What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne, Maloney and Graham

simmo05

Bench
Can we add Woods to the list too? Soft, slow runs, glacier like ptb's especially near the end, fmd its painfull to watch.

Travitoh

First Grade
Hayne was the one of only two Blues who tried to win the game in the second half as opposed to the rest who were playing to not lose. The two errors with the ball are just as much to do with terrible passes as they are his ability. If one of the hit him on the torso NSW win.
Look at the Gagai match winner and how he comes inside off his line to get the ball and score in the space provided by defenders moving across to defend the corner and then look at Morris keeping to the touchline. Hayne did the right thing in backing himself in but Morris should've provided an option and left one or two of the defenders with a decision to make.

The reaction that Hayne has recieved from his game on Wednesday night is a compliment of the high standards that are expected of him and i expect he'll be best on in game 3

T-Boon

Coach
It's got to do with the fact that he was picked on reputation of the 2014 series which pisses me off. Same thing happened with a few Panther players. I don't care how good someone was years ago, I care how good they are today.

He was picked in game 2 because he had an excellent game in game 1. He played so well in game 1 that his detractors (starting with Vautin on the nine commentary) had to fabricate a narrative where "he defended badly".

OldPanther

Coach
He was picked in game 2 because he had an excellent game in game 1. He played so well in game 1 that his detractors (starting with Vautin on the nine commentary) had to fabricate a narrative where "he defended badly".

I was talking about his selection in game 1.

T-Boon

Coach
I was talking about his selection in game 1.

But didn't he prove you wrong in game 1.
Were you calling for him to be dumped after game 1?

In my opinion he did in game 1 what he has done almost every origin match he has play.

OldPanther

Coach
But didn't he prove you wrong in game 1.
Were you calling for him to be dumped after game 1?

In my opinion he did in game 1 what he has done almost every origin match he has play.

I wouldn't have minded bit of form drop. Especially since he's got a history of service but the selfishness is off putting. I don't want us to lose a series because he's trying to pad his highlights.

T-Boon

Coach
I wouldn't have minded bit of form drop. Especially since he's got a history of service but the selfishness is off putting. I don't want us to lose a series because he's trying to pad his highlights.

A lot of people want Hayne dropped for Jennings. I can assure you Jennings never passes to his winger unless he absolutely has to.
Hayne backed himself. In hindsight it was the wrong call and possibly cost us the game, but I doubt he was trying to pad his stats. He just has a great history of getting to the try line in those circumstances.
The second half brain snap pass was unforgivable.

OldPanther

Coach
A lot of people want Hayne dropped for Jennings. I can assure you Jennings never passes to his winger unless he absolutely has to.
Hayne backed himself. In hindsight it was the wrong call and possibly cost us the game, but I doubt he was trying to pad his stats. He just has a great history of getting to the try line in those circumstances.
The second half brain snap pass was unforgivable.

If it's between Hayne or Jennings I'll take Hayne.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Look at the Gagai match winner and how he comes inside off his line to get the ball and score in the space provided by defenders moving across to defend the corner and then look at Morris keeping to the touchline. Hayne did the right thing in backing himself in but Morris should've provided an option and left one or two of the defenders with a decision to make.

The reaction that Hayne has recieved from his game on Wednesday night is a compliment of the high standards that are expected of him and i expect he'll be best on in game 3

Got to disagree with you here on Hayne making the right play...the space you refer to inside is created by Hayne sliding - if Hayne backs off when Morgan heads towards Morris, Morris covers him and Hayne then covers the hole Gagai runs through.

It is as much about a good play by Morgan as it is about Hayne not getting sucked in...but where the sliding defence gets to the sideline, it was Haynes responsibility to make the right read and swap the defence of Morgan with Morris and stop the inside play by Gagai.

Travitoh

First Grade
Got to disagree with you here on Hayne making the right play...the space you refer to inside is created by Hayne sliding - if Hayne backs off when Morgan heads towards Morris, Morris covers him and Hayne then covers the hole Gagai runs through.

It is as much about a good play by Morgan as it is about Hayne not getting sucked in...but where the sliding defence gets to the sideline, it was Haynes responsibility to make the right read and swap the defence of Morgan with Morris and stop the inside play by Gagai.

I should've worded it better but i was comparing Gagai's match winner with Hayne's effort to score in the corner where Morris stays on the touchline. I feel that if Morris cuts in behind Hayne, he recieves the ball and leaves the Queensland defence wrongfooted as their all sliding to stop Hayne.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Sadly Hayne is washed up now,he has actually always taken the selfish option in his career and 99% of the time it payed off but that was when he was in his prime,now he a washed up slow merkin

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
raudonikis should f**k off. the merkin goes on about how the QLD sheds was like a morgue after game 1, but NSW sheds after game 2 was like a loss in any other game, so highlighting Origin passion and lack of for NSW.

well, QLD legends don't eat their own either like this past it merkin does. Andrew "i'm paid for my opinions" Johns is same. Lockyer didn't publicly bury his state after Game 1.

what a hypocritical old merkin
You do realise Lockyer is a Queensland selector. So basically he would have been bagging himself out, right?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Uncle Wayne will be getting a Christmas card from me this year.

Wayne Bennett roasts Jarryd Hayne over Origin mistakes

WAYNE Bennett rarely sticks the boot into rival players, but in the case of Jarryd Hayne’s “selfish” blunder on Wednesday night, the supercoach was prepared to make an exception.

Just a few weeks ago, the Broncos mentor was gruffly calling for critics to lay-off the former NFL star after his turbulent start to 2017 with the Gold Coast Titans and reported angst within the club’s playing group surrounding his training habits.

He didn’t lay-off the NSW centre on Thursday morning following the Hayne Plane’s hot and cold performance in Queensland’s 18-16 win in Origin II at ANZ Stadium.

While Hayne has been criticised for a number of clunky brain snaps, including his attempt to pull off a miracle round-the-back flick pass to Brett Morris in the first half, Bennett’s greatest gripe with Hayne’s performance in Game 2 came earlier when the former Eels star butchered what should have been the knockout blow for the Blues.

After Valentine Holmes gave Queensland the perfect start, NSW enjoyed a period of absolute dominance, scoring three tries in 11 minutes to put Queensland on the ropes.

Hayne scored near the sideline on the back of a NSW overlap in the 16th minute.

Brett Morris finished off a slick linebreak dart from James Maloney in the 24th minute.

Then Mitchell Pearce popped up to finish off a sweet run from James Tedesco off the back of a clever short ball from Jake Trbojevic.

Suddenly it was 16-6.

A few minutes later, Hayne had the moment to surely kill off Queensland when he found himself two-on-one with Maroons winger Dane Gagai and opted not to throw the pass to unmarked winger Morris before he was wrapped up.

The try went begging.

It should have been the knockout punch. At 22-6, the game is over.

Bennett highlighted Hayne’s decision, which was described by some Origin commentators as “selfish” and a “showboat” move, as one of the decisive moments which cost NSW the win.

“For Jarryd Hayne, there’s no excuses for why he didn’t pass the ball to Morris,” Bennett told Triple M Brisbane’s Marto, Ed and Robin.

“It’s about taking your chances and Queensland, all through the second half, they just kept playing it out, playing it out. That’s what makes them so good.”

When asked if he was coaching Hayne if he would have given Hayne a spray, Bennett said Hayne simply had to know better than to run the ball on his own.

“Last night, I would have said it to them as they were leaving the field,” he said.

“He’s too good a player for him to do what he did. If he’s a young guy just learning his trade and all that then that can happen. But that guy is a champion player and he made a very poor decision.”

Bennett also highlighted Wade Graham’s poor discipline as another moment where Queensland’s class trumped the Blues’ enthusiasm.

Graham firstly ran out of the line and missed a tackle on Maroons star Josh McGuire, leading to the Maroons’ second try.

Then, with the game on the line, the Cronulla star was penalised for raking the ball out of the hands of a Queensland player, leading to Dane Gagai’s staggering try in the 77th minute off the back of another miracle flick pass by Michael Morgan.

“NSW were pretty calm,” he said.

“They were much better than they have been. It always gets down to the little things. There was two or three little moments in the second half that proved the difference. When Graham shot out of the line instead of staying put that second try doesn’t happen.”

Bennett said the Queensland victory was built around the selection changes made after the Maroons’ 28-4 loss in the series opener.

“What they did in the second game they should have done in the first game,” he said.

“The team they picked in the second game was the difference for them. It should have been done in the first game, but it wasn’t. So they did change which was good and they got themselves a victory.’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...s/news-story/8598f9d61dd302d0569804c775669f38

And for comedy relief,even Tommy the Tomato Tapdancer has his two bobs worth directed at the side,especially Hayne.

Blues legend Tommy Raudonikis slams New South Wales

CATTLEDOG! Blues legend Tommy Raudonikis has come out swinging following New South Wales’ defeat to Queensland in game two of the State of Origin series.

New South Wales looked like they had one hand on the Origin shield, when they led Queensland at halftime, but a stirring second half display saw the Maroons steal a stunning 18-16 win to force a decider in Brisbane.

Raudonikis blasted the Blues for their attitude, saying Laurie Daley’s men lacked the killer instinct and were simply out-enthused by the Maroons — something the former New South Wales great says continues to separate the two sides in the Origin arena.

“I couldn’t believe New South Wales got beaten,” Raudonikis said on Nine’s The Footy Show.

“Did not score a point in the second half — that is disgraceful, I really mean that.

“I know someone that went into the Queensland dressing room at Lang Park (Suncorp Stadium) after game one, and it was like somebody died. Nobody spoke. Heads were hung low, people were crying.

“Our dressing room last night, nowhere like the Queensland dressing room. Blokes were talking to each other like nothing happened. That is the difference between Queensland and New South Wales — and it’s called passion.”

The former Blues Origin coach said he would make two changes for the series decider at Suncorp Stadium, replacing two New South Wales stars that he feels let the side down massively in game two.

“Jarryd Hayne on your performance last night, especially your second half, I wouldn’t pick you for the third and deciding match,” Raudonikis said.

“When you made the break down the left-hand side, you had (Brett) Morris outside and you decided to go inside. I don’t know what you were doing.

“You pass him the ball, he scores, that puts us in front again!”

“He (Hayne) has got to go. He misses too many tackles and he’s not as good as he thinks he is.

“The other bloke who has to go is (Mitchell) Pearce — didn’t see him in the second half.

“What did he do? — Nothing!”

The former Australian representative did manage to put his fierce New South Wales patriotism to one side momentarily, applauding the performance of Queensland star Johnathan Thurston in game two.

Raudonikis agreed with the assessment of several post-game, who said the Blues failed to send enough traffic at Thurston given his shoulder injury.

But Raudonikis said the gritty display from the Queensland five-eighth just again reaffirmed his quality.

“When you’ve got a player, and he will be the next immortal, Johnathan Thurston, running around the oval with a crook shoulder and a crook knee — nobody hit him,” Raudonikis said.

“Was he a protected species? Why wasn’t Pearce on him and on him and on him.

“Getting him by the ear, grabbing him by the leg, whatever.

“He (Thurston) just led his side with courage, and that’s what the Queenslandanders have got and we haven’t at this stage.

“Johnathan Thurston — you are a champion.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bl...s/news-story/66b3d8c3236833955566069cc060275e

Well,there you go.From the mouths of two very notable ppl in the game.(O.K.,just one then...as Tommy quipped "“You pass him the ball, he scores, that puts us in front again!”") :)

Tommy is loveable but pretty much mentally geniused.

Bennett is Qld and preaches good clean living for his players but his life and he is a massive lie.

Hayne played bad but he is in my team.