What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mascord: Kangaroo tours return 2019/2020; Great Britain to play Ashes Series

adamkungl

Immortal
There's simply no excuse for playing non-test sides.

When you have a potential 3 games against Australia
NZ
Tonga
Samoa
Fiji
PNG
Cook Islands
and even nations like Lebanon, the USA and Canada could piggy-back onto the tour, so to speak, seeing as a good chunk of their playing talent is in Australia

The only non-test side I could cop is Australian Indigenous, as another special team who are desperate for some meaningful opposition.
Leave Origin teams for Origin

roughyedspud

Coach
I've been telling everyone for years the negative impact GB will have on international RL..Infact there's not a single positive that can't be destroyed in a couple of sentences...

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't think GB is inherently a bad idea, but it has a lot of potential pitfalls if the timing is wrong or idiots get swept up in ridiculous nostalgia for the 70s

Pommy

Coach
I've been telling everyone for years the negative impact GB will have on international RL..Infact there's not a single positive that can't be destroyed in a couple of sentences...

The only positive is the opportunity to buy a good shirt.
England have failed totally in that respect.

roughyedspud

Coach
We'll fxxk me...the chance to buy a decent shirt..!I take it all back!

As someone who has bought just about every England shirt since 2008,the only bad ones have been the ones with the red cross on the chest,2shirts iirc,the rest have been,generally,fairly nice

roughyedspud

Coach
I don't think GB is inherently a bad idea, but it has a lot of potential pitfalls if the timing is wrong or idiots get swept up in ridiculous nostalgia for the 70s

Pitfalls...like losing 3-0 to Australia,losing 2-0 v QLD & NSW and then losing 2-0 v NZ

What a roaring success lol!

adamkungl

Immortal
Pitfalls...like losing 3-0 to Australia,losing 2-0 v QLD & NSW and then losing 2-0 v NZ

What a roaring success lol!

Getting beat by a non-test team would be embarrassing, and sadly very possible.

Ideally I'd hope for
Australia x3
NZ x1
Pacific Test winner 1 x1
Pacific Test winner 2 x1
Indigenous Australia x1

That'd be a cracking tour

Pommy

Coach
We'll fxxk me...the chance to buy a decent shirt..!I take it all back!

As someone who has bought just about every England shirt since 2008,the only bad ones have been the ones with the red cross on the chest,2shirts iirc,the rest have been,generally,fairly nice

I was being sarcastic lol. I don't want GB back.
I don't know, England RL shirts always seem to look cheap. I don't think there's a classic design ammongst them.
I even have the most recent one. If we could pull off a nice clean one for the World Cup like union and football manage I will be happy.

adamkungl

Immortal
Post examples of good and bad England jerseys lol, i've never understood the hate for them

I expect it's similar to NSW fans

Pommy

Coach
Post examples of good and bad England jerseys lol, i've never understood the hate for them

I expect it's similar to NSW fans

Similar in that they're awful lol.

Actually I really liked the Rorkes drift shirt but I wouldn't want it out normal one.

roughyedspud

Coach
2269.jpg

cid_44620A36-C8A0-40A2-A03F-4FE487F52FFA.jpg

Best ones

siv

First Grade
Getting beat by a non-test team would be embarrassing, and sadly very possible.

Ideally I'd hope for
Australia x3
NZ x1
Pacific Test winner 1 x1
Pacific Test winner 2 x1
Indigenous Australia x1

That'd be a cracking tour

Concept of playing these tests is good

But we should have multiple countries touring so that we have multiple games to offer to the TV networks as a package

roughyedspud

Coach
We'll have 1 GB team touring means 4 teams,eng,Wal,Scot & ire aren't,that a dozen plus tests that aren't being played...just so a team can run out in nicer jerseys!

adamkungl

Immortal
We'll have 1 GB team touring means 4 teams,eng,Wal,Scot & ire aren't,that a dozen plus tests that aren't being played...just so a team can run out in nicer jerseys!

There have already been hints that the Euro 6N will run concurrently to the GB tour.
So there's every chance those tests could still be played.

Pommy

Coach
There have already been hints that the Euro 6N will run concurrently to the GB tour.
So there's every chance those tests could still be played.

So the other home nations are going to be missing their best players to instead rep for GB?

adamkungl

Immortal
So the other home nations are going to be missing their best players to instead rep for GB?

Could be. Remember the talk about a 2nd string England playing in the 6N? Would fit, if the 1st stringers are over in Sydney in GB shirts

Pommy

Coach
Could be. Remember the talk about a 2nd string England playing in the 6N? Would fit, if the 1st stringers are over in Sydney in GB shirts

The second stringers will be in Sydney repping other home nations wearing GB shirts.

adamkungl

Immortal
Bump.. apparently Elstone has said that the sport has "too many international teams" to pad out our World Cup.
95% likely he's referring to the GB home nations as it's hard to figure out what else he'd be on about.

Don't be surprised to see SL pushing for a greater focus on GB tours in the near future and even less support for Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

Latest posts