What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Brutus

Referee
It is an absolute joke they start the replays in prime time 8.30pm. Surely it wouldn't be hard to put another show on or replay an old game. Anything!!

JB Hi Fi recently had all the NRL 5-game DVD packages on sale.

I bought the lot. I don't care who is playing. Yesterday had Norths vs Manly semi 1991, the day before Steelers vs Sharks 1998.

Each afternoon or night I'm putting something different on. Wish they'd release more. NRL TV on Fox is a wasteland.

undertaker

Coach
It is an absolute joke they start the replays in prime time 8.30pm. Surely it wouldn't be hard to put another show on or replay an old game. Anything!!
Replay an old game any day of the week rather than seeing Rothfield's veiny face. Even if it's when Newcastle beat Souths 60-0.

Andrew Webster wants NRL journos to get as much access to players as the NBA journos get to NBA players.

He wonders why the clubs don't allow access prior to games and 15 minutes after games.
Here's a tip, if you and your fellow NRL journos weren't utter f**kwits you would get more access.

Also if NRL players were paid what those blokes are paid, they'd be up for it.

Just watching post match nba game 3...and the questions are broadcast.

I've always found it hilarious that tv in Australia can't show the rl journo asking the question just the response.

Probably protects the journos from embarrassment of the banal, trite, meaningless questions coaches and players have to endure..

DiegoNT

First Grade

I've always found it hilarious that tv in Australia can't show the rl journo asking the question just the response.

Probably protects the journos from embarrassment of the banal, trite, meaningless questions coaches and players have to endure..

Didn't they used to have post game press conferences as part of the monday night footy coverage? It was really as boring as watching paint dry. I can remember andy raymond spewing stats at the losing coach and captain and they were sort of 'ok buddy, whatever you say'.

I hate interviews on field, especially at half time. The players are usually to buggered to even speak. Just leave them the f**k alone. It's all cliches anyway. Either 'we just have to keep doing what we are doing' if they are winning or 'We'll regroup in the sheds and work on what we've done wrong going into the 2nd half' if they are losing.

I hate televised team songs. It's one thing i think should be kept within the team. It's a private moment of victory to share between mates. I'd hate if we took the afl approach and put the rotating camera to beam it live to us.

I want more bro hugs and spitting Gatorade and phlegm on the floor.

I particularly like seeing team support staff cleaning up after their players too.

I remember when soo had the build up then the players came out tunnel and it was on. Now, we see them in their sheds and like everything, its just boring. Who gives a f**k? I just want footy.

It's like if people came and watched me writing. The amount of tea making, swearing at thin air, clutching at straws and surfing the net I do, you couldn't imagine me actually creating anything productive.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I remember seeing a journo ask Le Bron after game 2, with the Cavs down 0-2, and the series heading to cleveland, whether they needed to win at home. It was one of the stupidest questions I've ever seen asked. Le Bron embarrassed that journo in front of the whole world.

In the nrl, that sort of inane questioning is an avery day thing

Life's Good

Coach

I'd be happy just being able to hear the question.

mozza91

Coach
Pretty special effort from Ben Elias to be comfortably the biggest wanker on a show containing Billy Moore and Paul Kent.

Reactions: Vee

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol thought Billy was going to put one on him. He kept looking at him in the same way you look at that loud mouthed obnoxious drunk at the table when your out for a drink with a group!