What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

Shorty

Staff member
Lol points have been argued, Eagles fans act like Justin Bieber fans hysterical because DCE hasn't been picked.
It's been explained logically and even if there was some drama...well...so? They don't want him there.
Manly in top 8 and looking good for finals, concentrate on that

Canard

Immortal
Absolute tripe. He's played limited minutes from the bench in most of those games, as a running forward, and the game he gets criticised for the most Qld lost 6-4. Thurston as the experienced, so-called future immortal should've stood up in that game. Instead, he threw the inexperienced Origin player under the bus after the game. It showed Thurston's true colours, despite how many pairs of headgear he gives to children.

In the fair dinkum department, we keep hearing that 3 or 4 of these QLD blokes are future immortals, but then on the flipside it's DCE's fault they lost that game? Either Cronk is the man, and makes these other guys appear far greater than they are, or blaming DCE is a massive cop out and the other blokes fizzed and should share the blame.

If DCE doesn't fit into the culture of QLD, but domestic violence perpetrators are kosher, then it says a lot more about the QLD culture than it does about DCE. Good culture to avoid I think.

Yes. JT was such as under performer at Origin level as have Cronk and Smith.

Thurston's post game comments about Cronk where hardly "controversial" and only beaten up by a desperate NSW press.

I agree with your view that DCE's limited as a bench player. He has been given 6 opportunities and not delivered. His non selection isn't the head scratcher, Hunts is.

The Beaver

Juniors
Lol points have been argued, Eagles fans act like Justin Bieber fans hysterical because DCE hasn't been picked.
It's been explained logically and even if there was some drama...well...so? They don't want him there.
Manly in top 8 and looking good for finals, concentrate on that

The hide of a cowboys fan to claim another fan base is acting hysterically. How's that NSW conspiracy which explains the Cowboys failures in finals series? Ohh no, you won one, no NSW conspiracy, it was just your own ineptness all along.

I'm happy DCE was overlooked, I'm just calling out the ridiculous notion that DCE has been abysmal at Origin.

I also find it funny all this talk of the great Qld culture. Of all the deadshits that have worn the Qld jersey (and Blues jersey) and they can't put up with this guy because he's a bit different? They've been playing with Cooper Cronk for a decade ffs (I like Cronk btw, his losing speech after getting smoked 40-0 in 2008 was very impressive).

I guess I'm just trying to work out why they haven't picked him. It's not talent (Ben Hunt), it surely can't be because he's a bad bloke (Justin Hodges, Josh McGuire et al) or a weird bloke (Cooper Cronk). It's a head scratcher. All I can assume is that there's a chance the number 14 is there just in case of injury, and there's a chance he could sit on the pine for 80 minutes. As Brisbane have the bye this week, Ben Hunt wasn't going to play anyway, whereas it's unfair for DCE and Manly to miss a game just to sit on a bench. Fair play QRL.

Travitoh

First Grade
Personally i would've looked to pick someone like Oates for the bench spot - a back who has the ability to slot into the forward rotation - and treat Munster as the utility if required to fill in the spine. But then I'm not a huge fan of having a bench utility just for the sake of having one anyway.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Personally i would've looked to pick someone like Oates for the bench spot - a back who has the ability to slot into the forward rotation - and treat Munster as the utility if required to fill in the spine. But then I'm not a huge fan of having a bench utility just for the sake of having one anyway.

Oates is injured.

Canard

Immortal
The hide of a cowboys fan to claim another fan base is acting hysterically. How's that NSW conspiracy which explains the Cowboys failures in finals series? Ohh no, you won one, no NSW conspiracy, it was just your own ineptness all along.

I'm happy DCE was overlooked, I'm just calling out the ridiculous notion that DCE has been abysmal at Origin.

I also find it funny all this talk of the great Qld culture. Of all the deadshits that have worn the Qld jersey (and Blues jersey) and they can't put up with this guy because he's a bit different? They've been playing with Cooper Cronk for a decade ffs (I like Cronk btw, his losing speech after getting smoked 40-0 in 2008 was very impressive).

I guess I'm just trying to work out why they haven't picked him. It's not talent (Ben Hunt), it surely can't be because he's a bad bloke (Justin Hodges, Josh McGuire et al) or a weird bloke (Cooper Cronk). It's a head scratcher. All I can assume is that there's a chance the number 14 is there just in case of injury, and there's a chance he could sit on the pine for 80 minutes. As Brisbane have the bye this week, Ben Hunt wasn't going to play anyway, whereas it's unfair for DCE and Manly to miss a game just to sit on a bench. Fair play QRL.

Manly fans in a massive meltdown over a guy who has struggled at this level not getting picked for a decider. For mine DCE has to be in the 13 or not at all.

When he gets picked next year how will you be able to explain your invented fantasy that he isn't liked by the players??

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Manly fans in a massive meltdown over a guy who has struggled at this level not getting picked for a decider. For mine DCE has to be in the 13 or not at all.

When he gets picked next year how will you be able to explain your invented fantasy that he isn't liked by the players??
Agree that he needs to be in the 13 or not at all. But, he is a better half than Morgan and Morgan is a better bench Utility than Hunt.

OldPanther

Coach
They should be picking their best team. That is DCE at 6 and Morgan utility. DCE has shown he can play outside and organiser this year with Green there.

Bronco18

Juniors
They should be picking their best team. That is DCE at 6 and Morgan utility. DCE has shown he can play outside and organiser this year with Green there.

It can take a little while to develop a combination like that though. Manly were absolute garbage at the start of the season and DCE himself was playing very ordinary.

Parachuting him in for a one off game and expecting him and Cronk to gel is different.

Scaven

Juniors
It can take a little while to develop a combination like that though. Manly were absolute garbage at the start of the season and DCE himself was playing very ordinary.

Parachuting him in for a one off game and expecting him and Cronk to gel is different.

What? They were garbage for one game against South's in round 2. DCE has been good to great all season. He is the form halfback of the comp.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade

So where is the combination with Cronk/Morgan/Hunt?

slamminsam246

Juniors

So you are obviously calling Munster as the definite 6. IF they go that way, fair enough. Still doesnt justify Hunt over Dce (or Norman).
Hunts selection has Bennetts fingerprints all over it (ala Milf n Boyd over Slater). It's a shame that in 1 year the Qld jersey has been cheapened so much.

Knightmare

Coach
The fact that Qld have had such a large concentration of Broncos/ Cowboys/ Storm players for the past decade has had a lot of advantages- large chunks of the squad are already well acquainted with each other and know eachothers' game, compared to NSW where you have players from a wider selection of clubs who (in many cases) have had little to do with each other previously and need to form a cohesive unit in a short space of time.

In this case, though, it's worked against them. DCE has yet to prove himself as an Origin-worthy player, but if he played for one of the 3 teams mentioned earlier I'm sure he'd have been picked.

Gentle Herpes

Juniors
As someone who has supported NSW their whole life, I have to say I am sickened by the snubbing of DCE. So much so, that I have no other choice but to continue to support the Blues for game 3.

Howwy

Juniors
The fact that Qld have had such a large concentration of Broncos/ Cowboys/ Storm players for the past decade has had a lot of advantages- large chunks of the squad are already well acquainted with each other and know eachothers' game, compared to NSW where you have players from a wider selection of clubs who (in many cases) have had little to do with each other previously and need to form a cohesive unit in a short space of time.

In this case, though, it's worked against them. DCE has yet to prove himself as an Origin-worthy player, but if he played for one of the 3 teams mentioned earlier I'm sure he'd have been picked.

Haven't laced on a boot myself - so what would I know - but I'm not so sure. After all this was the case during the '90s yet NSW tended to prevail with 2-1 series wins (with 3-0s in '96 and '00), so Gould at least found a way to effectively mould his sides nonetheless. Moreover I reckon it's reasonable to expect genuinely great players to combine quickly, given their confidence not just in themselves but their teammates as well, e.g. Locker/Thurston/Slater/Smith only played together in rep teams.

As far as DCE goes I wonder if he's just the unfortunate holder of the short straw, where 3 doesn't quite go into 2, so to speak. I recall his run in Game 3 2014 just before halftime that pretty much got QLD going in that game after they were looking a bit rusty even with Cronk's return. Perhaps his time will come with Coops' - and eventually Smith's - retirements.

Gentle Herpes

Juniors
Hunts selection has Bennetts fingerprints all over it (ala Milf n Boyd over Slater). It's a shame that in 1 year the Qld jersey has been cheapened so much.
Why is Bennett pushing for the selection of the dude who he dropped a few weeks ago and will be playing for the Dragons in 2018?

Latest posts