What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup ticket sales?

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Any idea on how ticket sales are travelling for World Cup games ?, Promising or should we be worried about empty stadiums. I was encouraged at the 2008 crowds, it was better then I expected, hopefully this 2017 tournament can be bigger again.

Last Week

Bench
There's a little bit of advertising I've seen here in Sydney. Only billboards and buses though nothing on TV. Bit far out for that though.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Hopefully this week we actually see some reporting on the World Cup, fox sports , 7 need to start talking about the tournament . As league personalities on the fox league channel I would expect them to use this week to build some momentum around the event, or will narrow minded nrl personalities keep talking about the nrl in the international break? I mean honestly who gives a shit about city country, talk about growing the brand, but yet only focus on the past and stale format.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Hopefully this week we actually see some reporting on the World Cup, fox sports , 7 need to start talking about the tournament . As league personalities on the fox league channel I would expect them to use this week to build some momentum around the event, or will narrow minded nrl personalities keep talking about the nrl in the international break? I mean honestly who gives a shit about city country, talk about growing the brand, but yet only focus on the past and stale format.

Ch 7 just did an interview with Sam Burgess on what its like to be playing for England, under Bennett etc. Its been on facebook & twitter too

Burns

First Grade
Ticket Sales look very very ordinary so far. For the Opening and Final, only the most central bays on the lower stands have 'sold out'. Currently AAMI Park and Suncorp Stadium are just over half open for people to choose where they want to seat.

These two matches will probably sell out as we move closer to and pass the State of Origin period. But for now, its not fantastic at all.

jim_57

Staff member
A big push this week with the internationals on would be great. Hopefully there is a lot of advertising on the TV broadcasts and stalls with discounted tickets and merchandise at the Canberra and Campbelltown games.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Ticket Sales look very very ordinary so far. For the Opening and Final, only the most central bays on the lower stands have 'sold out'. Currently AAMI Park and Suncorp Stadium are just over half open for people to choose where they want to seat.

These two matches will probably sell out as we move closer to and pass the State of Origin period. But for now, its not fantastic at all.

To be fair you say "only the most central bays on the lower stands have 'sold out'", these would have to be the most expensive seats in the respective stadiums, so hopefully closer to the tournament, the cheaper seats will start to sell too.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Agreed we need some cracking games this weekend, hopefully the Australians get rolled , generate some genuine competition. Tight games in the others.

Latest posts