What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love ya Jason Nightingale , Loved again tonight

ALSGI

Bench
But but..... he's too slow!

Honestly, those who have been calling him to be let go (this has been going on since about 2015) should feel so embarrassed.

My favourite ever Dragon.
One of my favourite Dragons ever too, would love to see him finish with a strong season on the wing. He's a winger. Always does a solid job at FB but I'm not embarrassed to say when our No1 FB is out we should be giving Dufty, Field or Mann a run at FB, not Nighty. A real missed opportunity. There'll be at least one other opportunity during SOO and Nighty should be on the Wing.
Also not embarrassed to think he's too slow and we have better options for next year imo.

RedVDave

First Grade
Keep him for sure he is out only player who applies for the 10 year salary cap exemption (or is 7 now?) anyways our next 2 mainstays are Ah Mau & Matthews who both debuted with the club in 2012.

possm

Coach
Keep him for sure he is out only player who applies for the 10 year salary cap exemption (or is 7 now?) anyways our next 2 mainstays are Ah Mau & Matthews who both debuted with the club in 2012.
It is 6 and Nightingale and De Belin qualify at the moment. Another post indicated that the allowance will increase to 400k for the whole Club. At the moment that means Nightingale 200k and De Belin 200k cap free.

getsmarty

Immortal
Seems like one of the True nice guys in the game. Deserves to retire on his own terms and will always be in Dragons folklore for the amazing 2 tries in the 2010 GF. Nighty, you are a legend.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Desperately want to see him hit the 100 career tries. Only 3 to go (i think) and what a celebration it would be for his 100.
I just hope the club has something special planned for him.

Minh

First Grade
Jason should be able to finish on his terms whatever that is......the most loyal and passionate Dragons player bar none, we have been blessed and he may not be finished in terms of Premiership success just yet ;)

Drakon

Juniors
Desperately want to see him hit the 100 career tries. Only 3 to go (i think) and what a celebration it would be for his 100.
I just hope the club has something special planned for him.
He has 98 tries. Only 2 to go. Jason deserves to get those two tries! And more. He'll get them He's a winner in all respects.

Smurf

Juniors
Don't shoot me but ....
Nightingale to fullback for 2018 ?

Just putting it out there .

Dea

Juniors
I love Nighty as a player and he is solid. Great clubman. However, wingers need speed. Blistering, blinding fast speed. His legs are getting older. I would not like to see him playing and being burned by young guys running around him, or read about him playing for the Steelers. Just hope he makes the right decision and gets to farewell year he deserves!

denis preston

First Grade
I love Nighty as a player and he is solid. Great clubman. However, wingers need speed. Blistering, blinding fast speed. His legs are getting older. I would not like to see him playing and being burned by young guys running around him, or read about him playing for the Steelers. Just hope he makes the right decision and gets to farewell year he deserves!

You know, a couple of times Nighty positioned himself really well in coming in and taking the inside ball in the ruck and seeing open space. Unfortunately he was gobbled up very quickly. Love the guy but don't think his kick returns were very effective as well.

Walpole

Juniors
F*ck it. Let him play until he's 50 if he wants!!! Absolute legend. You all demand loyalty from our players. Nighty demands loyalty from you!!! Should retire when he reaches 200 tries.

Latest posts