What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastnet Rock has a colt in the Epsom Derby..& Dermott Weld trains it..

Foz

Bench
Highland Reel wins the Prince of Wales Stakes to make Winx look better and better all the time
Enable made Highland Reel look second rate tonight over 2400m.
She's pretty good.
I'd back Enable to beat Winx over 2400m in Europe.
Love to see them race each other in the Arc.
Obviously Winx will be staying home to run in a much easier Cox Plate and I have no idea where Enable goes next but it would be a good race.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Enable made Highland Reel look second rate tonight over 2400m.
She's pretty good.
I'd back Enable to beat Winx over 2400m in Europe.
Love to see them race each other in the Arc.
Obviously Winx will be staying home to run in a much easier Cox Plate and I have no idea where Enable goes next but it would be a good race.

True dat Enable is a super filly however Highland Reel needs good going to show his best,he was gone the second it started raining at that meeting,John Gosden spoke to the Racing Post web-site post-race and hailed Enable as quote, "the best filly I've ever trained." This coming from the same man that trained the brilliant Taghrooda just 3 years ago.

Foz

Bench
I just read the plan is for Enable to run in the Arc.
9/4 favourite.
If she wins that no doubt she's the real deal.
Like Winx I don't think the surface matters to Enable.
Don't think I've ever heard of old Franki wasting to ride a horse before so she must be good.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Star Rock about the only one worth following lately from the Rock in Europe,stays very well,maybe listed/group 3 horse in the future.

Also watch out for Gino Severini who got sold to do his future racing in Hong Kong,showed some talent in Europe,should be suited to Hong Kong racing.

Group 1 winner Rivet also got sold to Hong Kong but he hasn't recaptured his 2 year old form,not sure what type of career he will have in Hong Kong tbh.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Stayed up last night to watch the Arc.
Enables a freak.
Haven’t seen a better 2400m 3yo filly.

Enable is a superstar,champion staying filly.

A few great 2400m 3 year old fillies that also come to mind

Treve(Arc as 3 year old filly)

Zarkava(Arc as 3 year old filly)

Rags to Riches(First 3 year old filly in over a century to win the Belmont Stakes)

Danedream( Arc as a 3 year old filly)

Gentildonna(Japan Cup as a 3 year old filly)

Taghrooda(Was the first 3 year old filly since Pawneese in 1976 to win the Oaks and King George in the same season as a 3 year old filly(Enable done it since)

There's plenty more im sure

Foz

Bench
Closely inbred to Sadlers Wells - will be seeing this stacks in the Europe over the next few years..

Enables owned in the same interest as Frankel and California Chrome I think so won’t be running around too much longer.
I hadn’t seen enough of those other fillies in fact Treves the only one I saw run live as I’m limited to the Sky coverage.
Have been following racing since 1968 (Tails was the first horse I fell in love with)but only overseas racing I saw back then was whatever Punters Post Mortem put on.

First prep for Enable over 10 monthsWon 5 2400m group ones in a row.Dont know the other fillies even tried to do that but she’s the best 3yo 2400m filly I’ve seen.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
So that's 7 group 1 winners in the Northern Hemisphere for the Rock

Fascinating Rock
Diamondsandrubies
Intricately
Rivet
Qualify
Zhukova
Laganore

Latest posts