What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelaide making play for NRL games

The Great Dane

First Grade
I agree but that's not what I'm even suggesting. Think moreso about how the Rabbitoh's have treated Western Australia. Yes they want the $$$ but they're building a solid Western Australian Rabbitohs fanbase, also at the same time strengthening a local NRL bid and local support for rugby league.

My bad I misunderstood.

Diesel

Referee
With the cash that the ARLC has now, what would it cost to take two teams to Tassie for a week during the Origin period? SFA in the scheme of things and I'd imagine highly beneficial in the mid-longer run.

I've heard that some in Tassie are growing disalousioned with AFL as their request for a team has been overlooked several times and there is the North/South rivarly going on too.

2-3 games a year including a trial and who knows a few years down the track what'll happen

Greenstar5

Juniors
Awesome crowd in Adelaide.
This is where the NRL need to see what went right, what didnt and improve on it.

Would like to see the Roosters commit to a 5 or 10 year deal to play 1 game a year at the Adelaide Oval each season.

Dont have this game in the round either side or origin. That way the big names can be there.

Dont just always have Roosters vs Storm, mix up the away team.

Have some curtain raisers prior to first grade. Make a day of it. A RL festival for the Festival State. Kids free tickets, cheap tickets for adults, players to engage with the crowd after the game, promote the game in the weeks leading up to it.

Back up the momentum by securing a RL international; Australia vs New Zealand.

Announce that the NRL would be happy to have a Origin game in Adelaide. See if the SA government would be willing to pay for one over thr next 10 years.

Get NRL games off gem and onto Channel 9 for South Australian TV.

Finally keep improving the local grass roots RL in South Australia.

adamkungl

Immortal
Bring them back

Adelaide-Pandas.jpg

Hawkins

Juniors
Does Adelaide have cocaine?

Because that would be a condition for the sharks.

Not a deal breaker however, I'm sure they'd be willing if the promise was broadly drugs

taipan

Referee

Not a deal breaker however, I'm sure they'd be willing if the promise was broadly drugs

Are we supposed to chortle ,laugh or continue sniffing?Sharks have head their problems ,but please.
Duges and Carney were wonderful additions due to the PR work in the local ACT community ATT.
Sandor says hi BTW.

At the current rate of how the SA economy is going, and their additional Bank tax in desperation,perhaps the Sharks could do a takeover bid.
Trouble is their SA power supply would be so unreliable,you'd be working in the dark, most of the time.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Gee.. The crowd in Perth was terrible tonight...

Should more effort and money be being spent on Adelaide to leapfrog Perth for NRL expansion?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes of course it should lol. Let's ignore the20k crowds in Perth for the last 5 years and change direction based on one stormy weather crowd.
Oh and let's ignore the WA Jnr pathways and Snr comps that are a decade ahead of SA. But yes good idea buffalo.

Ps there is no expansion in case you hadn't noticed.

Travitoh

First Grade
It was a great night and if the NRL/Roosters continue to show interest in Adelaide as a potential rugby league town then the public will get behind it.
State of Origin being live on free to air in recent years has done the game wonders in terms of interest here and there is a generation growing up knowing names like Billy Slater, Jonathan Thurstan and Greg Inglis. That is the audience to target in expansion areas.
You only need to look at the crowds that the Crows and Power get at Adelaide Oval to see that we love attending our sports. We're still a little way off having our own team i believe but i expect that if we got 2-3 games a year that they would be well attended as interest and even just awareness of the NRL grows.

King hit

Coach
It was a great night and if the NRL/Roosters continue to show interest in Adelaide as a potential rugby league town then the public will get behind it.
State of Origin being live on free to air in recent years has done the game wonders in terms of interest here and there is a generation growing up knowing names like Billy Slater, Jonathan Thurstan and Greg Inglis. That is the audience to target in expansion areas.
You only need to look at the crowds that the Crows and Power get at Adelaide Oval to see that we love attending our sports. We're still a little way off having our own team i believe but i expect that if we got 2-3 games a year that they would be well attended as interest and even just awareness of the NRL grows.

Yeah but Australian Rules has dominated South Australian sport and the lives of people there since the 19th century, cricket is the national game and would get a good turnout in Mt Isa. Rugby League is something that isn't common in South Australia, I heard the Rams had some ordinary turnouts during their 2 years in the competition. It's good that you guys have regular TV coverage of the NRL and people are more aware of it than before.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah but Australian Rules has dominated South Australian sport and the lives of people there since the 19th century, cricket is the national game and would get a good turnout in Mt Isa. Rugby League is something that isn't common in South Australia, I heard the Rams had some ordinary turnouts during their 2 years in the competition. It's good that you guys have regular TV coverage of the NRL and people are more aware of it than before.

Awareness is the key and it has never been as strong here as it is now. I'm not saying that we should have a team next year but there is a very good opportunity to lay the foundations for a healthy SARL in the future.

Marlins

Juniors
A few suggestions
- maybe a couple games a year like Perth
- a double header
- a origin game
- 9's
- Roosters relocating to Adelaide. I like Easts Roosters

King hit

Coach
Awareness is the key and it has never been as strong here as it is now. I'm not saying that we should have a team next year but there is a very good opportunity to lay the foundations for a healthy SARL in the future.

That's good to hear. Is there a junior or local league in Adelaide? If they can build on it and can lay some very good groundwork.

Travitoh

First Grade
That's good to hear. Is there a junior or local league in Adelaide? If they can build on it and can lay some very good groundwork.

There's a small competition consisting of 5 teams. It's always been small and relatively unknown.
There are a couple of hardworking individuals in the SARL who are doing a decent job of raising the profile of the game. Junior level is where growth will evolve from so attempt to get some genuine NRL players into schools to run some clinics with the SARL.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Let's ignore the20k crowds in Perth for the last 5 years and change direction based on one stormy weather crowd.

I think your short term memory is failing you a little bit...

Here are the last 4 NRL games in Perth...

1/7/17 - Man v Warriors - 6,258
21/5/17 - Souths v Melb - 11,433
16/7/16 -Man v Warriors -11,109
5/6/16- Souths v GC - 13,142

Average -10,485

Generalzod

Immortal

Hey maybe the Raiders can move to Adelaide and introduce the masses to the clap ...lol