What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Extreme Rules was actually pretty good, the main event was a great story for what it was, a few title changes on the card, overall a pretty good show.

PeteyFirth

Juniors
B+ shows. Much better than expected. Really happy to see Joe go over.

Who here thinks WWE has the nerve to put the title on him at (*shudder*) Great Balls of Fire?

azzah72

Bench
Nah, they've become too pedestrian. They want Lesnar vs reigns with a side of Braun.

That's what we are getting, Joe is only happening because of braun's injury.

In saying that, I'm digging seeing Brock vs Joe, it was my dream Match 10 years ago and although neither at their peak now, they can still go.

I think they started the feud off well today too, making g sure they kept joe as the no f**ks given badass who's not afraid.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So, silly question - is Reigns over, or not?

Are the crowd booing him, or doing his pre-spear roar?

Btw I thought his match with Bray was awesome.

Love him or hate him, the guy is getting better every week, imo.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
He is absolutely getting better, and the crowd killing him has forced him to go to another gear, and it will eventually pay off, just need him to have a short heel turn.

Cage match was fun, main event was all good, all I've seen of the show so far. Joe's facial expressions after winning = gold. The guy is f**king money, man. Always has been.

Looking forward to seeing what he and Brock can put together. Obvs Lesnar is going over, but taking him to suplex city will f**king kill Joe, man.

Valheru

Coach
Extreme rules was a decent wrestling show.

I mocked the DQ stipulation but they didn't take the easy way out and used it perfectly. It was a very well worked wrestling match.

The mixed tag and women's match were both filler with the only thing of note Bayley being completely buried

Cage match was passable but as with any cage match with the same stipulation (apart from Bret/Owen), the escape rule just doesn't work especially when both men have to escape. It would have been match better under tornado tag rules.

Main event was very good and at least gives us something to look forward to n July.

I wonder if Creative have the balls to turn him heel...

They need to turn him in a big way. If they were to give him some small scale turn then he would get cheered because it's what the fans want. I feel his bell to bell work has always been very good, he's just getting booked poorly. The whole "get beaten down for 10-15 minutes then laugh a comeback and win" is so cliched now that it is no longer an effective way to get a face over.

That said, Lesnar vs Joe? Take my money! All of it, they're off to a great start. There's a way to book it with Brock going over and Joe looking like a monster still, I just hope Brock isn't too lazy/apathetic to go along with it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to see Joe and Brock in a stipulation match, like a submission match or Iron Man match or some such thing.

I'm just not getting into this whole untouchable Brock bullshit, where he turns out for PPV's and squashes guys.

It's just an endless mincer. Which lump of meat do we throw to Brock and have him f**k their title aspirations for this month?

Brock needs to be on RAW. Regularly. Not always in matches, but that would be good.

I know many here think it's great because it makes the achievement of winning the gold something really impressive, but is it really that good to have a title so near unattainable?

Big Pete

Referee
Hopefully they give them some creative freedom. The Miz & Maryse comparison is obvious, but they were able to avert it somewhat by focusing on Allie, Laurel & Braxton. I'm not sure entirely what they can do, but as long as they put them in an angle and give Maria some degree of power I'm sure they can conjure up a decent angle.

Big Pete

Referee
Money in the Bank was a sub-par show filled with far too many controversial finishes. By the time Corbin won, it actually felt predictible and if I had have gone out of my way to attend I would have felt ripped off.

The Mike and Maria debut was fine. They nailed the entrance theme, it's just a matter of committing to the bit. Give Mike a few squash matches, get his stuff over and then pair him off against somebody.

Last edited:
I don't mind Elsworth getting involved but that finish was stupid. Have him get to the top and then have Charlotte or someone tip the ladder over on him so he gets wiped out and have Carmella retrieve it herself later. It kind of made the whole match pointless.

To go from there and have 2 more screwy finishes in a row was stupid. Thankfully Randy was in the following match (in his hometown) so the crowd wasn't killed completely. I am fine with Corbin winning, the briefcase will suit his character more than any of the other guys at the moment.

Personally I am not a fan of this PPV for Smackdown, the roster is too skinny and as a result they haven't been able to do anything of meaning on the brand, and have just had everyone trade wins. It would have worked better for Raw, which has a little more depth to it. Hopefully we can get some good stuff going forward, it's a strong roster.

Latest posts