What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
Sit him in the reserves if he tries to walk out of his deal. He isn't on enough to have an effect on the cap

southsport

First Grade
I really hope all this stuff about Cody is just his manager talking shit. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would just walk out on the club that gave him his shot, especially since he only just re-signed late last year. I understand he wants a pay rise though and he does deserve it.

It sounds like we're sorting through it and I really hope we give him a suitable deal soon.

I don't want to lose him.
In a team photo today Cody didn't look like a player that was about to walk out. ;)
Ripped by a boar
I thought as much, they're mean bastards.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I like Ross. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
But at the same time he's doing the same as what Cody is saying " I'm worth more money"
So it would be hypocritical to sign Ross and say to Cody .... "Hey mate , you signed a contract ,honour your contract"

I think we upgraded McQueen after he played origin so there is a precedent but Cody only got selected for a city/country match with blokes who have been playing reserve grade.

Galeforce

Bench
Walker will get an upgrade I'm not stressed about it at all. If he's not happy with what he gets then there's... Cooper Cronk.. ;)

Yep , let Cody go because $200k upgrade on his current $200k does not make sense and then we can sign Cooper for $1m . That will teach Cody a lesson.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths are currently in a bit of a mess.

We seem to just have 1 reasonable signing in Gagai and that's it.

On compassionate grounds GI could very well go.

Cody is pissed off and I don't blame him. The fact the Broncos and Storm are lining up to pay him 600k a season what does that tell you??????? Hellloooooo since when do those 2 clubs want a player of ours????????

If we lose Cody it is one big fug up.

The Mole is reporting Souths have today declined an increase on his contract.

We also could be losing Gray which would definitely be a loss.

AJ wants to walk.

Goodwin possibly retiring along with Sutto.

Who will want out next???? Soon will Musgrove be pissed off?????

NRL is becoming a joke with contracts and all meaning jack shit.

Also with Tyrrell going which is what we want and Clark possibly on the outer nad Rochow rumoured to be going to UK we ain't even signing anyone.

At this rate we will be saying to super loyal and a guy with integrity in Sutto that we do need him next season and he could very well be needed at 5/8. I mean who else can we get besides Mortimer who isn't as good as Sutto????

We can't afford Cronk either and it'd be silly wasting money on him as we'd have the shittiest depth in the comp.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Also we will have no option but to keep the twins. We can't lose them amongst all the others as it seems we would only replace them with duds.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think you have to take a step back and relax R20.

At the end of the day if GI goes why can't we just use that money to lure Cronk to Redfern and place Walker at fullback?

At this point all the player movements are just rumours. Usually players talk to other clubs when they want more money or a better position in the squad. It doesn't mean that they're 100% gone.

Cody's management has been a real f**kwit in demanding a pay rise right now. If richo is sane Cody will get a pay rise I think they're just trying to show cody's management that they can't step up and demand money like that. It would be funny if Cody moved back to the storm though. We gave him his NRL debut and basically allowed him to cement a spot in first grade and then Bellamy takes him back as soon as his a true first grader. If they want Cody we should demand a player swap.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think you have to take a step back and relax R20.

At the end of the day if GI goes why can't we just use that money to lure Cronk to Redfern and place Walker at fullback?

At this point all the player movements are just rumours. Usually players talk to other clubs when they want more money or a better position in the squad. It doesn't mean that they're 100% gone.

Cody's management has been a real f**kwit in demanding a pay rise right now. If richo is sane Cody will get a pay rise I think they're just trying to show cody's management that they can't step up and demand money like that. It would be funny if Cody moved back to the storm though. We gave him his NRL debut and basically allowed him to cement a spot in first grade and then Bellamy takes him back as soon as his a true first grader. If they want Cody we should demand a player swap.
I know Shadow see' what I see.

We would have to sort out with the NRL to make sure for 2018 that the million GI is on doesn't take up our cap.

I don't want Cronk. He is too expensive.

I reckon Souths want Gagai at fullback if GI goes.

We can't lose Cody. That'd be the stupidest thing the club has done in years.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Yep , let Cody go because $200k upgrade on his current $200k does not make sense and then we can sign Cooper for $1m . That will teach Cody a lesson.
I never said let Cody go. I said he will be upgraded and you'd think he'll stay but if he's still not happy there are other options. Cody isn't worth the 600k he's asking for/apparently been offered. He hasn't played any rep footy and has barely been in first grade for two years. Cody is probably worth 400k. If it comes down to it I'd rather pay 1mil for a solid game manager with origin and premiership experience than be pushed to pay 600k for a 28 year old with only 2 seasons under his belt. It's not about how much money it costs your cap it's about the value that money provides.

themacemaceman

Juniors
No doubt we've got a bargin with Cody compared to his worth.

I thought the best way to value his worth might be to compare against other players.

He's not a dominant play maker and I can't see him being a week in week out half back so will never command that money.

I'm not sure he's a week in week out fullback either.

Is he worth the same as Munster who plays fullback and 5/8. Probably not. There's a lot of upside to Munster. I think anyone would take Munster before Cody.

How about Gutherson.... plays everywhere from fullback to 5/8?
How does Cody compare.... worth more or less. I'm not sure.

It's fair to say he's probably worth more to us than he is on the market because we don't have many options.

Is he worth More than AJ. A winger and currently our 3rd choice fullback where's Cody is our 1st choice 5/8 and 2nd choice fullback (after GI).

It's hard to put a figure on.

And then there Keary. Plays mainly 5/8. Has proven he is not a week in week out halfback who can lead the team around the park but compared to Cody would be on heaps more. Cody has had just as good a season as Keary and has the extra string to his bow of being able to cover fullback. We've lost nothing with Cody replacing Keary in my opinion.

$400,000 would seem fair in my opinion but Cody maybe needs to look at himself and previous manager for undervaluing him.

Galeforce

Bench
I never said let Cody go. I said he will be upgraded and you'd think he'll stay but if he's still not happy there are other options. Cody isn't worth the 600k he's asking for/apparently been offered. He hasn't played any rep footy and has barely been in first grade for two years. Cody is probably worth 400k. If it comes down to it I'd rather pay 1mil for a solid game manager with origin and premiership experience than be pushed to pay 600k for a 28 year old with only 2 seasons under his belt. It's not about how much money it costs your cap it's about the value that money provides.

Ok fair enough.
I also see Cody as an interim for the next two years , and even though Cronk has more , i do not see him worth the extra money for 2 at best 1 year at this stage of his career , especially given he is already prioritise his love life over his Storm career.

Also i think Cronk and Reynolds game is similar , with Cronk at his best superior. Cronk would suit Cody's game , so if we were serious about Cronk it would make more sense on the basis we were going to use his time to develop a half replacement for Adam.I also think Cody at his best is great , however he can go missing when things are not going our way, as such i would agree any increase should be limited to around a max of $400k.Though we would still be hard pressed finding a replacement for that money in todays market.

Latest posts