What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sydney Roosters win the Grand Final again this year?

The_Shield

Juniors
Croft Smith and Scott will be poached by the roosters in 2 years. So technically Melbourne were using 3 of their players....
Honestly the only one I'm really worried about getting poached anytime soon is Scott. Hopefully we can lock them all up long term

Saxon

Bench
Roosters vs Cronulla this weekend should determine who will play against Melbourne in the 2017 Grand Final.
Ummm ... No.
There are things called s e m i - f i n a l s. That is where the top 8 teams play each other and the teams that keep winning the longest get to play in the Grand Final.
A win this week by either of two teams who are almost certain to finish in the top four won't make much difference. E.g. Melbourne played St George twice before the GF in 1999 and got thumped both times.

OldPanther

Coach
Roosters vs Cronulla this weekend should determine who will play against Melbourne in the 2017 Grand Final.

I doubt it. It won't effect either team on the ladder too much. There is a lot of games still to go. They'll end up top 4 most likely and any finals games will be far more important. This one is just 2 points and some bragging rights.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well we got our answer to this question today!

No team with Manu and Mitchell defending on the edges can win a comp.

We might scrape into the top 4 if we can beat Souffs on Friday but I predict that we'll go out in straight sets.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

OUCH
Embarrassing that was.
Thumped again the 2nd time this year by a top 8 side.

upload_2017-7-2_13-24-13.jpeg

Keep playing like that and you will have a bigger worry about missing the top 8.

JJ

Immortal

You need to study the schedule, and get to grips with how the competition is structured - and of course how the semis work

horrie hastings

First Grade
Any team can win but Melbourne Storm are so far out in front of anyone this year. Cronulla looked world beaters yesterday and played an near faultless game, they just cant seem to put it together at Shark Park, Roosters are way behind both these side on form and ability at the moment.
Melbourne Storm first day light second.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Just a bad day at the office yesterday for the roosters they'll be back. But I have to say Manly are starting to look like the 2nd best side to me. Never thought I'd say that earlier in the year but they are starting to look like genuine contenders

Just a bad day at the office yesterday for the roosters they'll be back. But I have to say Manly are starting to look like the 2nd best side to me. Never thought I'd say that earlier in the year but they are starting to look like genuine contenders

Manly will fade at the business end of the season.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Yep agree about Manly, they are looking good at the right time. Also agree about a bad at the office for the Roosters, they are better than what they displayed against the Sharks, Cronulla picked the day to play almost faultless football only a week after Manly gave Cronulla similar lesson in how to play. The loss showed us where we are at and where we need to improve and hopefully was a blessing in disguise but I am still worried about hitting a full strength Melbourne down there, also Cronulla again at Shark Park and even before we get that far we play a Souths side who just dusted Penrith and we will be a few players down, going to be hard but we have to win these games to be at business end of the season, we do have the personal to do it, we just have the belief too.

carcharias

Immortal
No surprise to see both sharks and storm win this week
Lost last week after origin Sharks had 5 backing up
Storm rested theirs
Roosters win by 1 point probably wasn't so great after all
The sharks looked very flat against manly.
Probably to be expected .

What did surprise me was how both put 40 on other top teams.

Storm get myles next week
Sharks will have segyaro playing again any day.