What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston out for the remainder of season!

Jimmy779

Juniors
Does this mean that NSW have slightly higher chance of winning Origin now, Thurston is the heart of the team and runs the team around, I do realise that Slater is still on the team but he didn't do a whole lot in game 2 except for his grubbyness and the occasional run from the kick.

Thurston's kick was the only reason the gronks actually won.

carcharias

Immortal
no Darius either

NSW should win well

QLD can only arse so many wins before even they run out of luck.

1 year too long for the team??
Smith Slater and Cronk could end up going out of origin as losers.

Shorty

Staff member
Slater had a hand in a couple of trys so I think you're under estimating his influence.
But yeah I'd say NSW are easy favourites now.

OldPanther

Coach
Cronk is the vocal organiser. You could see it when he got sent off last year and he gave instructions to JT before leaving. They will miss JT'S attacking spark though.

gUt

Coach
Replacing Boyd isn't that hard. Replacing Thurston is tough but there are decent enough candidates.

We're f**ked if we lose a Napa or McGuire though...

Spud

Juniors
Hoping Munster comes in to 5/8, an all storm spine should at least keep things somewhat familiar

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Replacing Boyd isn't that hard. Replacing Thurston is tough but there are decent enough candidates.

We're f**ked if we lose a Napa or McGuire though...
As a NSW fan I am still disappointed he wont be there for his last Origin .....I think JT is an absolute legend.....he will be sorely missed by Qld even if just for his presence on the field.....but who knows his pressure kicks from the sideline in game 2 that got the Maroons over the line may just have been the icing on tbe cake for the series

Reactions: gUt

Spot On

Coach
Does this mean that NSW have slightly higher chance of winning Origin now, Thurston is the heart of the team and runs the team around, I do realise that Slater is still on the team but he didn't do a whole lot in game 2 except for his grubbyness and the occasional run from the kick.

Thurston's kick was the only reason the gronks actually won.

Not a personal attack on you but it is this type of thinking NSW seem to employ and end up winning..... f**k all.

We will play a second string QLD side and there is every chance we will ..... still lose.

There's something inherently wrong with the NSW organisation, the attitude of some of the players and the tactics (or lack of) that were on show Wednesday night. I'm not sure if it will change any time soon either.

If we lose this series it will be one of the worst performances from a NSW origin team - of all time.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Thurston was injured in the 2nd game so was basically invisible anyway so game 3 will be no different without him there

New Choke Wales to choke again

Spot On

Coach
Thurston was injured in the 2nd game so was basically invisible anyway so game 3 will be no different without him there

New Choke Wales to choke again

Our brains trust decided to make sure he didn't have to do anything in defence for most the second half. They didn't want to offend anyone in QLD or the media by targetting the future immortal when he was clearly hurt.

What a bunch of dumb shits.

Do they have the brains to beat a second string side????

Latest posts