What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Generalzod

Immortal
Im still puzzled by this, Shane was a North Sydney supporter who was devastated by News Limited punting his team so ended up going for Melbourne who were News Ltd owned?
Do you honestly think that if it wasn't for the likes of News Limited they would have won so many premierships, and yet he comes on radio rubbishing clubs like the Sharks , Manly and make out how poorly run they are....I don't know which year it was that news limited has sold of the Storm, but one thing I know is that it was a guaranteed from news limited that they will continue funding it for a few years more...Talk about a level playing field...
This is just my opinion but seriously with all the premierships that this team has won has Rugby League really made inroads in Victoria.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Have listened to the first 30 mins today. Has revolved around caller after caller predicting the score and MoM and Two Tits sarcastically questioning people who have Qld winning and their MoM picks. Like being stabbed in the eye with a stick listening to this sh!t and it's half an hour of my life I won't get back.

I almost hope the Blues get beat tonight just to listen to the QLD'ers ring up and give it to those two cocky wankers en masse. They're carrying on like the series has already been won.

Mr Saab

Referee
Predicting the score and Man of the Match....what do you win? A Kenny Rogers cassette?

Couldnt think of anything more of a waste of time than calling and giving your score predictions for no gain. "Yeah i think NSW will win 11 - 5 with M.O.M Jack Trobojevic"

At least when i did it in 1993 on Peter Bosleys 2UE sports today show I won a NSW jersey with correct score and MOM.

Not in the car yet but I can picture it.

Caller: "Yeah I think the Maroons will edge them out and send it to a decider, I'll say 18-14 with Smith MOM."

Mantits: "Huh durrrrr, what you think you blokes are in with a chance? Hur durrrrr."

Hughes: "If Smith isn't allowed to referee this game it'll be a long night for your blokes."

Caller: "I'm not even a QLD supporter, just objective..."

Mantits: "Hur durrrrrr" *insert dad joke*

Am I close?

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Y

Caller: "Yeah I think the Maroons will edge them out and send it to a decider, I'll say 18-14 with Smith MOM."

Mantits: "Huh durrrrr, what you think you blokes are in with a chance? Hur durrrrr."

Hughes: "If Smith isn't allowed to referee this game it'll be a long night for your blokes."

Am I close?
You are spot on and I'm not just saying that!

Iafeta

Referee
Im still puzzled by this, Shane was a North Sydney supporter who was devastated by News Limited punting his team so ended up going for Melbourne who were News Ltd owned?

Shane rings in to Talkin Sport with the Boys and Mantits (yes, my first sledge that's taken off on LU lol). The fact he calls in at all tells you all you need to know about his character or lack thereof.

Iafeta

Referee

Am I close?

The only thing you missed was

"And I just want to add, I've been writing to the NSW Police Commissioner and the DPP, I can tell you you haven't heard the last abouts Coffs Harbour as lodging an incorrect allegation against the Bulldogs is a hangable offence".

Generalzod

Immortal
The only thing you missed was

"And I just want to add, I've been writing to the NSW Police Commissioner and the DPP, I can tell you you haven't heard the last abouts Coffs Harbour as lodging an incorrect allegation against the Bulldogs is a hangable offence".
I haven't been listening but is he still carrying on about it ? What's the point no charges where laid anyway.

Iafeta

Referee
TBF I haven't heard him say it lately. I haven't listened too closely though, the lols became too much and I was nearly having accidents such was the heartiness of my lols listening to Robbo and Mantits. But there was a period there where it was as common an occurrence as a newsreader bungling the English language.

Mr Saab

Referee
Todays theme from the callers will be "The refs were shocking"

Gavin will spout his usual "show some humility" to QLD fans who call in and big note the situation

Vozzy

Juniors
I actually find the bits with "Adrian" the best. He gets under the skin of Graham Hughes and Brett Papworth so much it's hilarious. These idiots don't understand that people like Adrian are good for their ratings yet they cut him off because he comes across rude. He isn't rude he is just tells them how it is.

I remember Gavin Robertson coming to my school doing a talk about job interviews and believing in yourself and never let anyone tell you your not good enough. Blah blah blah. Saying that's what he got in the media. Dude you played cricket for Australia stop bullshiting.

Mr Saab

Referee
I heard 20 mins of the show. Robbo was spinning bullshit that its good NSW didn't win as it would be too easy & they wouldn't learn from it. I almost ran off the road. Pay peanuts...you get....

Latest posts