What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Brutus

Referee
Megan Barnard.

Hottest female presenter in the Rugby League world. Not that there's much in the running, but she wins by a country mile.

And a Melbournian who hates rugby league. Has proven it in the past.

no name

Coach
Andrew Webster wants NRL journos to get as much access to players as the NBA journos get to NBA players.

He wonders why the clubs don't allow access prior to games and 15 minutes after games.
Here's a tip, if you and your fellow NRL journos weren't utter f**kwits you would get more access.

Also if NRL players were paid what those blokes are paid, they'd be up for it.

Andrew Webster wants NRL journos to get as much access to players as the NBA journos get to NBA players.

He wonders why the clubs don't allow access prior to games and 15 minutes after games.
Here's a tip, if you and your fellow NRL journos weren't utter f**kwits you would get more access.

Also if NRL players were paid what those blokes are paid, they'd be up for it.
Message for Webster and other journos. "Perhaps if you and your fellow journos were a lot more positive about Rugby League you might get a bit more access, the balls in you journos court"

mozza91

Coach
Message for Webster and other journos. "Perhaps if you and your fellow journos were a lot more positive about Rugby League you might get a bit more access, the balls in you journos court"
In their defence complaining and make shit up is a lot easier than doing research and writing positive articles.

undertaker

Coach

Here we go again with this "NRL needs more access to the players" crap that gets dished out ad nauseum by the likes of Paul Kent et al. When you see the rubbish that these hack journalists dish out, would you be so obliging, going out of you way to talk to people and media outlets who have betrayed the trust of the players multiple times in the past? If you want people to be close to you and be more open with you, you treat others the way you want to be treated.

In addition, I'd like to add that I'm not a fan of commentators interviewing players during the game (e.g. sideline commentators shoving a microphone infront of players walking off the field at half-time). Don't like all these cameras in dressing rooms as well. There is a certain time on game day that falls into the 'inner sanctum' territory, where the players have to be solely focused on the game, need their privacy and don't need all these unnecessary distractions from the media.

I know people will quickly bring up the point of the tv networks forking out millions and millions of dollars to televise the game, but it doesn't mean that they therefore have complete ownership of the players to the point where they can dictate when and where they can talk to a player. They don't own the players lives.

Here we go again with this "NRL needs more access to the players" crap that gets dished out ad nauseum by the likes of Paul Kent et al. When you see the rubbish that these hack journalists dish out, would you be so obliging, going out of you way to talk to people and media outlets who have betrayed the trust of the players multiple times in the past? If you want people to be close to you and be more open with you, you treat others the way you want to be treated.

In addition, I'd like to add that I'm not a fan of commentators interviewing players during the game (e.g. walking off the field at half-time). Don't like all these cameras in dressing rooms as well. There is a certain time on game day that falls into the 'inner sanctum' territory, where the players have to be solely focused on the game, need their privacy and don't need all these unnecessary distractions from the media.

I know people will quickly bring up the point of the tv networks forking out millions and millions of dollars to televise the game, but it doesn't mean that they therefore have complete ownership of the players to the point where they can dictate when and where they can talk to a player. They don't own the players lives.
Positive Rugby League news might help journos get access to the players. Negative Rugby League reports wont.

Andrew Webster is best mates with Phil Gould.

Does Andrew receive unfettered access to all Panthers players and staff pre and post match?

Incorrect

Coach
Webster is on an ESPN funded trip at the moment covering the NBA Finals so expect all sorts of gushing articles from his keyboard about NBA-this and Steph Curry-that in the next couple of weeks.... Pay no attention, it's basically cash for comment

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
it goes both ways, you want the game and its players to be more professional, more approachable?

the journos should be held to the same standard. i dont think players would mind as much if they had a professional who knew their shit asking decent questions, rather than any old person asking inane shit.

beave

Coach
I don't know why I do it to myself but I watched 'geniuss Only' tonight, had a chuckle at the review of the Titans season thus far

7AC3E63B-B263-44CF-A6E2-9F8D194544B7_zpszvsm2wqg.jpg

I didn't realise there was such a thing as an 'Outsanding kicking' game.......