What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Raiders the most disappointing team this year?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Penrith are making a run for a title, both have been rubbish this year after being touted for a top 4 finish.

T-Boon

Coach
Has a team ever played an expansive exciting brand of the game and then backed up the next season with success?

Tiger 05?
Eels 09?
Panthers16?
Raiders16?
Ipswich Jets 15?

In the era of the wrestle, playing attractive Rugby League will only get you so far before Bellamy and co work out how to bore you out of the contest. Thats because the current rules of the game demand that teams play the boring game plans. Thats how you win under these rules.

nick87

Coach
I feel for Raiders fans, whenever they finish a season well and come into the next season with a ton of promise they always flop. 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 & 2016 were all seasons that showed a lot of promise for the club and would have any fan optimistic yet the following seasons would always be a disaster. The club just can't get any momentum going over 2-3 seasons.

It's the hope that kills you
I somewhat envy knights fans in this regard

Reactions: 851
I feel for Raiders fans, whenever they finish a season well and come into the next season with a ton of promise they always flop. 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 & 2016 were all seasons that showed a lot of promise for the club and would have any fan optimistic yet the following seasons would always be a disaster. The club just can't get any momentum going over 2-3 seasons.

My life as a RL fan in a nutshell. The kiwis also let me down in a similar way.

I don't know why I get my hopes up tbh. In modern times, the NRL is an uneven playing field for clubs like mine, and it would take a miracle for us to win another premiership.

Someguy

First Grade
Has a team ever played an expansive exciting brand of the game and then backed up the next season with success?

Tiger 05?
Eels 09?
Panthers16?
Raiders16?
Ipswich Jets 15?

Let's see if Melbourne Storm can back up their expansive exciting brand of football and have similar success next year

Das Gupta

Juniors
Along with Penrith the Raiders stink this year.

And to think that clown Gould wants to re-sign Griffin.

POPEYE

Coach
If no team that has had 40 put on them in the regular season has won a cup, true or false, we are running out of contenders

POPEYE

Coach

Tiger 05?
Eels 09?
Panthers16?
Raiders16?
Ipswich Jets 15?

In the era of the wrestle, playing attractive Rugby League will only get you so far before Bellamy and co work out how to bore you out of the contest. Thats because the current rules of the game demand that teams play the boring game plans. Thats how you win under these rules.
How's 'for and against' going dopey

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I don't think there disappointing,they have like 1 Origin player(Papali)a Kiwi international in Rapana and a English International in Hodgson and that's it,there hardly a team full of world beaters,they are currently where there meant to be on the ladder.

Someguy

First Grade
Haha, nice...
Or Souths.
Souths 1 or 2 exciting games sloppy for the rest of it.

Melbourne on the other hand have been consistently exciting for most of the year and getting Good results from that style of play. Highest scoring team and have also made more tackles than anyone else, with all the down time after tries this would suggest that storm games are played at a high speed and intensity and high quality. Let go of your bias and see that the storm are (for this season at least) amongst the most exciting teams and are great for the game

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I don't think there disappointing,they have like 1 Origin player(Papali)a Kiwi international in Rapana and a English International in Hodgson and that's it,there hardly a team full of world beaters,they are currently where there meant to be on the ladder.
Boyd is an Australian rep, Whitehead an English rep as well you silly Leso.

Latest posts