What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2017

Parra

Referee
More on this - there is a constructors championship as well as a driver title. They even play the constructor national anthem at each podium.

So penalise constructor points for team indiscretions and driver points for driver behavior.

Seems obvious.

Life's Good

Coach
More on this - there is a constructors championship as well as a driver title. They even play the constructor national anthem at each podium.

So penalise constructor points for team indiscretions and driver points for driver behavior.

Seems obvious.
Your suggestion has merit except the teams would always take the blame for a mechanical failure even if the driver drove it too hard. Maybe a certain number of 'team' based failures applies and then after that it starts to count against the driver??

Parra

Referee
It would be rorted in any case. Part of the game. Some impovement so as much as possible the title is decided on the track

Munted

Bench
He put on nice face for the cameras but behind closed doors.......

100%.
Daddy wouldn't be happy either.

Good race in the end, wish it had another 2 laps in it as vet bot started to spice up and ric ham was also getting interesting.

Kvyat needs to sit a race out like Grosjean did years ago, he's not up to it.

Life's Good

Coach
100%.
Daddy wouldn't be happy either.

Good race in the end, wish it had another 2 laps in it as vet bot started to spice up and ric ham was also getting interesting.

Kvyat needs to sit a race out like Grosjean did years ago, he's not up to it.
You could see Alonso was checking his mirrors all the way to the first corner and left plenty of room but Kyvat just had brain fade. Not the first time either.

Parra

Referee
You could see Alonso was checking his mirrors all the way to the first corner and left plenty of room but Kyvat just had brain fade. Not the first time either.

I thought that footage of Alonso was amazing. Great start, great awareness and he still gets taken out by another kvyat idiotic moment.

Life's Good

Coach
I thought that footage of Alonso was amazing. Great start, great awareness and he still gets taken out by another kvyat idiotic moment.
I've mentioned before my admiration for Alonso. It's such a shame he has made a couple of poor choices/taken the wrong advice otherwise he is easily a 5 time WDC.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Beautiful English weather for qualifying.
Ricciardo's run of luck has finally come unstuck. Was interesting to hear Horner's comment about Ric's gearbox. They changed it now as they didn't see much chance of a result at Silverstone, a high speed/ high horsepower circuit. They didn't want to take the penalty at Hungary where they think they have a chance.

Life's Good

Coach
Halo mandated for 2018. I am all for safety but it takes away the essence of open wheelers. Very disappointing.

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
Halo mandated for 2018. I am all for safety but it takes away the essence of open wheelers. Very disappointing.

Which halo?

I liked the glass/perplex system redbull ran with last year, still looked sleek. The ugly 3 bar contraption ferrari ran with last year was an abomination

Life's Good

Coach
Which halo?

I liked the glass/perplex system redbull ran with last year, still looked sleek. The ugly 3 bar contraption ferrari ran with last year was an abomination
Hate to break it to you but is the ugly contraption below(looks like a thong). The shield has been tested(as recent as Silverstone)but the FIA have gone with the Halo - fugly.

IMG_1365.JPG

Life's Good

Coach
Very dissapointed it has come to this.
I can only think of 2 deaths, not in F1, that the Halo would have possibly prevented in the last 10 years - Justin Wilson(IRL) & Henry Surtees(F2). Both deaths were the result of debris from a crashed car striking the following driver.

Storm13

Juniors
All i see is different ways a driver can now be seriously hurt. Consider F1 to be the at the top when it comes to safety but this is just one step too far.

Latest posts