What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

Cry about it? Lool

Origin is nothing compared to club footy.

We'd be ecstatic if Pearce didn't get picked because as it stands we're certain to lose two games without our Origin stars against two basically non affected teams.

I pray they pick Moylan so we have half a chance in those games.
You lot should make a pertition for Pearce to stand down from Origin this year and any other years so he can give his full time and effort to the roosters. Don't worry, NSW fans will totally understand :joy:

Valheru

Coach
You lot should make a pertition for Pearce to stand down from Origin this year and any other years so he can give his full time and effort to the roosters. Don't worry, NSW fans will totally understand :joy:

The rules prevent him from standing down. We all know an exemption wouldn't be made because he is the best option ;)

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Vaughan
9. Peats
10. Woods
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. Frizzell

14. Fifita
15. Klemmer
16. James
17. Keary
18. Aubusson

pandas

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Hayne
3. Bird
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan
7. A. Reynolds
8. Fifita
9. Wallace
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. Trbojevic

14. Peachey
15. Frizell
16. Vaughn
17. McLean/Jackson

Wallace is reliable and experienced with a good kicking game and is not Farah. Play him for this series with a view to bring in Brailey next year.

Maloney gives away too many penalties and misses too many tackles. Don't get why he's an automatic selection.

Moylan has to be in the 13.

OldPanther

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. Hayne
3. Bird
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan
7. A. Reynolds
8. Fifita
9. Wallace
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. Trbojevic

14. Peachey
15. Frizell
16. Vaughn
17. McLean/Jackson

Wallace is reliable and experienced with a good kicking game and is not Farah. Play him for this series with a view to bring in Brailey next year.

Maloney gives away too many penalties and misses too many tackles. Don't get why he's an automatic selection.

I don't mind this team. Reynolds to organise. Moylan's passing. Some good forwards.

Shortfin Mako

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Hayne
3. Bird
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan
7. A. Reynolds
8. Fifita
9. Wallace
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. Trbojevic

14. Peachey
15. Frizell
16. Vaughn
17. McLean/Jackson

This is one of the better sides I've seen named. Only questionable selections for mine are the halves.
Pearce has to be there, he is the form halfback in NSW, he has been there before and has a premiership partnership with Maloney (Who will be the 6).

Reynolds and Moylan are playing for out of form sides. That's the crux of why I would have them miss out, how do you expect two players who have never played together before to beat the best team in rugby league when they can't even get it done at club level with their long term team mates?

big hit!

Bench
in reality, dugan, bird and probably walker are all ahead of him for the right centre position, but James Roberts looks a game breaker. the only concern is that perhaps he is just running rings around nrl plodders and origin defence won't be as poor.

big hit!

Bench
This is one of the better sides I've seen named. Only questionable selections for mine are the halves.
Pearce has to be there, he is the form halfback in NSW, he has been there before and has a premiership partnership with Maloney (Who will be the 6).

names on paper. end of the day, cordner and graham will not be in the starting back row together because they are both left forwards, and Bird will not be a starting centre because he plays on the right side like Dugan.

Shortfin Mako

Juniors
names on paper. end of the day, cordner and graham will not be in the starting back row together, and Bird will not be a starting centre because he plays on the right side like Dugan.

I agree about Bird, I think he is more likely to get the 14. over Peachey. Who would you pair with Dugan?

Cordner and Graham will start together. Graham, as a former half, can pass both ways regardless of where he plays.

big hit!

Bench
I agree about Bird, I think he is more likely to get the 14. over Peachey. Who would you pair with Dugan?

Cordner and Graham will start together. Graham, as a former half, can pass both ways regardless of where he plays.

regardless of graham's history and play-making abilities, i'm putting myself in Daley's shoes.......he loves Jackson and he'll get the right forward spot. cordner is touted as captain so he'll be the left forward. #13 is a battle between J Trobj and Frizell for mine - the former is the best MF in NSW, the latter has been a beast for NSW in that position even though he plays as the right forward for the steelers. he's got the attributes to just play at high intensity in the middle for 20 or so minutes per half so rotating him with JTrobj is a given.

dugan will be paired with Ferguson. that's Daley's go to now on the right-side, just as it is for Meninga for the national team. so the right side attack/defence will consist of Pearce - Jackson - Dugan - Ferguson. I know, it looks lack spark on paper, but that's what it'll be.

on the left it will probably be Jennings & Hayne i'd say so the 4 on this side will be Maloney - Cordner - Jennings - Hayne. Obviously, Tedesco will chime in on attack too on either side.

OldPanther

Coach

Reynolds and Moylan are playing for out of form sides. That's the crux of why I would have them miss out, how do you expect two players who have never played together before to beat the best team in rugby league when they can't even get it done at club level with their long term team mates?

Moylan has as many try and line break assists as Pearce and Maloney in an underperforming side. Give him a forward pack to play behind and a good backline he would do well.

skeepe

Immortal
1. Tedesco
2. Radradra
3. Croker
4. Walker
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. Reynolds
8. Fifita
9. Wallace
10. Paulo
11. Graham
12. Cordner
13. Trbojevic

14. Vaughan
15. Frizell
16. D. Saifiti
17. Peachey

mozza91

Coach
He has more tries, try assists, line breaks and line break assists than Dugan or Hayne who seem to be getting talked up as viable centre options.
I rate him as a club player his defensive improvements over the last few years have been massive. He just seems like the type of player who wouldn't be quick enough to play Origin or be able to thrive at that level, especially over a proven performer like Hayne. Only one way to find out though.