What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
I know is blasphemy around here but flicking between the NRL and AFL game for the Arvo and did I hear the 9 commentator mention a 'big crowd' at Newcastle? Is 19.5k seen to be a big crowd for NRL purposes or a good result for a regional team?

Regardless of the quality of each game you can't help but notice the difference in aesthetics in watching a game with a healthy crowd versus one with a bit of noise but visually pretty sparse, especially using seat coverings. Not a great look and I recall an Adelaide team copping all kinds of shit for doing that before the Adelaide oval move.

I read that ticket pricing seems to be a sore point. Would decreasing prices and getting bigger crowds, with a net nil cash impact of doing so, be a better idea just for the sake of a better atmosphere and visual presentation for those watching in tv?

Last edited:

beave

Coach
fiTLw7pQOV4GJ_Px7xSsiLisHen1fIht0C5KQXOy0V-IjwGBMrsQnWYRtJWdBpyMQIekhE_8Q2T5NCFmc4Yf=w200-h136-nc

Raiderdave

First Grade
I know is blasphemy around here but flicking between the NRL and AFL game for the Arvo and did I hear the 9 commentator mention a 'big crowd' at Newcastle? Is 19.5k seen to be a big crowd for NRL purposes or a good result for a regional team?

Regardless of the quality of each game you can't help but notice the difference in aesthetics in watching a game with a healthy crowd versus one with a bit of noise but visually pretty sparse, especially using seat coverings. Not a great look and I recall an Adelaide team copping all kinds of shit for doing that before the Adelaide oval move.

I read that ticket pricing seems to be a sore point. Would decreasing prices and getting bigger crowds, with a net nil cash impact of doing so, be a better idea just for the sake of a better atmosphere and visual presentation for those watching in tv?

oh
so you watched some of the NRL did you ?

cleary89

Coach
Official crowd: 15,007 at Spotless Stadium

They literally had a competition amongst the afl clubs in sydney on who could give out the most free tickets. The club with the most tickets won a signed jersey. We gave out 400 and didn't win. Multiply it by the 20 or so clubs and you have a shit load of free tickets.

I gave a few out and they were shocked "Geelong are a big side and only play once in Sydney this year, how can they give out thousands of free tickets?". I'm more shocked it only got 15k people.

El Diablo

Post Whore

Victorian alert

dogz08

First Grade
round 17.

parra 14061 good
titans 13140 good
broncos 41741 excellent
roosters 20060 excellent
perth 6258 pathetic
canberra 10226 ok
knights 19531 excellent
souffs 14103 good

T-Boon

Coach
They literally had a competition amongst the afl clubs in sydney on who could give out the most free tickets. The club with the most tickets won a signed jersey. We gave out 400 and didn't win. Multiply it by the 20 or so clubs and you have a shit load of free tickets.

The ANZ based NRL clubs should try this. Good idea. Bums on seats.

T-Boon

Coach
round 17.

parra 14061 good
titans 13140 good
broncos 41741 excellent
roosters 20060 excellent
perth 6258 pathetic
canberra 10226 ok
knights 19531 excellent
souffs 14103 good

Lots of good crowds outside of Sydney and Perth, two potential NRL expansion areas.