What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld changes for game 2

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Great stuff. Just what QLD needed.

You watch the crying when someone dares point out that the NSW press are scum.

Both States' media are scum. Only some are able to admit it. A key example is the loyalty card crap. Do a google search and you'll find nary a mention of unconditional loyalty from Meninga, Walters or anyone else in the QLD camp over the years. It has been the media carrying on about it, but some here buy into it hook line and sinker.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Do a google search and you'll find nary a mention of unconditional loyalty from Meninga, Walters or anyone else in the QLD camp over the years.

Okay.

http://www.fogs.com.au/2015/05/13/why-meninga-will-keep-the-faith-with-maroons/

“But at the same time, Origin for Queenslanders remains a real family-oriented approach. We embrace each other, work for each other and support each other no matter what.

“Part of that is sticking by the players that have done the job for us in the past. It is the way Queensland has always done it, and history has shown that – even when players may not be in the best of form at club level – they are re-energised and can find another gear when they come into that family environment in Origin.

“I am a big believer in loyalty. I like to think that it is harder to get out of the Queensland team than it is to get in it. The players that are proven performers for us deserve that loyalty and respect.”

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Okay.

“But at the same time, Origin for Queenslanders remains a real family-oriented approach. We embrace each other, work for each other and support each other no matter what.

“Part of that is sticking by the players that have done the job for us in the past. It is the way Queensland has always done it, and history has shown that – even when players may not be in the best of form at club level – they are re-energised and can find another gear when they come into that family environment in Origin.

“I am a big believer in loyalty. I like to think that it is harder to get out of the Queensland team than it is to get in it. The players that are proven performers for us deserve that loyalty and respect.”

this is just more proof that poor kevvie is living in mal's shadow and was always walking into a poisoned chalice.

qld don't care for kevvie that their forward stocks are a laughing stock and that this is the last year for their most important players.

i do applaud kevvie for at least having a go, coz it's his job on the line and telling miles and lockyer to get f**ked

big hit!

Bench
Okay.

QLD selected under this policy in Game 1. It's why O'Neil and Oates were selected ahead of Slater and Holmes and the back line was structured the way it was and only Napa was brought into the forwards. It was basically sticking with the same guys who won the series last year.

Everyone criticised the Game 1 squad without Slater and including some spuds and old fellas. Now they're getting criticised for bringing in guns and getting rid of old spuds?

FFS! Make up your minds!

myrrh ken

First Grade
I'm not critical, just enjoying the shoe being on the other foot. We used to get laughed at on our squad selection, sometimes quite rightlym, and they would brandish their loyalty card.

Now the derpers have hit panic stations and are eating their own young.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Okay.

I can find quotes too:

"For me, we'll remain loyal as long as the players remain loyal to us and want to put in for the Queensland jersey and do the right thing."

"(With) natural attrition maybe this year we'll see a couple of new faces," he said.

"As time passes on we've got to make some tough decisions.

"At the end of the day, the players, if they're really honest with themselves and want to do the right thing by the program, they'll come to me and say maybe my time's up."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...to-queensland-maroons-veterans-for-st/6449990

In your quote Mal talks about players that may not have lightning form being given the chance to step up in Origin. In my earlier quote Mal talks about those players needing to actually step up in Origin..so yeah, not unconditional loyalty.

myrrh ken

First Grade
yeah nah.

The 'do the right thing" in your quote is to be honest with themselves and call it a day when the time is right. He talks about players having the "right and respect" to do that themselves like Hodges.

My quote is the closest thing you can get to unconditional loyalty.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
thaiday lillyman guerra certainly haven't called time on their origin careers, they didn't ask to get dumped for performance. even walters admitted thaiday wasn't happy with the decision when informed,

no squirming is going to absolve qld from biting themselves in their aaaaaasss.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
yeah nah.

The 'do the right thing" in your quote is to be honest with themselves and call it a day when the time is right. He talks about players having the "right and respect" to do that themselves like Hodges.

My quote is the closest thing you can get to unconditional loyalty.

And yet still not unconditional loyalty.

So "putting in for the jersey" means retiring to you?

I guess you missed this also - "As time passes on we've got to make some tough decisions."

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
thaiday lillyman guerra certainly haven't called time on their origin careers, they didn't ask to get dumped for performance. even walters admitted thaiday wasn't happy with the decision when informed,

no squirming is going to absolve qld from biting themselves in their aaaaaasss.

Congratulations - you just proved the point. When they don't perform they will be given the nudge.

FMD - Blue logic at it's best.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
so why bother using the word loyalty?
Loyalty does not equal stupidity.

There's no point being loyal if the players are not performing. Some of QLD's selections have been confusing, and even inconsistent over the years, but again - the loyalty card crap is pushed more by the media (and posters here) than anyone else.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Loyalty does not equal stupidity.

There's no point being loyal if the players are not performing. Some of QLD's selections have been confusing, and even inconsistent over the years, but again - the loyalty card crap is pushed more by the media (and posters here) than anyone else.

except meninga said it and kevvie and miles.....

myrrh ken

First Grade
Try reading the article that you posted princess

He's talking about the old players in the wake of Hodges decision to retire. He's talking about loyalty to players until they're too old to play on. Yes, if they don't put their hand up and do the right thing then they will make tough decisions.

But it doesn't really explain DCE or Oates now does it?

I dunno why you are trying to defend Big Mal on this one.

Latest posts