What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

taipan

Referee
The latest ordinary female news reader has a hyphenated surname, which sounds like' dirty b*gger",if you are hard of hearing.

big hit!

Bench
i've made the mistake of tuning in this arvo - since been turned off.

let callers crap on for way too long, hughes mumbles his way through calls with no responses, they've got absolutely no clue about any other sport than League and maybe yawnion, and it sounds like they found their newsreader at the kings cross injecting room

The Marshall

Juniors
Talkin Sport at its best this afternoon...."Brickhead" rings in and first thing he asks is if he is on suspension to which Hughes says he's not. So old mate follows this up with saying one of the panel operators has a problem with him but he wasn't working today and will sort him out.....it was one of the rare times Hughes has actually cut someone off!

no name

Coach
Haha, loved it when the coach killer rang up asking when and where the Pacquiao weigh in was, the team replied they didn't know and old mate had a subtle dig saying "well you're a sports show so I figured you should know."

If it's not about the Bulldogs or bashing the Tigers than they have nfi.

Half the time callers ring to discuss NRL games from the weekend and they haven't watched it.

TonyT6

Bench
I heard Brickheads call, had a giggle but had a bigger giggle at Hughes serious voice when he interviewed the cricket association reps

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Have listened to the show for a total of about10-15 minutes this week, being in and out of the car. Twice I have heard two callers ringing in and really making an effort to break down the playing system and tactics that the Socceroos had played in the Confederations Cup. Each of them went on and on for close to 4-5 minutes.

I mean, seriously, why would you waste your time? None of them have even the slightest clue let alone even watched the 30 second highlights from each game the Socceroos played.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
I heard Brickheads call, had a giggle but had a bigger giggle at Hughes serious voice when he interviewed the cricket association reps

That guy is one serious bottom feeder. I'd love to see him and Adrian in a pub together after a couple of schooners though. That'd never happen in reality though because Brickhead sounds like the tightest arse and scrounges around only for freebies at reunions he wasn't invited to.

taipan

Referee
Gotta laugh.Happened to turn 2SM on about 5 to 3pm today, whilst waiting in a school queue.
All I got was near 1 minute of static when the station was obviously off air , and they needed someone in their studio to pedal a lot harder .

Gee i'm glad they aren't running an early warning station, against incoming missiles.We'd be shagged.

Reminds me of those old Classic war movies in black and white.Resistance fighters in a cave, using some crystal radio with static.This is the BBC with their coded message 'the duck is plucked." the rivers are flooding"
" the stew is ready" ."time for all good men to come to the aid of the party" etc etc.

Does 2SM pay their electricity bills on time? Or do they operate better in summer?

The Marshall

Juniors
Who is pumped for Talkin Bulldogs this afternoon?.......there's nothing better then ever second caller talking about the same thing following a Dogs loss.

TonyT6

Bench
That guy is one serious bottom feeder. I'd love to see him and Adrian in a pub together after a couple of schooners though. That'd never happen in reality though because Brickhead sounds like the tightest arse and scrounges around only for freebies at reunions he wasn't invited to.
Thinking about Brickhead getting dumped by Hughes the other day, i think the thing that pissed Hughes off was when Brickhead said "i have been calling up but your not putting me on", Hughes replied "we have a heap of callers and we cant guarantee you will get on"...Brickhead said sarcastically"Please"....thats when Hughes spat it!!

Latest posts