What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Clifferd

Coach
Yep QLD's intensity was immense for majority of the game. But a good halfback would have done his best to nullify that by kicking into corners etc to take the sting out of the game.

Mitchell Pearce did not do that. Instead he kept kicking predictable bombs down the qlds back 3 all night creating consistent momentum

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You could argue Pearces shit kicking game gassed the nsw forwards pretty quickly
That and I'm pretty sure Daley employed Dean Pay as the defensive coach. The only time I've seen a team let the opposition consistently make 60+ metres every set is when I watch the Raiders play.

morley101

Juniors
90% of the time Pearce was kicking from between 40 meter line and halfway with 3 players ready at the back. From the same area of the field Queensland had the same results...only difference was it only 30% of the time.

DiegoNT

First Grade
90% of the time Pearce was kicking from between 40 meter line and halfway with 3 players ready at the back. From the same area of the field Queensland had the same results...only difference was it only 30% of the time.
Bull. There was plenty of times he was at the 50 or over it and still went for the easy bomb to slater. There was also a case in the second half where after 3 quick play the balls, he went for a 40/20 on the 3rd tackle only for it to go straight to Slater to make huge meters. The one time we started making momentum he blew it away with a rush of blood

Incorrect

Coach
Not to mention that this fraud is meant to be a leader.

How about firing up your forwards? Or making an inspirational tackle?

Nup. Just fluffed around like an old moll.
Certainly the most fired up I saw him last night was in about the 78th or 79th minute after yet another NSW mistake - the camera was on him and he was blowing up deluxe at someone about something.... I was hoping the camera panned away to show that he was looking in a mirror....

Meapro Ham

Juniors
210 minutes with 0 try assists. 0 linebreak assists. Every kick was down the throat of Queensland. He also sucked in defence.

30 minutes with him in Game 1 we take a small lead and make it a huge lead.

That is not a coincidence. Nor is winning 2014 when he wasnt there. He is literally the worst player available. 10 point lead in Game 2 to win the series. All the ball. Forwards dominating.... he done f**king nothing except waste it all.

Feel better for getting that off your chest princess?

Radical Rat

Juniors
Pearce was useless but he's not the sole reason we lost.

QLD actually came to play footy and we weren't prepared for it. We were expecting a grind and they were expansive. We just couldn't wrap up the ball. The oflloads killed us. And the first contact wasn't good enough. Munster must have had 150 tackle busts by halftime.

It was just a really weak and spiritless performance by the Blues. I see absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel.

POPEYE

Coach
Qld have alternatives to keep their playmakers on their toes. Was Pearce any worse than Maloney, who keeps them looking over their shoulders, who else does Laurie pick before last night's game . . . names please

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Lol

You're a bit simple aren't you?

If Woods made 150 metres would NSW have won? No. That alone would not have done it

Well that certainly would have helped. Woods and Fafita struggling to make effective yardage set the tone for the whole game. A starting prop for NSW getting 150 metres with quick play the balls would have made a massive difference.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Well that certainly would have helped. Woods and Fafita struggling to make effective yardage set the tone for the whole game. A starting prop for NSW getting 150 metres with quick play the balls would have made a massive difference.

Well 2 blokes came off the bench and did that.

What changed with Pearce's kicking game at that point exactly?

Latest posts