What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viable option to replace Griffin or should he stay.

OldPanther

Coach
So is there someone out there who is worth getting rid of Griffin for or make your case for keeping him.

The Illawarra Cutters coach has some wraps on him.

Perhaps Toovey, I'd certainly like his passion.

Could be a coach or two in the ESL.

The Teach

Juniors
I'll second the Toovey call. He wouldn't tolerate crap and could possibly fire up certain forwards who aren't performing up to their pay packets.

Also wondering if John Cartright might be a viable option. I know some will flame me for suggesting him, but he's probably better than Griffin. Certainly couldn't be any worse.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I'll second the Toovey call. He wouldn't tolerate crap and could possibly fire up certain forwards who aren't performing up to their pay packets.

Also wondering if John Cartright might be a viable option. I know some will flame me for suggesting him, but he's probably better than Griffin. Certainly couldn't be any worse.

His son Jed has been signed to the club ( till 2019) so it would not be out of the question to see him join the club in some capacity ( assistant coach ) maybe.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why not a blow up doll? Save on money and the duke can dump his ego in it each week?

roofromoz

First Grade
Garth Brennan. Caretaker for the rest of the season and if he has us firing, offer a 2 year deal.

Not sure about the availability of Toovey as he is currently at Bradford.

The Illawarra Cutters coach has some wraps on him.

Perhaps Toovey, I'd certainly like his passion.

Could be a coach or two in the ESL.

Definitely. I'm sick of hearing Griffin's same old monotone voice. Wouldn't know if we'd just won a Grand Final or the whole team had been killed in a plane crash, all sounds the same.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Brennan or Ciraldo until the end of this season. See if something can be salvaged in the final 9 rounds.

Once the season is finished use 4-6 weeks to do a PROPER search for a coach. Go through a PROPER interview process and try to find the most suitable candidate.

OldPanther

Coach
Brennan or Ciraldo until the end of this season. See if something can be salvaged in the final 9 rounds.

Once the season is finished use 4-6 weeks to do a PROPER search for a coach. Go through a PROPER interview process and try to find the most suitable candidate.

That seems the most reasonable. What are the chances of it happening?