What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Can't say I blame Benny for dropping Hunt, players that claim they're relieved at securing their future at another club can't possibly be conducive to team harmony. Imo Cronk going no further than being indecisive is still enough to shake Melbourne's pedestal

For Hunt to go out in a blaze of glory he needed to not blow his load so early and loud, not get injured enough to provide an alternative and not underestimate the venom in the Old Rattler. Worse thing about Hunt moving on and Benny pretending to be satisfied with Benji is that he can't possibly be content with Milford as a playmaker

The Dragons won't be the only team that pays dearly, Benny has long ago became just a vestige of a Supercoach, every other club that wants to keep their playmaker had better lock him in tightly. Loyalty will never survive in RL as long as the NRL ignore helping to reward it . . . you reap what you sow

POPEYE

Coach
People will remember Bubba Kennedy but no-one who hasn't watched bush footy will know who Steve 'Boofy' Lane' is. I watched the pair play together for the Mudgee Dragons when they won the Group 10 gf. The story goes that Boofy trialed with a Sydney team, Souths I think it was, only to be badly injured in a car accident before he played a game . . . if anyone knows the details post them here please

Anyway, the dearth of great ball players in the NRL always reminds me of this bloke, he could easily have been another Cliffy Lyons, believe it or not he has/had the equal of any passing game I've seen in the NRL. One of his favourite tricks was to run diagonally one way with Bubba running the opposite diagonal behind him, pretend to pass the ball to someone running the same way but hold on to it and throw it over his shoulder to Bubba . . . you had to see it to believe it

Trivia aside, what I'm getting at is there are a lot of great playmakers, especially Indigenous, languishing in the bush for one reason or another, don't believe anyone who tells you NRL clubs have to poach from each other because there's no enough playmakers to be found

Below is a link to Bubba only a couple of years ago.

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....-the-footy-player-father-time-forgot-to-stop/

POPEYE

Coach
Manly could've won the game if the Uate try had of been disallowed, they probably would've let their customary slackening off wait a little longer while they scored again to compensate. Then again, the current Seagles are nothing like their predecessors, the last quarter of their games was once something to behold

The fact remains that Klein is a RL game serial killer, he did his best to atone later but to no avail, that last dropped ball by the Knights would have been as disappointing to him as it was to them. Who gives a shit anyway, it was only the Knights that suffered, I was pleased to see what might have been another nail in the coffin of 'Try/No Try'

Perhaps sooner rather than later all tries will go to video, KFC might have to pay a little more, if video can't conclude a try is scored or not let the game resume. The referee/linesmen should only adjudicate on what happens from posts to posts . . . unless the video blows a fuse. An obvious try would only take a fraction more time to rule on

POPEYE

Coach
I feel sorry for Rapana in the same way as I do Gagai, the Raiders should have shut down the last 5 minutes. Forget how good Moylan or anyone else was or wasn't, its f**king demoralising having Jordan's outstanding efforts going to waste time and again

POPEYE

Coach
How many teams would have equally as many players with numbers on their back they are unaccustomed to as the Eels. Penrith did well tonight with the number of youngsters they have but at least they play in the positions they know. Aside from me thinking the Eels have players in the wrong positions it still remains that Arthur needs to get his choices stabilised

POPEYE

Coach
Sticky might lack the ability to 'coach' the finishing touch, the dogged reserve, the answers to unexpected questions, the ability to change gears . . . but is he totally to blame. Is there someone in the team capable of throwing a spanner into the opposition works when the obvious is about to happen but is preventable

Maloney would've squeezed someone's nuts to create a fracas, Ennis would've interrupted the opposition's line of thought, Smith would've asked the referees nicely to think twice and DCE would've had a sledge to change direction

Hodgson might be a great player but he is not the one to create a diversion, especially by himself. The Raiders' playmakers, if you can call them that, need to come up with a Vaudeville act for special occasions, something Sticky doesn't need to orchestrate

POPEYE

Coach
Highlight of the weekend for me so far is the improvement Mansour has made to the Panthers. Moylan might deserve his pin-up status but no Mansour, or Edwards for that matter, Penrith wouldn't have been rejuvenated the way they were

You could chuck in Rein, along with Mansour he brings doggedness, the will to win needed to supercede whatever it was that Hook's mob used to dish up. Talent hanging on the wall is as useless as tits on a bull, Moylan might have been the beacon but player additions have been more of a catalyst for revelation imo

soc123_au

Staff member
Mansour is a stud, and was always going to be missed while he was recovering from injury. The bloke is worth every cent of his contract and some. I was lucky enough to be at the ground when the official announcement was made that he had re-signed last year. The reaction from the crowd left no doubt how much love there is for Sauce in Panther land. I hope he stays a Panther for life. Seems a really genuine humble man as well.

soc123_au

Staff member
Edwards is also a talent. He has what Moylan lacked at fullback. That determination and defensive positioning. In his few games he also looks like he knows where to be as a support player, seeing that develop is going to be pretty exciting. And hallaf**king lujah that Moylan is finally where he belongs.

POPEYE

Coach
Mansour is a stud, and was always going to be missed while he was recovering from injury. The bloke is worth every cent of his contract and some. I was lucky enough to be at the ground when the official announcement was made that he had re-signed last year. The reaction from the crowd left no doubt how much love there is for Sauce in Panther land. I hope he stays a Panther for life. Seems a really genuine humble man as well.
He's their missing link

POPEYE

Coach
McCrone reminded me of Johnson with his chain passing, a bloke as solid and dumb as he is should just put his head down and take a chance breaking the line . . . or least running to it. Said it before, Mann/Widdop should be the Halves, they've got to be worth more than 2 points

POPEYE

Coach
I reckon Flanno is the second best coach in RL, but I said that when most people wanted him thrown out of the game for incompetence so it was just probably a lucky guess. Someone said Bird was having second thoughts about leaving the Sharks, not the sharpest tool in the shed maybe he's worried Benny can't point as well as Flanno

I read what Shane said about Maloney on the Ikin/Kent rubbish tip and if it is reported accurately it gives people an idea how well Flanno reads the future. Maloney may have been the catalyst for Cronulla losing its cherry but no-one is going to dictate to the coach . . . I'm confident he can come up with a replacement for anyone

Hopefully McGregor, Brown, Barrett and any other coach that may show the intestinal fortitude of Flannigan will make their way through as well as he has. RL needs better coaches far more than the NRL needs to 'even up' the comp. It's a f**king pity the people running the game don't have the same ticker as some that are coaching it

POPEYE

Coach
Brothel of a round, this many ins and outs will rival the Daily Planet, Souths are one of the two teams that can have no excuse for a loss . . . then again they won't get any kudos if they win. Titans won't have to wait for the plane to land so they just might skip customs

Best thing in favour of Melbourne is they can afford to drop a game . . . that's for their supporters of course. I've nfi how the players of both sides see this game but it's NQ supporters we should all be barracking for, they don't deserve NRL Disease

If I had 10 grand to throw away I'd put it on the Tigers to beat the Sharks . . . just for the fun of it . . . love you Flanno

Eels are the other team that is expected to win . . . I was hoping Mary would experiment in a game he has an excuse for losing

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
If it wasn't for origin ray Thompson wouldnt still have a first grade gig. At least it gives some insight to the future with the kids been thrown in the mix.

POPEYE

Coach
If it wasn't for origin ray Thompson wouldnt still have a first grade gig. At least it gives some insight to the future with the kids been thrown in the mix.
As much as I'd like to I can't say Origin is a complete f**king abortion, the occasional youngster benefiting from it is a flicker of light in a dismal tunnel

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
As much as I'd like to I can't say Origin is a complete f**king abortion, the occasional youngster benefiting from it is a flicker of light in a dismal tunnel
Once upon a time this kid from of the 20s called Michael Morgan got chucked into the halves during the origin period. Didn't turn out too bad

POPEYE

Coach
Myles won't go any worse in Melbourne than he did at Manly, if anything he's better off where he's not expected to be the 'leading' forward. His days of being the go-to Front Rower are gone but he'll do what Bellamy asks of him . . . Myles>Ryles

Hayne should've been a comedian . . . well he is f**king comical . . . comparing himself to Slater is like Trump comparing himself to Lincoln

SKD should go to ESL, Joel Monaghan is still playing there and probably will equal the number of games he played in Australia before he's finished . . . I reckon Shaun would blitz 'em

Regardless of my ad nauseum deriding of Shaun Johnson I've always wanted the Warriors to win the cup, even if another Shield is beyond imagination. Kearney needs to tie his #7 to a chair and replay after replay how Moylan takes the line on . . . show how much difference it makes to a team previously going nowhere

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
a comp where you average one dry game out of every 4 may not be the best place for a centre who has hands like feet

POPEYE

Coach
a comp where you average one dry game out of every 4 may not be the best place for a centre who has hands like feet
You need to watch more ESL ol'mate, the Poms take the game as it is, they follow it because they like to go to games . . . 'getting outta the house' is their major pastime. They don't wank over players' discrepancies like we do and pretend they could do better