What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt To be Released to Dragons beforeJune 30!!

mickeylane

Bench
Yes you read this right!!

Theres an extremely strong rumour that Ben Hunt is out of sorts w Wayne Bennett to the point where he was fit to play last week but was passed over for selection and once again was passed over for selection this week in preference for Kodi Nikorima..

The Broncos kept Ben Hunts fitness secret last week but this week the media has latched onto it proclaiming that Hunt is fit but won't be selected in any grade!

Dragons have made a request for an early move but was knocked back apparently last week - my source (prominent bookmaker) who will kill me if he ever reads this forum said that the Dragons have enough cap room to take in Hunt this year and pay out his remaining contract for this year around $300K due after July 1..

I know this sounds preposterous but its on the cards and brewing as we speak...if it happens expect Hunt to team up w Widdop from early July just in time to take in 9 games before the semis...the last time a move like this happened was back in 2010 when one Mark Gasnier joined the Dragons mid season from France and we went on to win the comp..

Stranger things have happened..

possm

Coach

Theres an extremely strong rumour that Ben Hunt is out of sorts w Wayne Bennett to the point where he was fit to play last week but was passed over for selection and once again was passed over for selection this week in preference for Kodi Nikorima..

The Broncos kept Ben Hunts fitness secret last week but this week the media has latched onto it proclaiming that Hunt is fit but won't be selected in any grade!

Dragons have made a request for an early move but was knocked back apparently last week - my source (prominent bookmaker) who will kill me if he ever reads this forum said that the Dragons have enough cap room to take in Hunt this year and pay out his remaining contract for this year around $300K due after July 1..

I know this sounds preposterous but its on the cards and brewing as we speak...if it happens expect Hunt to team up w Widdop from early July just in time to take in 9 games before the semis...the last time a move like this happened was back in 2010 when one Mark Gasnier joined the Dragons mid season from France and we went on to win the comp..

Great news Mickeylane. Keep us up to date, though I suppose it will be all over the media very soon if true.

Old Timer

Coach

Is Godwin Grech a book maker now?

BringTheNoise

Juniors
If true what's in it for Broncos to release him early? Surely there's a catch. Bennett could just as easily relegate Hunt to QLD cup for the rest of the year...

possm

Coach
Broncos would not have to pay him after 1 Jul and so could bring in a player they have their eye on. aybe say GI or Hayne.

If it happens, we will see what it would be like to have a spine of:
Dugan
Widdop
Hunt
McInnes

and Packer in the forwards.

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
Broncos would not have to pay him after 1 Jul and so could bring in a player they have their eye on.

If it happens, we will see what it would be like to have a spine of:
Dugan
Widdop
Hunt
McInnes

and Packer in the forwards.
what a dream!! but do u think Bennett would be dumb enough to strengthen an opponent - hence why he probably knocked back the initial release request if there was one..