Timer,
Dufty and Field have had no first grade experience and our coaching staff apparently have no confidence in their suitability for selection at fullback in first grade.

Mitchell has not only been selected in first grade, he performed very well and was the talk of the town at the time. Recent problems revolving around Mitchell has been all to do with the recruitment of Tedesco as the Roosters long term fullback. Mitchell was of the understanding he was being groomed for that job and so had a heated argument with the coach and subsequently was rested for a week and then dropped to reserve grade. Mitchell wants out and it is believed the Roosters will let him go as they have salary cap issues.
Thanks for the insight into his availability. Now will someone pull their finger out and sign him!

pjljmjjj

Juniors
Why any recruitment professional would not keep an open mind and consider all options that are presented to him along the way?
Announcing Field as our fullback for 2018 a quarter of the way into the 2017 season is absolute nonsense don't you reckon?
Yes it is madness to declare Field at FB for next year when he does not even play there . When back with steelers he is 1/2 or 5/8. Dufty is the FB and he deserves to get a chance now whilst Dugan is out. How else are they going to see if he is up to it. He has played very well the last few games in steelers and he has the magic word that most of the backs don't have - speed. Give him a go.

st.phil

Bench
God sone people are f**ked in the head
Let's buy someone else's 20 year old who has been in and out of 1st grade since he was 18 and has just returned to first grade after poor form and at the same time not give our own 20 year old a chance despite having being impressive in U/20's which is exactly how Mitchell got his crack 2 years ago
Wake up people and get with the programme of looking and promoting within
Now to top off all that ridiculous thinking Mc Fookknuckle picks KFFL on the wing
The place is doomed if this keeps up
Deep breaths

Bench
We should not be looking at Hayne or anyone like him. Money should be spent on getting our juniors locked in.
The biggest problem we have is speed in the backs. If Field or Dufty can make the jump to first grade then they will make a Hugh difference to our performance.

possm

Coach
We should not be looking at Hayne or anyone like him. Money should be spent on getting our juniors locked in.
The biggest problem we have is speed in the backs. If Field or Dufty can make the jump to first grade then they will make a Hugh difference to our performance.
Look, I am pretty sure the young guns are locked in for the next two yers. None of them except for Sele, Host and Leilua have been tested in first grade, so it would be very risky relying on them to fill Dugan's/Packer's shoes. A two year deal with a top line fullback that can make a difference and possibly win us a GF in 2018/2019. By then our young guns would be tested.

Old Timer

Coach
Your post does not need to be dumbed down - it is just plain dumb
Furthermore you obviously did not understand the "thrust" of my post.
We already know about our 20 years olds der - Dufty, Field who Millward has earmarked as our fullback for 2018 - God help us.
Who's fault is it that they don't get a go?
Maybe Dufty is just not up to scratch. Have you ever contemplated that?
Speaking purely about the fullback position, how can you even compare Dufty to Mitchell?
Mitchell is a class above and has the potential to be a real match winner. He also already played a number of FG games.
Looking at things objectively, a signing like Mitchell would give us some real strike power.
Your entitled to your slant on things but calling people names shows what a low grade moron you are.
You are proving to be a supercilious git.
You made a false interpretation of my post and used disparaging terms in your initial response "let me dumb it down for you" I believe was your quote.
Mitchell doesn't play FB now and was replaced in that position by a 33 year old so how do you explain that he should be a walk up start as FB for us when despite all his potential he doesn't fulfil that role at his current club?
Mitchell only got his chance by being exceptional in lower grades exactly as Dufty has done so why should we not give Dufty his chance, why discard him without ever looking at him?
Potential can only be fulfilled if it is given its chance so Dufty deserves every opportunity to do exactly what Mitchell has done.
You somehow presuppose my opposition to Mitchell is because I think he has not talent or potential which is incorrect I simply prefer to look within in the first instance.
Is it your belief that if we have an NRL vacancy that we should entice some other clubs 20 year old already in firsts be poached rather than promote our own 20 year olds?
If you use that philosophy why not go for Hess and forget about Leilua?
Our club refuses to utilise / embrace young talent within its own ranks and you appear to agree with that stance by suggesting Mitchell ahead of Dufty purely on the basis that Mitchell has already played 1st.
With that attitude we may as well not have juniors at all, as we will never blood / select them and every other club that does do that obviously has better and cheaper options than our own club.
Adopting your attitude we will never ease cap pressure as we are always looking external and never within and somehow you justify that by suggesting that maybe Dufty doesn't have it.
Well neither you or I know whether he does or doesn't have it but at least I am willing to find out before rushing out to buy somebody else yet to be fully proven at NRL level let alone in the key position of FB.

saintm

Juniors
You made a false interpretation of my post and used disparaging terms in your initial response "let me dumb it down for you" I believe was your quote.
Mitchell doesn't play FB now and was replaced in that position by a 33 year old so how do you explain that he should be a walk up start as FB for us when despite all his potential he doesn't fulfil that role at his current club?
Mitchell only got his chance by being exceptional in lower grades exactly as Dufty has done so why should we not give Dufty his chance, why discard him without ever looking at him?
Potential can only be fulfilled if it is given its chance so Dufty deserves every opportunity to do exactly what Mitchell has done.
You somehow presuppose my opposition to Mitchell is because I think he has not talent or potential which is incorrect I simply prefer to look within in the first instance.
Is it your belief that if we have an NRL vacancy that we should entice some other clubs 20 year old already in firsts be poached rather than promote our own 20 year olds?
Our club refuses to utilise / embrace young talent within its own ranks and you appear to agree with that stance by suggesting Mitchell ahead of Dufty purely on the basis that Mitchell has already played 1st.
With that attitude we may as well not have juniors at all, as we will never blood / select them and every other club that does do that obviously has better and cheaper options than our own club.
Adopting your attitude we will never ease cap pressure as we are always looking external and never within and somehow you justify that by suggesting that maybe Dufty doesn't have it.
Well neither you or I know whether he does or doesn't have it but at least I am willing to find out before rushing out to buy somebody else yet to be fully proven at NRL level let alone in the key position of FB.
Couldn't have said it better

Overseas dragon

Juniors
We had a coach last year JD who had big wraps on Shane Nona and also spoke of the potential of Mathew dufty .but hay what does he know he wasn't thought much off and sent to where was it again.oh yes the broncos they must be idiots up there

CarrrnDragons

Juniors
Maybe Dufty being named at 18 is a smoke screen for him to start and Nightingale back to the wing with KFFL to drop out...keep him out of the media lights for his debut...

possm

Coach
We had a coach last year JD who had big wraps on Shane Nona and also spoke of the potential of Mathew dufty .but hay what does he know he wasn't thought much off and sent to where was it again.oh yes the broncos they must be idiots up there
The old boys got together and squeezed him out. He was too threatening. Fancy winning a comp and then the national title in your first year at the Club with a very ordinary roster. Mary wanted him out and so the deal was done. Millward gets the recruitment job, Mary, Hornby and Young keep their coaching jobs and JD is left right out.

hazzbeen

Bench
This exactly ........