What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

JJ

Immortal
Holy Shit. This question again?

Maloney to 7 and either Moylan or Bird in the 6.

What are you going to lose here?

A great kicking game? no.

A great team general? no.

A great attacking player? no.

Yeah, exactly - his club form and the lack of quality NSW players wearing #7 keeps him in the discussion - but he's had an astonishing number of Origins and just isn't good enough, it's a shame, but that's a fact. f**king Hodgkinson and Adam Reynolds looked better FFS - at the end of the day Moylan is a star, he should be there somewhere, and Bird is too good to sit on the bench - the forwards were dominant in game 1, but Pearce was also in Disneyland when NSW were at their best

Daley's got to go too, great Origin player, one of the greatest, but his management of the replacements in the game seems illogical - time for a change there too

JJ

Immortal
He's played more Origins than his father.

Just dwell on that...

Think this list is correct - which of these is not like the others?

I imagine he's played in the halves more than Johns too :lol:

Clifferd

Coach
on coach who would you pick though?

I know Fitler and Johns come across as lunatics but imo they'd be great for the gig. I've heard from various people/players that fitler in particular is a great tactical coach and the players no doubt respect him

Fitler as head coach and Johns as his assistant

JJ

Immortal
You guys are morons! Its not Mitchell Pearce's fault that NSW lost the series! Gallen and Farah kept getting in his way...oh wait
It's not that he lost them the series - it's just that he's never, ever, looked like an Origin player - he's just not up to it - why would they keep persisting with him?

I mean, how many halves would need to be in wheelchairs before Meninga played him for Australia?

mxlegend99

Referee
Think this list is correct - which of these is not like the others?

I imagine he's played in the halves more than Johns too :lol:
Has anyone else on the list failed to win a series?

gregstar

Referee
the unfortunate thing for pearceoff is that he is a good first grade halfback.

he should veto his own selection if he is selected next year.

his reputation is now set.

considering an out & out champion like langlands is almost predominantly associated with white boots some 40 odd years later what has pearceoff got in front of him?

people who colonize Pluto in 4058 will still know of him & his legacy.

Clifferd

Coach
It's not that he lost them the series - it's just that he's never, ever, looked like an Origin player - he's just not up to it - why would they keep persisting with him?

I mean, how many halves would need to be in wheelchairs before Meninga played him for Australia?

Munster legit played as good in his debut game as Pearce has played in 18 origins. Quality

After last night I'd say the Australian halves pecking order would be

JT/Cronk/Morgan/Munster/Milford/DCE/Maloney/Hunt ....

Pearce

JJ

Immortal
Has anyone else on the list failed to win a series?

Obviously some of the very greatest Blues didn't play a huge number of games, but that aside the list is like a Hall of Fame, and then the waterboy - it's not his fault they keep picking him, but seriously how many times do you keep doing the same thing and expecting something different

Munster legit played as good in his debut game they Pearce has played in 18 origins. Quality

After last night I'd say the Australian halves pecking order would be

JT/Cronk/Morgan/Munster/Milford/DCE/Maloney/Hunt ....

Pearce

in your gap add Moylan, Taylor, Cleary, both Reynolds, - Meninga would probably play Smith in the halves and Friend at hooker before going to Pearce, or even Wade Graham

Clifferd

Coach
Obviously some of the very greatest Blues didn't play a huge number of games, but that aside the list is like a Hall of Fame, and then the waterboy - it's not his fault they keep picking him, but seriously how many times do you keep doing the same thing and expecting something different

in your gap add Moylan, Taylor, Cleary, both Reynolds, - Meninga would probably play Smith in the halves and Friend at hooker before going to Pearce, or even Wade Graham

I'd seriously even consider adding Moses and Brooks on that list too before Pearce.

Their biggest advantage is they haven't had 18 origin games yet to prove how shit they are

That's how highly I reckon Mal rates Pearce

Big Pete

Referee
The Blues have to improve their development pathways. Despite their issues in the halves, only one half was selected in the Emerging squad, 19-year-old Nathan Cleary. I wonder what sort of impact these selections have on players? I wonder if a player like Aidan Sezer or Mitchell Moses were kept in the loop what sort of impact that would have on them in club level. Just that extra motivation, that extra bit of confidence and belief could be so crucial and create a healthy set of competition among the halves.

Start there, cultivate talent like Mitchell Moses, Luke Keary, Connor Watson, Aidan Sezer etc. and make the halves the priority.

On the subject, while he shouldn't have his papers marked just yet, Maloney should not be guaranteed selection either.

El Diablo

Post Whore
we need her back

1399967762450.jpg

Incorrect

Coach
The Blues have to improve their development pathways. Despite their issues in the halves, only one half was selected in the Emerging squad, 19-year-old Nathan Cleary. I wonder what sort of impact these selections have on players? I wonder if a player like Aidan Sezer or Mitchell Moses were kept in the loop what sort of impact that would have on them in club level. Just that extra motivation, that extra bit of confidence and belief could be so crucial and create a healthy set of competition among the halves.

Start there, cultivate talent like Mitchell Moses, Luke Keary, Connor Watson, Aidan Sezer etc. and make the halves the priority.

On the subject, while he shouldn't have his papers marked just yet, Maloney should not be guaranteed selection either.

Courtesy of being under the tutelage for a 2nd straight season of notorious halves career killing coach Ricky Stuart, Sezer is flat out making first grade at the moment...

Chad Townsend could have executed a better passing and kicking game than Pearce did last night I'm certain....

I posted in the Eels section earlier today, Daley forever trots out the same line about "not wanting to pick players until they're ready".... QLD picked a debutant to start at #6 in the "Biggest Origin Game of All Time" (according to channel 9) and he killed it...

All this talk about having to pick "Origin players" and holding blokes back until "they're ready" - this attitude is probably doing more harm than good as blokes are probably starting to believe that State of Origin is a completely foreign game and they might as well be playing water polo by the time they get a start... It's a game of rugby league FFS - yeah it's a bit faster and it'll test you physically but if you're a footballer you're a footballer - NSW coaching and selection panels make it sound like they need players who can run with a footy in 1 hand and perform heart surgery with the other while they're on the field....

Big Pete

Referee
Courtesy of being under the tutelage for a 2nd straight season of notorious halves career killing coach Ricky Stuart, Sezer is flat out making first grade at the moment...

Sezer is down on form, but the Blues have to be prepared to back their own systems if they're going to find the right halves for their cause. If you can convince 4 or 5 of these halves they're a good chance of playing Origin, then it could create this healthy rivalry among the halves.

carcharias

Immortal

Chad Townsend could have executed a better passing and kicking game than Pearce did last night I'm certain....

I posted in the Eels section earlier today, Daley forever trots out the same line about "not wanting to pick players until they're ready".... QLD picked a debutant to start at #6 in the "Biggest Origin Game of All Time" (according to channel 9) and he killed it...

All this talk about having to pick "Origin players" and holding blokes back until "they're ready" - this attitude is probably doing more harm than good as blokes are probably starting to believe that State of Origin is a completely foreign game and they might as well be playing water polo by the time they get a start... It's a game of rugby league FFS - yeah it's a bit faster and it'll test you physically but if you're a footballer you're a footballer - NSW coaching and selection panels make it sound like they need players who can run with a footy in 1 hand and perform heart surgery with the other while they're on the field....

I suggested they pick Townsend to partner Maloney to a bunch of mates before this years series.
They laughed at me.
This was after one of pearces once a year good games.

Anyway
At least Townsend can kick and pass.
Two things Pearce can't do ever.