What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In an 18 team comp...

T-Boon

Coach
Went to a NSW Cup match today

Top 4 team clash preceeded by a local district A Grade match of the same team

Turned up 30 min before kickoff grandstand was full oeople cheering the local A Grade

But a weird thing happened

With 10 min of the NSW Cup clash starting most of the grand emptied. Even though their high grade NSW Cup was playing

Seems NSW Cup fans bar old clubs like Norths and Newtown couldnt give a rats about NSW Cup.

So its not only people like me who want to follow a NRL clubs lower grades

They are basically saying a NSW Cup isnt their team either

I figure this supports what I am saying. Which is get rid of NRL reserve grade all together.

Are you saying this proves reserve grade should be played prior to first grade? If so I dont agree as even back in the day nobody bar family would turn up early to watch reserve grade or even today under 20s.

siv

First Grade
I figure this supports what I am saying. Which is get rid of NRL reserve grade all together.

Are you saying this proves reserve grade should be played prior to first grade? If so I dont agree as even back in the day nobody bar family would turn up early to watch reserve grade or even today under 20s.

How does people leaving a A grade game and not staying to watch their sane NSW Cup team support a NSW Cup is more attractive than National RG agrument ?

Also how does having 13-17 players from a higher squad mean anything to a NSW Cup teams loyal supporters

I hear huge frustration when a NRL coach doesnt allow players to play or put players in untried positions

To me NSW Cup should equal the second division RM Cup

There is a place for a professionally run National RG and a place for a partime run second division NSW Cup

I cant understand why Parramatta don't kick out the likes of Manly and Canberra fron running a RG operation in their district

siv

First Grade
Ticketed seating has the been the killer of early crowds

Before you would get in early claim your seat for you and friends

Anyone rember the days fans would camp overnight outside the SCG just claim their spot on the hill for GF day

Latest posts