What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

saint.nick

Coach
Macca doesn't know shit, remember, deal is done lollllllll
Tbf he was talking about the fact Liverpool had agreed terms with VVD, no one was to know that Liverpool would f**k it up like that.

Also I don't think either of them ever sad Ox was actually done, it was just his feeling that Ox would move to Liverpool.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
That was posted by someone called Big D. Last thing Macca posted was before our official apology and Southhampton accepting it.

saint.nick

Coach
That was posted by someone called Big D. Last thing Macca posted was before our official apology and Southhampton accepting it.
Yeah, well I don't think he's actually posted anything since before Southampton reported us.

This Graeme Kelly guy is convinced it's still happening though.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah, well I don't think he's actually posted anything since before Southampton reported us.

This Graeme Kelly guy is convinced it's still happening though.
I think we should be trying to complete the deal. We've screwed around Southampton and VVD. We'll no doubt have to pay overs to get it done but it's somewhat the right thing to do.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
The only way this works is if VVD kicks up a stink and puts in a transfer request.

Even then it's no guarantee. He has 4 years left on his contract. Saints don't have to sell, and with new investors supposedly on the horizon, I don't think they'll sell their most valuable asset as their first piece of business.

The TV deal changed quite a bit, mid table clubs can demand clubs pay through the nose for their players, they don't need the cash to stay afloat.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We've already unsettled VVD illegally which is poor form and unsettling to Southampton going forward. If he hands in a transfer request we should be looking to complete the deal as amicably as possible.

If saints slap a £70m price tag on him then we should walk away obviously.

One thing that is annoying is the constant low balling and changing of terms we seem to offer players and clubs. We seem to go in with an almost insulting offer first up which imo puts us way behind the 8 ball from the get go.

Haffa

We've already unsettled VVD illegally which is poor form and unsettling to Southampton going forward. If he hands in a transfer request we should be looking to complete the deal as amicably as possible.
I'd be waiting the see how his knee holds up in preseason.

Foz

Bench
Some media like to link us with certain players each year.
Phillipe Mexes and Dani Alves used to have their names linked with us each year.
The modern day version seems to be Piere-Emerick Aubameyang.
Any guy that plays under Klopp gets linked but Since Klopp became manager Aubameyangs name is linked like a broken record.
Don't get me wrong it'd be great to sign him but could we prioritise some defenders first.
Here we are letting Wisdom go who falls into the category of defenders at Liverpool who don't get given a go like certain others and we have the worst defence in the top 6.
I get the impression we're a more attractive destination for attackers than defenders.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Some media like to link us with certain players each year.
Phillipe Mexes and Dani Alves used to have their names linked with us each year.
The modern day version seems to be Piere-Emerick Aubameyang.
Any guy that plays under Klopp gets linked but Since Klopp became manager Aubameyangs name is linked like a broken record.
Don't get me wrong it'd be great to sign him but could we prioritise some defenders first.
Here we are letting Wisdom go who falls into the category of defenders at Liverpool who don't get given a go like certain others and we have the worst defence in the top 6.
I get the impression we're a more attractive destination for attackers than defenders.
So if the media create a tenuous link between Liverpool and Aubameyang, that must mean that Liverpool are prioritising attackers ahead of defenders? Come on mate you surely know that sounds f**king stupid.

Latest posts