What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Brisbane Club

I think part of the expansion plan needs to be to get rid of some Sydney teams as well.
Crowds etc show that 6 Sydney is more than enough. So I would relocate 3 (maybe even 4) Sydney teams into the non NRL regions you are talking about. Perth, Adelaide, Wellington, Christchurch.

With more teams you can also have each team playing less games which is necessary.
I think the Roosters should be moved to the CC.
For me they offer nothing to Sydney.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
To me the nrl clubs are the problem, it's amazing to me that they have so much power when the nrl keeps them alive with cash, well most of them anyway. Roosters need to go, maybe either the panthers or the west tigers ?.

I think we do need to kill off at least 2 Sydney clubs, add 2 more to Brisbane, another Kiwi team, SA and Perth.

Someone mentioned about the GC stadium being ages away from anything, agreed.... it's a problem and wasn't thought out. Stadium locations are a problem, I'm guessing it's a problem in Sydney, I went to origin in Sydney at anz like 4 years ago, what a hassle, no wonder no bulldog fans attend games lol.

Suncorp is nicely located with pubs and restaurants a 2 min walk away, I know that helps me and friends go to bronco games, because it's not just spending an hour on a train or in a car in shit traffic to attend a game, it's a meal first, game... then drinks,

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Trust me when I say that I'm all for rationalising Sydney, however I wouldn't do it through relocation, but it's pretty obvious to me that the NRL doesn't have the balls to rationalise Sydney, I mean the clubs effectively run the NRL and I can't see them rationalising themselves, hell they wont even let the competition expand so I doubt they'll see the wisdom in rationalisation.

So being realistic the NRL only has 4-6 expansion spots left in her, so if Brisbane gets 2 of those spots who misses out?

THe clubs are weirdly united at this point, i just dont see that continuing long term....

I think the big mistake the ARLC has made so far is not playing them off against each other. Do we really think clubs will stand united if the ARLC held out a carrot for only the first few teams to agree on any position. Its pretty basic game theory.

With the clubs in charge, i do think rationalisation/relocation is likely once the "big" clubs really solidify their positions. ATM i think it is a fear of a slippery slop that has the teams united ("if the bottom team is moved on, i am one place closer to that bottom rung"), but once that is gone, i think the big clubs will turn on the little ones.

Its the sydney clubs who have most to benefit from lest sydney teams (more fans, sponsors, etc to go around). The ARLC should be trying to stir that self interest....

taipan

Referee
Based on what I have seen recently .A 2nd Brisbane side and an Adelaide side(only 1/2 hour away timewise) who rolled up in their numbers instead of Perth.

Golden point

Juniors
It's a sad state of affairs. Everybody's sticking to thier sports code like it is an election. Like your life will be different whether one's more successful than the other?? Or your only allowed to pick 1 and watch 1 ??
The biggest thing that I find a massive turnoff is when so called fans use business analysis. Like it's a contest or who can make the most money.... if the people in position ever really just loved the game it would be massive..many games have done this..our so called competition.. but there success was born out of a pure love for thier game.

The Great Dane

First Grade
It's a sad state of affairs. Everybody's sticking to thier sports code like it is an election. Like your life will be different whether one's more successful than the other?? Or your only allowed to pick 1 and watch 1 ??
The biggest thing that I find a massive turnoff is when so called fans use business analysis. Like it's a contest or who can make the most money.... if the people in position ever really just loved the game it would be massive..many games have done this..our so called competition.. but there success was born out of a pure love for thier game.

I think you are conflating two different things, yes there are the code warriors out there, but most people who do those sorts of business analysis, participation comparisons, etc, do so not because they hate AFL, RU, etc, but because they love RL and they find it sad that the people that run RL in this country are allowing it to be drowned out by other sports (such as AFL) all over the country because they're either to scared to back it or are to selfish to allow it to grow for fear of losing their control of it.

To be honest the only time I think about AFL is when I find out that Andrew Barr and the ACT government are further undermining sport in the ACT by effectively subsidising Aussie rules in Western Sydney using ACT taxpayers dollars.
I honestly wouldn't have a problem with the ACT government spending that money on an AFL club if that AFL club was based in Canberra (I should say that I wouldn't have a problem with most of that money, there're some dodgy dealings going on that I'd still have a problem with, and I'd expect the Raiders, Brumbies, Capitals, etc, grants to be raise to the same percentage that the AFL team gets, but that talk is for another time), just like I don't have a problem with the money that they spend on the Brumbies or any of the other ACT based teams.

So it's not really about the sport it's self it's about the stuff that goes on in the background, and more often then not the people doing these comparisons are doing it to show their anger at the NRL, the people that run RL, and the people that report on RL, not at any other sport or the people that run it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Bull shit....

Latest posts